Crime & Courts

Richmond Co. | Columbia Co. | Aiken Co. |

Evans man beaten and robbed Friday

Friday, Sept. 27, 2013 5:53 PM
Last updated 7:30 PM

The Columbia County Sheriff’s Office is looking for two men who beat and robbed an Evans man Friday.

Back | Next
Police say this car was involved in an early-morning robbery Friday.
Police say this car was involved in an early-morning robbery Friday.

Map View

Javascript is required to view this map.

Brady McManus, 31, told deputies that he was walking home from Applebee’s on Belair Road when two men attacked him near the entrance of Walden Glen Aparments, according to an incident report.

McManus said the men pulled to the side of the road in a white sedan, got out and began hitting him with their fists. The suspects then took McManus’ wallet and stole more than $150 before leaving.

McManus said a third person was driving the car.

soapy_725
soapy_725 09/27/13 - 05:59 pm
The Jungle is coming to CC. The new place to forage.

The Jungle is coming to CC. The new place to forage.

soapy_725
soapy_725 09/27/13 - 06:00 pm
Get out your hoodie, baggy pants and backwards cap. Dog!!!

Get out your hoodie, baggy pants and backwards cap. Dog!!!

nocnoc
nocnoc 09/27/13 - 06:47 pm
Has Augusta come to Evans?

btw: ANY reason the suspects descriptions were not shared with the public?

Travis Highfield
Travis Highfield 09/27/13 - 06:52 pm
Not included...

The incident report only refers to the suspects as black males. No other description was provided.

Pops
Pops 09/27/13 - 07:19 pm
This sounds like there is more

to the story than Brady is wanting to share......walking home from Applebee's....no car.....no cell phone stolen.....

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 09/27/13 - 08:25 pm
Why

was the word "Black" left out of the article report?

How many want to bet that the white sedans had Richmond county tags.

itsanotherday1
itsanotherday1 09/27/13 - 08:32 pm
Travis

It matters not to me, but some who recognize the make/model of the car (I don't) might put things together for a lead if they knew it was black males, white males, hispanic males, asian males, etc.

Pops
Pops 09/27/13 - 08:29 pm
According to Countyman

it was Lee Harvey Oswald driving the car......

harley_52
harley_52 09/27/13 - 10:26 pm
I See Augusta Gets The Blame...

....even when Columbia County has criminal activity.

Funny, I haven't heard Augusta residents blaming their crime on Columbia County residents.

countyman
20120
countyman 09/28/13 - 01:04 am
North Belair, South Belair, Old Belair, Belair

The incident took place on North Belair road in Evans. The media does something in terms of South Belair road in Martinez.

Belair road is located in Richmond County and runs between Wrightsboro/Powell.

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 09/28/13 - 06:34 am
Sorry

Harley! I apologize.

nocnoc
nocnoc 09/28/13 - 07:54 am
Pops -

Some Sat Morning Humor, before I head out to do so zero in the
300 Win mag.
---------------
Pop's
I heard it was 5 Guys with Burgers & Fries last seen headed toward Starbucks or Diamond Lakes.

nocnoc
nocnoc 09/28/13 - 08:00 am
Crime as an Export

Is ARC at the point like Fulton Co. was years ago?

Where Fulton Co. had 2 exports:
Crime,
and minimum wage workers using the transit system?

Logically Crime seeks out middle class economic areas
and workers on pay days.

Statistically and Surprisingly
High Income (RICH-RICH)areas seldom see the increases
that middle class communities do, as crime rates raises.

Bizkit
Bizkit 09/28/13 - 08:08 am
You are 40 times more likely

You are 40 times more likely to be assaulted by a black than any other ethnicity.Racism attitudes are more prominent in blacks. At least that is what studies say.

Bizkit
Bizkit 09/28/13 - 08:11 am
Noc Noc that is true that

Noc Noc that is true that crime is lower in wealthier communities, except In black communities of wealth where crime rates are still high.

chascushman
chascushman 09/28/13 - 09:16 am
' btw: ANY reason the

' btw: ANY reason the suspects descriptions were not shared with the public?'
nocnoc, why do you need a description it is the same most of the time, YOUNG BLACK MALES. THANK YOU, Great Society, liberals, democrats and black leaders for creating this mess.

chascushman
chascushman 09/28/13 - 09:19 am
'You are 40 times more likely

'You are 40 times more likely to be assaulted by a black than any other ethnicity.Racism attitudes are more prominent in blacks.'
Bizkit, careful are you will be labeled a racist for stating the truth.

Bizkit
Bizkit 09/28/13 - 09:25 am
I'm neutral just reading the

I'm neutral just reading the studies. What is interesting isn't what they find, but how they explain the differences in violence rates and incarceration rates. Forget parsimony. I have an interest in health disparities so it leads you everywhere.

countyman
20120
countyman 09/28/13 - 01:04 pm
Bizkit. When do you hear

Bizkit. When do you hear about crime in Belair Estates? Please provide the facts to back up your claim about wealthy black communities.

GnipGnop
GnipGnop 09/28/13 - 01:34 pm
I am just thankful

the Augusta Chronicle reported a crime in Columbia County...at least we don't have to hear that complaint from a certain poster...

countyman
20120
countyman 09/28/13 - 01:46 pm
Facts

I've been hearing several people make sarcastic remarks about the lack of reporting for Columbia county.

There's no fair comparison between reporting one crime incident versus the numerous articles related to new businesses or positive stories.

When is the daily crime in CC reported? Burglaries, car break ins, fights/drugs in the schools, assaults, etc?

I don't have a problem if the majority of negative stories are related to Richmond, but the majority of positive one's should be too.

GnipGnop
GnipGnop 09/28/13 - 01:55 pm
It is a Augusta paper....

When are you going to realize that? I wouldn't want to read a paper that reported a majority of things where i didn't live...someone refuted your complaint with a comment about the police blotter in the Columbia News Times... Hey what about that 5 guys you been harping about for a year now....is it built yet?

Bizkit
Bizkit 09/28/13 - 03:03 pm
County this was a reference

County this was a reference to a study across the US. I wasn't implying any local events. I never mentioned Belair estates.

Kingbiscuitboy
Kingbiscuitboy 09/28/13 - 03:50 pm
zippy
zippy 09/29/13 - 11:43 am
the only thing I carry in my

the only thing I carry in my pocket is a 9 mm and I would gladly give them some of that

Darby
Darby 09/29/13 - 11:49 am
"We all need conceal and carry permits. Nuff said!"

I'm pretty sure you meant that we who are level headed, responsible and law abiding need those permits.

On the other hand. I don't want anyone to carry if he/she fears the handgun more than they fear the felon.

They'd just shoot themselves in the foot, or worse yet, end up providing the perp with another weapon to use in future crimes.

nocnoc
nocnoc 09/29/13 - 06:18 pm
Personally I would like to see

Personally I would like to see concealed carry without a permit.

Why the extra step and fee's, If you can already legally own and carry a pistol?

reba530
reba530 09/29/13 - 09:33 pm
All I can say about this

All I can say about this story is go figure. The description was 2 black males...NO DOUBT. GET A JOB YOU SORRY BUNCH OF LOSERS

mrenee2003
mrenee2003 09/30/13 - 12:26 am
Bizkit

What studies? Sounds to me like you went to conservative websites and spewed their bigoted "science." Show me the evidence. Specifically, what nonpartisan research shows that Blacks are more racist? There are a few "studies" that show most people THINK Blacks are more racist (dubious evidence that Blacks are, indeed, more racist). And your 40% number, I think, refers to likelihood of incarceration, which is also a meaningless number considering Blacks are arrested, convicted, and incarcerated at higher rates than Whites (meaning, Whites get away with more stuff than Blacks). In 2011, 3172 Whites were murdered. Of those, 83% were killed by other Whites, 14% were killed by Blacks, and 3% by other/unknown. White on White crime is problem. Frankly, the bigger issue is gender, not race, since it's men that commit most violent crime. Why don't we have a conversation about that?