Crime & Courts

Richmond Co. | Columbia Co. | Aiken Co. |

Augusta mother accused of punching son for not washing face, brushing teeth

Thursday, Sept. 26, 2013 2:13 PM
Last updated 8:53 PM

An Augusta mother is facing charges that she punched her 5-year-old son in the face when he refused to wash his face and brush his teeth.

Larkin  SPECIAL
SPECIAL
Larkin

Bianca Yondale Larkin, 25, called a friend to pick up her son from River Glen Apartments on East Telfair Street on Sept. 19 because “she could not take it anymore and she had gone too far,” the friend told police.

Larkin told her friend she had been up all night because a roommate was fighting with her boyfriend and Larkin was tired. After the boy refused to wash his face and brush his teeth, she became upset and punched him in the face and body, according to police.

A police report said the 46-year-old friend picked up Larkin and her son but dropped off Larkin at another location. When the friend was alone with the child, she asked him to remove his sunglasses and discovered his left eye swollen shut.

Police said the friend told Larkin she was taking the child to the hospital and asked Larkin to accompany them, but she responded that the child was fine and should be brought back to her.

He was taken to University Hospital, where a deputy saw him with a swollen eye and bruises on his back.

Larkin was booked into the Richmond County jail Wednesday on charges of cruelty to children.

Comments (31)

Darby
19417
Darby 09/28/13 - 11:15 am

Not that anyone cares, but I really

like Augusta. I could have lived just about anywhere when I retired from the Army. My wife and I thought Augusta was a good fit. Forty years later, we still do.

It's the local dysfunctional government that stinks and I don't see that changing.

Maybe I'll live long enough to see some improvement. That would be nice.

GnipGnop
GnipGnop 09/28/13 - 01:37 pm

I agree Darby

I also love Augusta...in spite of what a certain poster claims...I only moved for safety reasons...for my kids and also because the school system in ARC stinks unless you are in a magnet school.

Darby
19417
Darby 09/28/13 - 04:07 pm

GnipGnop --

Could not agree more on the schools. My kids graduated before the school system here went belly-up. (They weren't all that great, but more input from caring parents was encouraged and accepted then.)

My grand-brats both made it into magnet schools (C.T. Walker and then Davidson). I think that was the thing that saved both of them. It's possible to get a decent education at some of the other schools in the county, but the obstacles are formidable.

Too many of our schools now have a political/social agenda that impedes a good education and/or preparation to face the world as a responsible adult.

chascushman
chascushman 09/29/13 - 08:22 am

' It's almost as though the

' It's almost as though the kids are being deliberately insulated against responsibility and maturity.'
Darby, they are being indoctrinated by the liberals/progressives running the schools to believe the gov't is the answer. In other words they are being dumb down so they will become a democrat.

Darby
19417
Darby 09/29/13 - 12:00 pm

"In other words they are being dumb down so they will

become a democrat."

Agreed.. Or at least so that they don't have the knowledge or will to resist the race toward socialism.

butterflygina
butterflygina 09/29/13 - 12:43 pm

Two very good situations out

Two very good situations out of this very bad situation. She knew she had went too far and called someone to get her child out of this situation. Second...someone actually listened, and took this child away from the mother, got him help and reported the incident.