Crime & Courts

Richmond Co. | Columbia Co. | Aiken Co. |

Body abandoned by Georgia highway

Tuesday, Sept. 3, 2013 11:52 AM
Last updated 7:54 PM

JASPER, Ga. — One suspect has been jailed and others face possible charges after authorities say a woman’s body was left outside a mobile home in Jasper when friends could not revive her.

Police say 20-year-old Taylor Smith died after an apparent asthma attack she experienced while with friends. Pickens County sheriff’s deputies say the friends dropped her lifeless body off along Robin Lane. Deputies found the body near a trailer just down the road from the county jail.

WSB-TV reports that 38-year-old Marty Gaddis, faces charges that include concealing a death and abandonment of a body. It wasn’t known whether Gaddis has an attorney.

Smith’s mother, Tanya Smith, is a Holly Springs police lieutenant. She said her daughter didn’t deserve “just to be dumped on the side of the road.”

itsanotherday1
itsanotherday1 09/03/13 - 12:22 pm
How could one be so cold? Why

How could one be so cold? Why didn't they call an ambulance, rush her to the nearest ER or something? Even if they had been doing something illicit it is unthinkable to just dump her by the roadside.

corgimom
corgimom 09/03/13 - 12:26 pm
I think there is more to this

I think there is more to this story than what is reported.

Fiat_Lux
Fiat_Lux 09/03/13 - 01:06 pm
You always do, Corgi.

With friends like that, who needs enemies.

rmwhitley
rmwhitley 09/03/13 - 06:55 pm
Pure scum

is always pure scum. No other possible answers.

rebellious
20780
rebellious 09/03/13 - 11:19 pm
Could be

the Georgia Clemson game was on! Just saying...... You know how Bulldog nation can be!

Darby
Darby 09/04/13 - 01:31 am
Since Fiat beat me to the line I was going to

use, I'll just speak to what's been on my mind lately.

Beginning with Trayvon Martin's attack on Zimmerman, to the punk who shot the baby in the face, to the twelve twits who raped those two women in the park, to the "boys" who beat that other kid senseless on the school bus, et al.

....I'm really having a lot of trouble, anthropologically speaking, trying to determine just exactly where we draw the line between humans and animals.

nocnoc
nocnoc 09/04/13 - 07:23 am
Is it a double standard or just differnet expectations?

Over the last few years reading NEWS story and the reader comments I have come to understand it is not exciting NEWS for Blacks to shoot other Blacks.

The Media, the Extremists, the Reverends and the Political Hacks only get excited when OTB's shoot Blacks, not BOB.

The above mentioned parties, by a clear lack of attention, action and lack of words against BOB are inadvertently telling me.

BOB crime as the norm.
BO-OTB & BOB Attacks are the norm.
BOB Shootings are the norm.

I believe they need to review what they consider normal.
Because in a normal society this is called violence and mayhem.

seenitB4
seenitB4 09/04/13 - 07:49 am
The norm to some

The norm has a way of floating over to others...think---sagging pants---rap music---& etc....if it continues as we see in the news everyday....it will make it over to the masses......just like our dear giverment wants & teaches ....

PC has crippled us in sooo many ways.

pantherluvcik
pantherluvcik 09/04/13 - 08:20 am
Somewhat like the double

Somewhat like the double standard for posting on this site. I see racist comments on here all the time and nobody seems to be removing them. PC is not the problem on this site, it's the constant racist rants and stereotypes that are the problem. Quite frankly i'm struggling to see what race has to do with this article?

seenitB4 sagging pants is not a race thing, it's a generation thing. Rap music is just that>>> music. Parents raise children, lyrics don't.

pantherluvcik
pantherluvcik 09/04/13 - 08:24 am
Darby I think you're

Darby I think you're mistaken, did you mean Zimmermans attack on an unarmed teenager?

Willow Bailey
20580
Willow Bailey 09/04/13 - 09:03 am
Very sad...

It isn't our outward that will undo us, it's our inward... the heart.

That's the problem with accepting sin, it just grows and grows with each generation. Likewise, with righteousness.

If your heart isn't grieved by this, you need a checkup.

InChristLove
InChristLove 09/04/13 - 09:50 am
" Rap music is just that>>>

" Rap music is just that>>> music. Parents raise children, lyrics don't."

Problem is, parents aren't raising children, they are raising themselves and they are getting their moral guidance from a bunch of lyrics that mislead them down the wrong path.

Willow Bailey
20580
Willow Bailey 09/04/13 - 10:27 am
I agree ICL. And even when

I agree ICL. And even when parents do their very best to raise their children, they are still being greatly influenced by a godless world view.

Darby
Darby 09/04/13 - 12:28 pm
Panther - You know as well as I do, that

I never mince words. I say what I mean. In this case, a jury of his peers concurred.

Trayvon Martin was a thug whose miscreant behavior and criminal activity finally caught up with him.

He got exactly what he deserved.

If it had happened sooner, a good man like George Zimmerman would have been spared the ordeal that he DID NOT DESERVE.

But you go right on playing Don Quixote. I know you can't help it.

Not with the Reverend Al as your Cervantes.

Vogtle workers see both reactor projects

Some veterans of the nuclear industry were at the site south of Augusta to see the complex network of rebar and concrete rising out of the ground in the 1970s and ’80s. Now, they are back.