Crime & Courts

Richmond Co. | Columbia Co. | Aiken Co. |

Augusta man charged with robbing pizza delivery woman

An Augusta man was arrested Tuesday and charged in the armed robbery of a pizza delivery woman over the weekend.

Jamie Truvone Miller, 21, was charged with armed robbery, kidnapping and possession of a firearm during a crime after Richmond County authorities said he robbed and tied up a Pizza Hut delivery woman with duct tape Sunday as she delivered a pizza to the 300 block of Alene Court, in the Meadow Grove subdivision off Deans Bridge Road.

The 28-year-old woman told investigators a man wearing blue jeans and a blue bandana answered the door pointing a silver handgun at her, according to a Richmond County Sheriff’s Office incident report. She was forced to lie on the floor and her hands and feet were tied.

Miller took $20 from the woman and told her to stay on the floor or she’d be killed, according to the report

Miller then left the house, and the woman managed to escape.

Miller was being held at the Richmond County jail Tuesday night, under a bond of $7,900, according to jail personnel.

corgimom
corgimom 07/17/13 - 06:39 am
He's also being held for

He's also being held for armed robbery and kidnapping, no bond

He's not getting out any time soon.

Thank God that woman wasn't killed. All over $20.

I hope they put him away for a long, long time.

Pops
Pops 07/17/13 - 06:49 am
He answered the door

let her in and tied her up. What an idiot.

chascushman
chascushman 07/17/13 - 08:32 am
"let her in and tied her up.

"let her in and tied her up. What an idiot."
This is what the gov't school are producing. Thank you liberals, democrats and black leaders.

GiantsAllDay
GiantsAllDay 07/17/13 - 08:49 am
The pizza companies should

The pizza companies should allow their drivers to pack heat.

lifelongresident
lifelongresident 07/17/13 - 10:35 am
"i's be not dooo'd dis ya'll

"i's be not dooo'd dis ya'll white folks fo sho...i be inn-ah-sent cause i wah on mah way to da sckuul house to lern mah numba's and letta's cause i aint not fo sho dooo'd dis...hno wat i'm sayin fo sho, caint not fine a job, i needed food cause i be hon-grey and i fo-ghot mah foo stamp card at de house...somebody call obammy cause since he pres-sha-dent i aint not got to pay fo nuthin cause he be black and i be black cause of slavery and racism fo sho....ahhhh dooooo"...there you have it folks his explaination of what happened and how it went down...he's been framed by "da man".

corgimom
corgimom 07/17/13 - 12:47 pm
When you are balancing a big,

When you are balancing a big, awkward, hot pizza box, and the person answering the door has the element of surprise and control, no, a delivery person doesn't stand a chance of using a weapon.

GiantsAllDay
GiantsAllDay 07/17/13 - 12:56 pm
Have 2 people deliver the

Have 2 people deliver the pizza.

Sweet son
Sweet son 07/17/13 - 01:55 pm
@GiantsAllDay

I wouldn't care if the company policy said I couldn't carry a weapon. If I had to do that job I would just carry anyway to protect "myself." If the company found out and fired me it would be OK because I could find another job with a salary equal to what a delivery person makes.

GiantsAllDay
GiantsAllDay 07/17/13 - 02:56 pm
I probably didn't have the

I probably didn't have the best solution in the world. I'm just getting tired of people taking what is not theirs.

nocnoc
nocnoc 07/17/13 - 02:58 pm
corgimom - we agree

thank God that the woman wasn't killed.
An too I hope they put him away for a long time.

Too bad there isn't the alternative of removing his thumbs.
It would be cheaper than the approx. $98 to 128 a day to house this criminal dumb a_ _. Plus he'd never be able to hold a pistol again.

dichotomy
dichotomy 07/17/13 - 03:40 pm
Wait......didn't Truvone used

Wait......didn't Truvone used to be a sweet, innocent 14 year old boy once? That's probably the picture the media would have used if the pizza delivery woman had popped him off.

Riverman1
Riverman1 07/17/13 - 05:25 pm
Pizza delivery businesses

Pizza delivery businesses should redline certain areas.

chascushman
chascushman 07/17/13 - 07:59 pm
"Pizza delivery businesses

"Pizza delivery businesses should redline certain areas."
you saved me the trouble

LillyfromtheMills
LillyfromtheMills 07/17/13 - 09:11 pm
If I was that woman

and having to deliver pizza's - and he tried to overtake me - I think I'd probably be charged with a homicide - I would be so MAD, I fear I'd try to kill him

Darby
Darby 07/18/13 - 10:20 pm
"Have 2 people deliver the pizza."

Well, there goes your company profit!

Like you said, GAD, probably not the best solution.