Crime & Courts

Richmond Co. | Columbia Co. | Aiken Co. |

Two cars burglarized at Eagle Drive home

A burglar stole more than $2,500 worth of valuables from two vehicles in Augusta on Saturday morning.

Map View

Javascript is required to view this map.

Unteiro Robertson told police that someone broke into his 2008 Chrysler Town and Country and a 2005 Chevrolet Tahoe outside of his home in the 2400 block of Eagle Drive between 5:30 a.m. and 9:30 a.m., an incident report said. Both cars were in the driveway.

Robertson said both vehicles were locked and armed with car alarms, but he didn’t hear them go off. Deputies found the Tahoe’s driver’s side window and the Chrys­ler’s passenger side window smashed. Both vehicles appeared to be ransacked, the report said. Robertson told authorities the Tahoe belongs to Joseph Dingle, of Grovetown.

Among the items stolen were two laptops valued at more than $600 each, a $400 Samsung tablet computer, a $200 PlayStation Portable and $400 in cash.

MTBer
MTBer 07/06/13 - 04:15 pm

I am raising the flag here. Laptops, tablets, PS Portable, FOUR HUNDRED DOLLARS in cash? No alarm sounds. Yep, raising the flag here. The BS flag.

TrulyWorried
TrulyWorried 07/06/13 - 04:52 pm
burglarized cars

they are not a very safe place to keep valuables, are they? All those items could have been taken inside the house. Sort of careless I would say or should I consider MTBer's comment??

Dixieman
Dixieman 07/06/13 - 05:04 pm
Uh huh.

I'm with MTBer on this one. BS alert!

WTFH
WTFH 07/06/13 - 08:03 pm
The other issue...it's

The other issue...it's amazing that crime is being reported in the AC that has not happened downtown...wow!

AutumnLeaves
AutumnLeaves 07/06/13 - 08:08 pm
Maybe, but maybe not,

Maybe, but maybe not, Dixieman and MTBer. A nice looking black middle-aged couple came by during the daytime and stole my parents' lawnmower that was hidden under a tarp in my darkened carport while my neighbors scratched their heads, puzzled. I had JUST picked the lawnmower up from my parents' house and brought it to the house to use it for the first time there. I had only been gone an hour and a half to weekday morning service at my church and stopped by a neighborhood meeting, ironically. The couple put the lawnmower in a beat up older model white van, along with some other items I had temporarily stored on the porch to move with the help of my children. I drove up as they were driving off. Later determined they sold my things at the Red Barn Flea Market. Where did this happen? Eagle Drive several years ago. Don't live there anymore. The couple matched the description of the people I had met at the neighborhood meeting at the rec center. I understood then why they didn't introduce themselves.

pgapeach2
pgapeach2 07/06/13 - 08:26 pm
My mom

My mom had her lawnmower stolen by the guy she paid to take care of her lawn. He had no shame because he came back, wanting her to pay him for using her lawnmower to cut the grass. Luckily, I'd carved the house number into the mower, the police made him give it back.

corgimom
corgimom 07/06/13 - 08:37 pm
I'm on MTB'ers side, I

I'm on MTB'ers side, I thought that was BS too.

Why would he have all of that in the car?

corgimom
corgimom 07/06/13 - 08:38 pm
Don't people have common

Don't people have common sense anymore?

agustinian
agustinian 07/07/13 - 05:11 am
Why Stop There?

I say go BIG or go home. He should have included his wife's diamonds, his Rolex watch, and his AR-15. I mean, if you're gonna have a "theft" -- let's do it right!

nocnoc
nocnoc 07/07/13 - 07:27 am
3 weeks ago we had a visitor

but our security lights came on, our driveway alarm went off and he right forward marched into the Neighbor's yard like it was a normal adjustment process to his activity.

There he stayed a little longer because our neighbor does not have security lights and had a broken open garage door.

If anyone wants a copy of my video and/or pictures it is available on request.

I see it 2 ways with 2 laptops, a Samsung tablet computer, a PlayStation Portable and lots of cash. IT WAS FOOLISH or The insurance payout will be nice.

BTW: run down to Harbor Freight and pick up 2 driveway alarms and place them around your vehicles waist/chest high. Place the alarm receivers next to the bed. Cost $32.00 for both with batteries.

Little Lamb
Little Lamb 07/07/13 - 08:37 am
Insurance Fraud

How often do insurance companies pay claims on bogus reports like this?

seenitB4
seenitB4 07/07/13 - 10:00 am
Not so fast here

Have you ever told yourself to go back later & get items from the car?? I have....& then forgot it....have you ever rushed inside the house for whatever reason & got caught up in something else///phone call or whatever....the fact is the items are gone.....just like leaves said on here....it only takes a few moments & boom they are gone with the goods........& yes...the guys breaking in our neighborhood cars didn't look like hoodlums either...

allhans
allhans 07/07/13 - 12:29 pm
Where is Harbor Freight? I

Where is Harbor Freight? I didn't realize we had one locally.

AutumnLeaves
AutumnLeaves 07/07/13 - 03:07 pm
Thank you, seenitB4. I lived

Thank you, seenitB4. I lived on the same block as the alleged victims, for all I know, they moved in our house after we moved; that neighborhood, country club not withstanding, has burglaries and break-ins just like most of the rest of the city-county. Like I said before corgimom put in her cynical vote, maybe it is and maybe it isn't "BS", but good grief, give the alleged victim some benefit of doubt, some people actually DO have to leave things in their car or are called away from their "stuff" in the car for legitimate reasons (like getting children, pets, or groceries safely into the house first) and not able to retrieve material valuables simultaneously by wiggling their noses like the witch in Bewitched. Based on my own experiences in that area and the neighborhood association meetings, burglaries and break-ins do happen there, country club neighborhood or not. Let the law sort it out. Do you want the truth, whatever it is, or do you just want to poison public opinion against the alleged victims because you're in a cranky mood today?

nocnoc
nocnoc 07/07/13 - 04:50 pm
SBIB4 - here is the video link I promised

Prowler caught of Security Camera, and scared off by security lights and driveway alarm.

seenitB4
seenitB4 07/08/13 - 09:21 am
Thanks nocnoc

A picture is worth more than our posting!!

Turkeys get taste of own medicine

I got up and out of my sickbed so I could write this column because it’s time for the annual Turkey of the Year awards, the highlight of the holiday season.