Crime & Courts

Richmond Co. | Columbia Co. | Aiken Co. |

Man shot early Friday

Friday, June 28, 2013 7:46 AM
Last updated 9:55 PM

A man was shot early Friday at Martin Luther King Boulevard and Steiner Avenue.

The victim, who has not been identified, called police about 12:15 a.m. and said he had been shot in the lower leg while walking back from a convenience store. He was taken to Georgia Regents Medical Center.

Further information was not available, according to a statement from the sheriff’s office.

soapy_725
soapy_725 06/28/13 - 07:55 am
soapy_725
soapy_725 06/28/13 - 07:56 am
Build some gov'met free food stores and stop the crime!!!

Build some gov'met free food stores and stop the crime!!!

nocnoc
nocnoc 06/28/13 - 08:49 am
Another Leg Shooting.

What it with leg shootings?
Is this a fad to the ARC area, or do we just have a lot of
idiots downtown that can't shoot.

BTW: I know the intersection Circle K and pass it heading the back way into town to University or MCG .
(Bite me Azzizzzzz It will always be MCG to me, despite you.)

soapy_725
soapy_725 06/28/13 - 08:56 am
Baggie pants, tear tattoo, long pinky finger nail - Prison I.D.

I'm one bad M___________er, creepy cracker. And I mean that in the literal sense.

Red Headed Step Child
Red Headed Step Child 06/28/13 - 09:20 am
If I'm going to get shot, I'd

If I'm going to get shot, I'd rather it be in the leg!

GiantsAllDay
GiantsAllDay 06/28/13 - 10:29 am
RHSC, if the bullet hits your

RHSC, if the bullet hits your femoral artery, you're dead in minutes.

PhiloPublius
PhiloPublius 06/28/13 - 11:01 am
I got my Obama Phone!!!

I wonder if Dr king would be proud of what goes on in these neighborhoods that surround the road named for him?

Somehow I doubt this was part of his Dream.

Red Headed Step Child
Red Headed Step Child 06/28/13 - 01:49 pm
@GAD - true enough. There's

@GAD - true enough. There's really not a "safe" place to get shot - but I'd take my chances with a leg over the head or chest any day. Of course, I try not to place myself in dangerous situations (like walking to a convenience store at midnight) so hopefully I won't have to test my preference!

corgimom
corgimom 06/28/13 - 06:35 pm
It's because the shooters are

It's because the shooters are lousy shots. It's a lot harder to shoot someone than people think, they think it's like what you see on tv and in the movies

KSL
KSL 06/29/13 - 02:25 am
corgi

it isn't if you practice.
Looking forward to practicing today.

nocnoc
nocnoc 06/29/13 - 07:38 am
corgi - I agree the 1st time is a hurdle.

But after the 2nd, 3rd and 4th + times it will get easier. ☺

Many black colleges struggling

Although Paine has struggled with its own failures over the past several years, HBCUs across the nation are dealing with some of the same troubles that are threatening their missions and existence.