Cigarette blamed in Beech Island fire

Friday, June 21, 2013 12:44 PM
Last updated 9:06 PM
  • Follow Crime & courts

The Aiken County Sheriff’s Office has determined that a Beech Island fire that injured a 68-year-old woman Thursday resulted from the careless disregard of a cigarette in a bedroom.

The sheriff’s office conducted an investigation into the fire’s origin at the request of the fire department, according to a news release.

Firefighters were called to a mobile home in the 300 block of Indian Mound Drive about 5:45 p.m.

Theresa Bonner and five dogs were rescued from the residence. Bonner was taken to Doctors Hospital with second- and third-degree burns to 60 percent of her body. She remains in critical condition.

Comments (1) Add comment
ADVISORY: Users are solely responsible for opinions they post here and for following agreed-upon rules of civility. Posts and comments do not reflect the views of this site. Posts and comments are automatically checked for inappropriate language, but readers might find some comments offensive or inaccurate. If you believe a comment violates our rules, click the "Flag as offensive" link below the comment.
corgimom
38313
Points
corgimom 06/22/13 - 05:01 pm
0
0
While I hope she recovers,

While I hope she recovers, given her age and burn ratio, she will face a tough fight. My prayers for her healing, in whatever way God sees fit to heal her.

And God bless those people that work in the burn unit, they are truly special people.

Back to Top

Search Augusta jobs