Crime & Courts

Richmond Co. | Columbia Co. | Aiken Co. |

Hephzibah man shot in torso by his fiancee, police say

A Hephzibah man was shot in the torso Wednesday by his fiancee, authorities said.

Map View

Javascript is required to view this map.

Steven Ouzts, 51, was airlifted to Georgia Regents Medical Center, where he was in critical condition after being shot by Amanda Neeley, according to Richmond County sheriff’s Sgt. Shane McDaniel.

The shooting occurred shortly after 3 p.m. in the 4400 block of Forest Road in Hephzibah.

Neeley, 29, of the 1300 block of Hephzibah-McBean Road, was arrested at the scene. She was being held in the Richmond County jail on charges of aggravated assault and possession of a firearm during the commission of a crime under the Family Violence Act.

Dixieman
Dixieman 06/12/13 - 09:06 pm
So...

...is the wedding still on?
At first I thought this was some new reality TV show.
(Hope the guy recovers).

nocnoc
nocnoc 06/13/13 - 09:23 am
Actually know the guy having

Note: Updated only to remove a cashiers name

Actually know the guy having bumped into him a few times at Pine Hill Grocery buying my Lottery Tickets.

Openly friendly and a well liked guy with a long pony tail, with one heck of big Chest tattoo of a Eagle.

One the store cashiers at Pine Hill was very upset after another customer walked in and inform us of the shooting around 4:30pm.

The victim was just in the store about 45 minutes prior, according to the other cashier they just rang up his purchases and had chatted.

We were told at the time he was deceased, but the article says he is critical, so we are hoping we got bad info and he pulls through.

BTW: The female shooter was generally described as a personality problem type person.

faithson
faithson 06/12/13 - 10:19 pm
dichotomy
dichotomy 06/12/13 - 10:37 pm
Umm, the neighbors are

Umm, the neighbors are restless. Hope this guy makes it okay.

Maybe it's the heat. My AC went out today and things were getting pretty irritable around here until the repairman showed up and got us going again about 5 PM. No shootings but we were spitting and hissing at each other.

KSL
KSL 06/12/13 - 11:29 pm
LOL, just loaded up a

LOL, just loaded up a portable AC unit for good friends who have been and are going to be without AC for several more days.

KSL
KSL 06/12/13 - 11:32 pm
51 and 29 struck me when I

51 and 29 struck me when I first read the article.

RoadkiII
RoadkiII 06/13/13 - 04:11 am
Why isn't she being charged

Why isn't she being charged with attempted murder?

Bodhisattva
Bodhisattva 06/13/13 - 05:34 am
Didn't try to kill him? Maybe

Didn't try to kill him? Maybe just aimed low and was a bad shot.

csrareader
csrareader 06/13/13 - 06:53 am
Check the Georgia Sex

Check the Georgia Sex Offender Registry web site.

seenitB4
seenitB4 06/13/13 - 07:36 am
Heat

Heat can make ya crazy...thanks dichotomy for the laugh....sorry about this guy & I hope he recovers.......btw nocnoc...my mom was raised at Pine Hill.....many many years ago......in the 30s....depression years were tough on the folks at that time..
When I think of some of the troubles that folks had during those years....the kids today just don't have a clue what doing without really means...not a clue.

corgimom
corgimom 06/13/13 - 07:55 am
He was convicted of 3 counts

He was convicted of 3 counts of incest with a minor and served nearly 10 years. "Openly friendly and well-liked". Ugh.

Seems like he had personality problems too.

nocnoc
nocnoc 06/13/13 - 08:05 am
csrareader - Thanks I missed that one?

I only saw a simple assault charge when I pulled a basic BkGrd record yesterday.

There may be a lot more to this story.

I see his offense happened when he live in the 1300 Block of H/M rd. I also see the shooter lives (lived) on the same block now?

Now I have to wonder at this point, if there is any collation between that event and this event and the addresses?

Sometimes you never know whats behind a persons persona.

saywhatagain
saywhatagain 06/13/13 - 08:47 am
Shot in the torso?

Is that the same thing as being shot in the fracas?

KSL
KSL 06/13/13 - 10:27 am
LOL

Just above the fracas.

Fiat_Lux
Fiat_Lux 06/13/13 - 10:27 am
One thing is for sure...

If you live like a savage beast, you'll probably meet your end that way as well.

Sweet son
Sweet son 06/13/13 - 12:56 pm
saywhatagain and KSL love your comments!

Made me chuckle and smile! Thanks!

KSL
KSL 06/13/13 - 02:03 pm
Yep, an old courtroom joke I

Yep, an old courtroom joke I heard over 40 years ago.

Darby
Darby 06/14/13 - 11:27 am
"51 and 29 struck me when I first

read the article."

That was what first struck me as well KSL. Maybe the gal has "Daddy" issues.