Crime & Courts

Richmond Co. | Columbia Co. | Aiken Co. |

Evans man arrested in bank robbery attempt

Monday, June 3, 2013 4:44 PM
Last updated 8:31 PM

An Evans man was nabbed in the parking lot after what police say was an attempted bank robbery Monday afternoon.

Map View

Javascript is required to view this map.

Ronald Pak, 47, of the 4200 block of Aerie Circle, was arrested as he was leaving the Wells Fargo Bank at 489 Furys Ferry Road in Martinez, said Columbia County Sheriff’s Capt. Steve Morris.

Deputies responded to an alarm at the bank shortly after 2 p.m. when Morris said Pak approached a teller, said he had a gun and demanded cash.

Pak didn’t show a weapon and left without receiving any money, and was apprehended while leaving the bank parking lot, Morris said.

Charges against Pak are pending, Morris said.

Dixieman
Dixieman 06/03/13 - 04:48 pm
Whoa

I think -- not sure, but I think -- this guy is a lawyer. If it is the same guy, he is a troubled soul who has been reported to have mental problems in the past.

GiantsAllDay
GiantsAllDay 06/03/13 - 04:55 pm
Dixieman, name one lawyer who

Dixieman, name one lawyer who isn't a troubled soul.

Riverman1
Riverman1 06/03/13 - 04:56 pm
Dixieman, yeah, that's him.

Dixieman, yeah, that's him. He's been hospitalized several times for severe mental illness. I always wondered how he managed to keep his license. What a shame.

Dixieman
Dixieman 06/03/13 - 06:33 pm
GiantsAllDay
GiantsAllDay 06/03/13 - 09:05 pm
Dixieman; I believe you.

Dixieman;
I believe you.

Gage Creed
Gage Creed 06/03/13 - 09:29 pm
A barrister friend of mine

A barrister friend of mine tells the best lawyer joke, with the best lawyer poker face ever. Something about the difference between a lawyer and a catfish…

KSL
KSL 06/03/13 - 11:40 pm
Yep

One is a fish.

KSL
KSL 06/03/13 - 11:43 pm
Dixieman, I figured out years

Dixieman, I figured out years ago you were a lawyer. I bet you are a durned good one.

GiantsAllDay
GiantsAllDay 06/04/13 - 12:19 am
Dixieman, I kid about lawyers

Dixieman, I kid about lawyers but it's good natured (usually). At the end of the day, it's nice to have one around when you need them. Oh yeah, the difference between a lawyer and a sperm cell? A sperm cell has a one in a million chance of becoming a human being.
(-:

Dixieman
Dixieman 06/04/13 - 04:35 am
I always say...

...to get into law school you have to take a personality test. If the test shows you have one, you are denied admission!

palmetto1008
palmetto1008 06/04/13 - 08:07 am
Funny, Dixieman. But

Funny, Dixieman. But actually it does make sense if one is going into practice and be good at it.

Darby
Darby 06/04/13 - 10:45 pm
Is it true that sharks refuse

to eat lawyers out of professional courtesy??