Crime & Courts

Richmond Co. | Columbia Co. | Aiken Co. |

2 sought in package store holdup

Monday, May 13, 2013 9:59 AM
Last updated 6:52 PM

Police are searching for two people who robbed a Windsor Spring Road package shop on Friday.

Map View

Javascript is required to view this map.

According to police, two black men in hooded sweatshirts entered Windsor Package Shop, 4108 Windsor Spring Road, around 3 p.m. and demanded the owner get on the floor while they took an undisclosed amount of cash.

Witnesses saw them leave in a green Ford Explorer or Mercury Mountaineer.

Anyone with information is asked to contact the Richmond County Sheriff’s Office at (706) 821-1020 or (706) 821-1080.

nocnoc
nocnoc 05/13/13 - 02:26 pm
Nickel to a dollar

Suspects will be found within 2.5 miles of the location as the crow flies

just an opinion
just an opinion 05/13/13 - 02:30 pm
Cameras, cameras, cameras

It's the only way we are going to deter them. And kudos to the Augusta Chronicle for continuing to post the wanted criminals.

lifelongresident
lifelongresident 05/13/13 - 03:52 pm
i guess "dey did not git dey

i guess "dey did not git dey welfare and obammy money" yet

itsanotherday1
itsanotherday1 05/13/13 - 04:24 pm
I know I will draw fire from

I know I will draw fire from those who either dislike or have been victimized by prejudice/profiling; but the base descriptions of these two cats fit perps in crime after crime after crime.

Sorry to hurt your feeling if you are a black male wearing a hoodie; but I will feel safer keeping my distance from you just based on the crime stats.

Pops
Pops 05/13/13 - 04:38 pm
These two

should get the Nobel Peace Prize for not beating the victim to a pulp AFTER taking the money. How nice of them.

itsanotherday1
itsanotherday1 05/13/13 - 05:35 pm
Absurd?

Not really palmetto. We all make decisions every day based what we learn from inputs we see and hear in our lives. I'm telling you the honest truth; if crimes were being committed primarily by (now this is absurd) good 'ol boys in Chevrolet pickup trucks, I would be very cautious when they pulled up to my store. People in hoodies outside of nasty weather already raise my suspicions because their behavior suggests they want to hide their faces. WHY?

The physical appearance is the only clue you have to go on when assessing your safety around others, and no, it isn't fair; but my safety is more imporatnt than your feelings.

When I was running the bars in my hell days, there were certain ones I would not show my face in. Why? Because they were over populated by rough WHITE characters who would break a cue stick over your head for looking at them the wrong way. You just don't take chances with an identifiable culture of people whom others similar to them have been tagged as dangerous. That is just dumb. I may get mugged and beaten by the preppie looking youth one day, but I will take the odds it would more likely be one looking thuggish.

Let me add. I've played league billiards in the area off and on for 25 years. During that time we've developed some good friendships with teams that are primarily African American. I don't recall a one of those guys dressing or behaving in a way that would give me pause if I met them on the street. Stand up, responsible people all, that probably would not be caught dead wearing a hoodie in warm weather.

seenitB4
seenitB4 05/13/13 - 06:10 pm
I agree with ya anotherday

and some good ole boys can be trouble too.....usually they really know how to use the guns-rifles-shotguns..a country boy can survive.

seenitB4
seenitB4 05/13/13 - 06:12 pm
reward on this

I think it would bring them in....the pic is pretty good.

palmetto1008
palmetto1008 05/13/13 - 06:46 pm
Yep, go for it anotherday.

Yep, go for it anotherday. You got the mantra down, "I'm not racist, but . . . ." I'm sure you filled in the blanks many of time.

nocnoc
nocnoc 05/13/13 - 07:32 pm
My eyes must be having a problem

Is RCSO sure this is the right picture?

After the Trayvon Martin shooting, where that innocent young teen was attacked by that nasty Neighborhood Watch mostly white Racist, everybody knows only nice people wear Hoodies.

Just to make sure everybody knows, Look up the word sarcasm.

oldfella
oldfella 05/13/13 - 08:50 pm
Just a quick camera question:

I'm a simple man, with simple ideas. I'm not a "high tech" kind of guy.
But why don't stores/banks mount security cameras lower so that they get a better (straightforward) angle of the suspect's face? Most cameras are capturing a downward angle, thus a hoodie or a hat casts a shadow across their face. We can put a man on the moon but we can't mount cameras for a more accurate picture? Please explain this logic to me.

KSL
KSL 05/13/13 - 09:18 pm
If we can have laws

If we can have laws preventing law abiding citizens with cc permits in stores, why can't we prevent hoodies from being worn inside stores?

palmetto1008
palmetto1008 05/13/13 - 09:21 pm
ok, nocnoc, you are just as

ok, nocnoc, you are just as naïve as itsanother...generalizations from some sort of personal experiences, I assume (?)
Come to work with me for one day...and see 1000s of young people....along with 100s and 100s and 100s of hoodies, maybe 1000s on talented young people...some athletically, some artistically, some musically, and theatrically, but all academically talented...Some are white, some are black, some are yellow and some have orange hair.
Hell, I'm an old guy and sitting outside right now with a hoodie on.

KSL
KSL 05/13/13 - 09:25 pm
How about Rolling Thunder

How about Rolling Thunder focusing on people wearing hoodies when it is 68 degrees outside?

KSL
KSL 05/13/13 - 09:28 pm
Pal

What on earth do you do?

palmetto1008
palmetto1008 05/13/13 - 09:38 pm
KSL..I invite you to come to

KSL..I invite you to come to work with me one day and see for yourself. I'll buy lunch.
By the way, is it 68 outside? I might have to take my hoodie off to avoid the thunder...but, then, I'm not on the road.

itsanotherday1
itsanotherday1 05/14/13 - 12:03 am
I'm not racist, but.

Didn't take you long to throw that card on the table did it? It has jack to do with race, but you look through those blinders if you wish. It has everything to do with statistical facts; look up FBI stats if you don't believe me.

Let me ask you this. You are going down the road and decide to stop for the night. You walk out of the hotel to go get a sandwich and a beer, and right across the street is a pub with a parking lot full of stereotypical "bikers" coming and going, all wearing traditional club colors, etc. Do you walk over there and have a beer or do you get in your car and look for an Applebees? I don't know about you, but I look for an Applebees. Everyone of those mean old bikers might be big teddy bears, but I don't care to find out. If it looks like a duck and walks like a duck, I will assume it is a duck. If that offends, then too bad.

Casting_Fool
Casting_Fool 05/14/13 - 12:55 am
What's wrong with wearing a

What's wrong with wearing a hoodie with the hood DOWN? I wear mine like that and the only time the hood goes up is if it's raining or high winds. And if I enter a place of business, it goes right back down.

If you're not a thug, don't go around with your hood up. Yes, that's prejudice against people who go around with the hood covering their head and face. Don't care. Only idiots insist on clothing or a way of dressing that gives people the impression that you're up to no good.

palmetto1008
palmetto1008 05/14/13 - 06:33 am
I don't have to look up FBI

I don't have to look up FBI data, itsanotherday. I'm very familiar with the UCR. And, what it reveals that, in any given year in the U.S., 99.85 percent of white males and 99.75 percent of black males are NOT arrested. It says nothing about hoodies.

nocnoc
nocnoc 05/14/13 - 07:02 am
palmetto1008 - Comment was to point out the

absurdity that Hoodies are "just" a fashion.

Way too many criminals are using the Hoodies as facial cover.
Doubt this remark start checking the Crime photos taken from videos. Google, Yahoo, or Bing the phrase “suspect in a hoodie”

The Thug look, Gang Banger style, or bad boy look, as it is called by many, is being mimicked by generations from 8 to 48. WHY? Is because so many want to portray "look at me, I am Big, I am Bad".... bahabahabah

So if a group of people think it is cool to go THUG, then why do they whine when they get the reaction from people they are a THUG, and are treated as such? Isn't that what they were after, when they purchase certain clothing, and wear it in certain ways to project the persona of a THUG?

Paraphrasing an old saying
If a person walks like THUG, acts like a THUG, talks like a THUG, how long before people call him a THUG?

It has been this way in all societies for 1000's of year, and racism has nothing to do with it.

itsanotherday1
itsanotherday1 05/14/13 - 09:21 am
Casting fool- hood down is

Casting fool- hood down is fine; heck I own a couple of garments with hoods. It is when it is used to disguise and hide that I have issue.

nonnoc sums it up pretty well.

Humble Angela
Humble Angela 05/14/13 - 09:49 am
I was raise that a man should

I was raise that a man should remove any head covering when he enters a building. It amazes me the number of people with hats/hoodies on inside, and especially while eating. What happened to etiquette?

nocnoc
nocnoc 05/14/13 - 10:29 am
What happened to etiquette?

This in itself would make a great editorial.

My stab at it.
Schools quit teaching manners and etiquette to avoid PC issues.
After all, we can't have people learning to be part of society.

BTW: I have small collection of hats, I took from my son every time he was caught wearing a hat indoors and at the Dinner table.
Some cost a pretty penny.

Red Headed Step Child
Red Headed Step Child 05/14/13 - 10:51 am
Etiquette is apparently

Etiquette is apparently antiquated. My son got blessed out by a teacher for saying "yes, sir" in response to a question he was asked!! I can understand if a "young adult" prefers a more casual interaction - but I've always taught my children to use the formal until you are invited to be informal. Berating someone for following that simple social guideline is another indicator of where we are heading as a society.. It boggles my mind that simple manners aren't expected or appreciated...

Darby
Darby 05/18/13 - 01:01 am
"what it reveals that, in any given year in the

U.S., 99.85 percent of white males and 99.75 percent of black males are NOT arrested."

What you conveniently overlooked (ignored) was the number of violent crimes committed as a percentage of the total, and attributed to a given race.

This nation has a serious problem and you want to play the compassionate liberal while shading the truth behind comments about "hoodies" and manipulated statistics.

And I'm knowing you don't really want to go there, do you????