Crime & Courts

Richmond Co. | Columbia Co. | Aiken Co. |

Bond denied for man accused of running over woman with a tow truck

Friday, May 10, 2013 1:16 PM
Last updated 6:47 PM

Bond was denied Friday for a man accused of running over a woman with a tow truck.

Larry Bussey  SPECIAL
SPECIAL
Larry Bussey

Larry Bussey, 40, faces charges of aggravated assault and theft in an April 10 incident involving an employee of Hide and Seek Towing Co.

The employee told Richmond County sheriff’s investigators that she noticed a company truck being stolen, Assistant District Attorney Garon Muller said. When the woman confronted the driver, he sped off while she was hanging from the side window, Muller said. The woman shot the driver to try to make him stop, and she was thrown from the side of the vehicle and run over, breaking both of her knee caps.

Bussey was wounded and only recently regained consciousness. Bussey, who lost a lung and his vocal cords as a result of the gunshot, has other theft convictions.

Fiat_Lux
Fiat_Lux 05/10/13 - 12:27 pm
This is rich.

I hope the victim is totally recovered. She deserves a medal for disabling this loser.

I imagine his prison experiences will happen with nothing more than silent protest from him. He can blame himself for being such a moron.

rmwhitley
rmwhitley 05/10/13 - 04:25 pm
Good girls 1 -

punk speechless. Priceless.

glenerd@comcast.net
glenerd@comcast.net 05/11/13 - 06:54 am
Taxpayers are losers here

As a result of this well-meaning vigilante's action Mr. Bussey will be a ward of the state for the rest of his life, either as an inmate or on disability. The woman who decided theft of a truck was a capital offense and used lethal force faces a lengthy recovery period which will be paid for by public, either government or private insurance. A 911 call about a vehicle theft would have been the right way to handle this.

Red Headed Step Child
Red Headed Step Child 05/11/13 - 09:10 am
I gotta say - while I have to

I gotta say - while I have to give her points for trying to stand up to him and keep him from getting away, I don't know if I'd risk my life for a truck. Putting yourself in harm's way protecting another person, yeah - but material things just aren't worth dying over.

sugarbutton
sugarbutton 05/11/13 - 09:08 pm
Wish I'd had my pistol

Wish I'd had my pistol at 4 in the morning when I heard the dog barking and the whole yard was being lit up....and my SUV was getting hooked up. I asked if I could get my car seat and my mother's medical papers and one of the 4 rednecks said, "sure go ahead". As I reached the door handle another one drove off and I couldn't get loose and he dragged me across my front yard and finally I was yanked hard enough I fell face first. Then the psycho woman that was with them picked up my glasses before she left and took them. They dragged it backwards and messed up the transmission so I refused to take it back. This is what our world is coming to. I'd not have touched the car if they'd said no....my life is more important than that for sure. But, I just went and bought another car....and left them a few prizes when I went to retrieve my stuff. And it was pretty warm in that car all closed up.

Mayor's race historic, controversial

Hardie Davis is still waiting to take office after winning a mayoral race that featured no white candidates and saw one of his opponents drop out the day before the election.