Augusta man arrested in Gordon Highway gas station robbery

Thursday, April 25, 2013 12:49 PM
Last updated 8:16 PM

An Augusta man has been arrested in a Gordon Highway gas station robbery Wednesday evening.

Thaddeus Toreze Brown  SPECIAL
SPECIAL
Thaddeus Toreze Brown

Map View

Javascript is required to view this map.

Thaddeus Toreze Brown, 22, of the 2900 block of Meadowbrook Drive, was arrested Thursday in the robbery of the AM/PM store at 1898 Gordon Highway. He is charged with one count each of possession of a firearm during the commission of a crime and possession of a firearm by a First Offender Probationer.

According to a news release, a man in a black ski mask entered the store about 9:40 p.m. Wednesday with a handgun and demanded money.

The man ran away with an undisclosed amount of cash.

Brown was booked into Richmond County jail on Thursday evening. The Richmond County Sheriff’s Office said in a release that a “concerned citizen” provided information that led to Brown’s arrest.

dichotomy
dichotomy 04/25/13 - 12:59 pm
Well, here's another one that

Well, here's another one that needs to be put down by an armed clerk....or the law if they catch him in the act.

nocnoc
nocnoc 04/25/13 - 02:31 pm
Have been noticing

KMART on Gordon Hwy. sells Ski Masks all year round.
There are usually 8 or 12 on the hook in the Men section every time I shop there.

An all this time, I thought it was a seasonal item.
It must be selling pretty good to keep winter clothing on the shelf in spring and summer☺☻

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 04/25/13 - 08:32 pm
“concerned citizen” provided information that led to Brown’s arr

Glad to see some citizens are starting to wake up.

Patty-P
Patty-P 04/25/13 - 09:22 pm
I'm just waiting to see how

I'm just waiting to see how quickly he will be out on the streets again.

my.voice
my.voice 04/26/13 - 12:05 am
I hate to see young men and

I hate to see young men and women start off adulthood in this fashion. Nobody wins, everyone loses. Somewhere, a mama is crying.

Adam Bomb
Adam Bomb 04/26/13 - 06:54 am
Concerned citizen!

Now that is exactly what we need more of. Some people seem to think they can walk into a business and steal whatever they want. Why work? Hang around the house until the food runs out then go out and rob somebody.

nocnoc
nocnoc 04/26/13 - 07:01 am
Every one remember

Every one remember Meadowbrook Drive from the 1970- to the mid1990's?

Before it became a Section 8 campground, after the original
"Save the A" project failure
called Consolidation?

Darby
Darby 04/26/13 - 03:27 pm
"I'm just waiting to see how quickly

he will be out on the streets again."

Don't know, but with his probationer status I'd expect that he'd be put a way for a while.

Look at that face. I'd not like to run into that countenance in a dark alley unless I already had my weapon in my hand.

Patty-P
Patty-P 04/26/13 - 08:16 pm
Darby...

One being on probation and committing crimes over and over doesn't land one in jail. Take a look at the cases coming in and out of court in Augusta and you will see. You can rob, assault, stalk, do all kinds of things and nothing will happen. They are serious about keeping offenders OUT of jail these days.

Setback for health care law

WASHINGTON - A federal appeals court has delivered a serious setback to President Barack Obama's health care law, potentially derailing subsidies for many low- and middle-income people who have ...