Crime & Courts

Richmond Co. | Columbia Co. | Aiken Co. |

2 men hold up Bi-Lo

Tuesday, April 16, 2013 7:35 PM
Last updated 8:10 PM

Police are searching for two men involved in the robbery of Bi-Lo on Tuesday morning on Peach Orchard Road.

Map View

Javascript is required to view this map.

According to Richmond County sheriff’s Sgt. Michael McDaniel, a black man and a white man entered the store at 3457 Peach Orchard Road about 9:50 a.m.

The white man distracted the manager while the black man gave a note demanding money to a clerk at the customer service desk.

The men fled with the cash in a black four-door Honda.

Just My Opinion
Just My Opinion 04/17/13 - 04:49 am
Well, on the good side, this

Well, on the good side, this shows that blacks and whites CAN work together!
Hope they find them and throught the book at them.

seenitB4
seenitB4 04/17/13 - 05:48 am
Attention South Augusta

When this crap ends then you will get more grocery stores & you won't be in a food swamp....

BUT...if it continues you could lose even more stores...can you HEAR me..

nocnoc
nocnoc 04/17/13 - 07:45 am
How about some

Pictures?

The store is loaded with cameras.

dichotomy
dichotomy 04/17/13 - 07:50 am
We hear you seenit........my

We hear you seenit........my slogan "Everything is cheaper in North Augusta" will soon be "The nearest stores are in North Augusta".

But with all of the cops in one area of town and the "city" redevelopment policies exporting the problems out this way, ain't much we can do but hunker down and bunker up. I've cleared a quarter mile free fire zone from the house to the road and anyone coming up the driveway better have been invited or be driving a big brown truck with the letters UPS on the side.

Riverman1
Riverman1 04/17/13 - 07:52 am
Just My Opinion, I Dunno

Just My Opinion, I dunno...They probably argued about who was in charge as they divided the money.

Adam Bomb
Adam Bomb 04/17/13 - 07:53 am
What is your point?

seenitB4 are you threatening south Augusta Businesses? If I read what it looks like you're hinting, we can expect more robberies and mayhem. First thing, there never is a justification to steal other people's property. The fact you didn't pull a gun is good but sooner or later someone will get hurt. Get a job or apply for assistance. Don't steal from those that attempt to serve the community. People like you won't be satisfied until all the grocery stores are on Washington road and South Augusta is once again a vast wasteland.
If this isn't what you meant please clarify. Thank you

seenitB4
seenitB4 04/17/13 - 08:06 am
OOOhh pleaseee

Don't put words in my mouth adambomb...geez...posts like that make me wanta stop trying sometimes..
Most folks on here KNOW exactly what I mean...I was born & raised in south Augusta...near Fleming school....went there for 7 grades btw....I want South Augusta to prosper & always will...crime will run any business away...not just a grocery store....but threaten a business?????
Geez.....get real---get a life--I doubt I will post to you again,....but I see you like to poke me...

seenitB4
seenitB4 04/17/13 - 08:11 am
adambomb posted this on 3-19-13

Windsor Spring being widened?

about windsor spring rd work

Again? It hasn't been all that long since they added two lanes and totally messed up the alignment of Windsor Spring road from Meadowbrook to Tobacco Rd.

Now let me ask YOU...are you trying to run business away from Windsor Spring RD??? See how easily folks can get it wrong?

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 04/17/13 - 08:46 am
Adam Bomb

You sure don't know B4 very well, because if you did you would know there isn't nothing more than her desire to see South Augusta become a pleasent place to live as she once knew it.
She is only stating facts, knowing if those facts continue to thrive, SA will become a vast wasteland.

seenitB4
seenitB4 04/17/13 - 08:17 am

You are 100% right...I still love my home place....

But I'm really tired this am.... think the deaths--injuries in Boston have done a number on me....such a waste of life.....great people gone & for what.....don't think I even want to argue with anyone this am....seeyall.

SPARKSTER83
SPARKSTER83 04/17/13 - 08:29 am
Cant we all just get along??

Cant we all just get along??

BamaMan
BamaMan 04/17/13 - 09:04 am
South Augusta

I grew up there too, lived there until kids began to start school and moved to Columbia County. It used to be middle class, a good place to raise a family. It's too bad, but today it's not, for the most part. There are still some good places to live I'm sure, but it's encroaching further. I wish it would get back to how it was when I grew up there too. But don't think it's in the cards.

Little Lamb
Little Lamb 04/17/13 - 10:04 am
Dye Packs

I guess it's more intelligent to rob a grocery store than a bank, since grocery stores don't use those exploding dye packs.

allhans
allhans 04/17/13 - 10:07 am
I doubt that those causing

I doubt that those causing the problem is reading the newspaper...
they won't hear you even so. They probably laugh...

InChristLove
InChristLove 04/17/13 - 10:07 am
I for one am not ready to

I for one am not ready to give up on South Augusta. Yes BamaMan, there are still areas that remain a good places to live and I have to agree with CG....evidently Adam Bomb has no clue who SeenitB4 is. He is totally way off base and at least I got a good laugh today reading his comment.

Fiat_Lux
Fiat_Lux 04/17/13 - 11:53 am
More than not knowing B4, Atom

didn't even comprehend the comment that was made. Anyone would read Seenit's comment and understood it to be a call to South Augustans not to tolerate the kind of criminal behavior that happened at BiLo.

And it largely has become a food desert. Four major grocery stores have closed in the area where I used to live, not that far from where Seenit grew up. I most missed the Pig that was on Dean's Bridge at Wheeless Road. Most of my friends who still live there, and there are lots of them, now drive to West Augusta and North Augusta to shop. I pity those who don't have cars because the bus service won't help.

Fiat_Lux
Fiat_Lux 04/17/13 - 11:55 am
I'm not giving up on SA either.

In fact, I'd like to move back. My family, on the other hand, would refuse to accompany me, so, I guess that's out.

countyman
19731
countyman 04/17/13 - 12:26 pm
South Augusta moving forward

The renovation of the Bi-lo in the article, the one off Tobacco rd, and on Gordon Hwy show the area is moving in the right direction.

The Five Guys, Walgreens/3 acre development, Hampton Inn hotel(Marriott) are other examples of progress.

The Walmart on Deans Bridge will soon be renovated, and I'm expecting for Kroger to bring their Deans bridge road store finally up to par(i.e Wrightsboro and Washington).

Fiatlux... I could understand people driving to West Augusta, because of the Publix, Fresh Market, Sams, and Costco. The Aldi in Martinez is also located nearby.

Why do your friends drive all the way to North Augusta to shop? There's more grocery stores located in South Augusta compared to North Augusta, and the only real difference is the Publix.

North Augusta may have Publix, but South Augusta more than likely will have Target first.

Red Headed Step Child
Red Headed Step Child 04/17/13 - 12:32 pm
Ebony and Ivory...

rob together in perfect harmony...side by side in a four door Honda accord, watch them flee!

Come on, sing it with me!

Just trying to add a little levity to the day...

Little Lamb
Little Lamb 04/17/13 - 12:54 pm
Tax

Countyman asked:

Why do your friends drive all the way to North Augusta to shop?

It's because of Georgia's high sales taxes.

Fiat_Lux
Fiat_Lux 04/17/13 - 01:20 pm
Give the prize to LL!

Also, some of those friends work in SC and stop on their way home.

And, besides, everyone knows how pleasant it is to drive up Gordon Highway-- ie, the gateway to Augusta-- to get to North Augusta.

Riverman1
Riverman1 04/17/13 - 04:28 pm
Countyman said, "I'm

Countyman said, "I'm expecting for Kroger to bring their Deans bridge road store finally up to par(i.e Wrightsboro and Washington)."

Any evidence of that or are you just guessing (not that is necessarily a bad thing)?

Fiat_Lux
Fiat_Lux 04/18/13 - 11:04 am
I'm not sure up to par is what we want

That particular Kroger has always had specialty items for the local population that weren't able to be found elsewhere in this area.