Crime & Courts

Richmond Co. | Columbia Co. | Aiken Co. |

Barber charged with firing at customer

Monday, April 15, 2013 12:32 PM
Last updated 7:03 PM

An Augusta barber has been charged after shooting at a potential customer who he believed to be a threat on Saturday.

Map View

Javascript is required to view this map.

Police were called to Takeover Barber Shop, 2510 Peach Orchard Road, around 7:35 p.m. after Kwame Demond Bryant, 35, of Yates Drive, fired one shot in the parking lot.

According to an incident report, the victim, Kevin Jamaree Roberson, 18, entered the barber shop and asked for a haircut. Roberson told police Bryant told him shop was closed before pulling a .40-caliber handgun, chasing Roberson from the store and firing one shot in his direction that struck a parked vehicle.

Bryant told police Roberson was grabbing at his waistline as if he was reaching for a gun and asked for money before the shooting occurred. Roberson did not display a weapon.

Bryant has been charged with reckless conduct.

my.voice
my.voice 04/15/13 - 01:59 pm
Just a little off the top

Just a little off the top Mac.

ringmel1968
ringmel1968 04/15/13 - 06:37 pm
Far from Correct!

I watched this happen from the beginning to the end and this article is SO WRONG!
Augusta Chronicle, Get the facts before you print something.

Darby
Darby 04/15/13 - 06:54 pm
"Far from Correct!"

And that's it?? You were an eyewitness and ??????????????????

Why bother to even post???

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 04/15/13 - 06:59 pm
"Far from Correct!"

OK, lets hear your side of the incident!
If no comment, I will assume you are just trying to look important.

jmo
jmo 04/15/13 - 08:49 pm
This one........

doesn't pass the "smell" test.

Dixieman
Dixieman 04/15/13 - 09:37 pm
1,234,997 POINTS

Well, that was a close shave.

JRC2024
JRC2024 04/16/13 - 08:25 am
So what happened ringmel1968?

So what happened ringmel1968? It sounds a little over the top for a barber to carry a gun in his shop and much less shoot it in the parking lot.

InChristLove
InChristLove 04/16/13 - 09:36 am
Why does it sound over the

Why does it sound over the top for a barber to have a gun in his business. Sad to say, but this is the Peach Orchard Rd. area and NOT having a gun seems over to the top to me.

As for shooting in the parking lot.....it seems he was shooting at someone he thought was trying to rob him (according to the article).

lifelongresident
lifelongresident 04/16/13 - 09:49 am
lets see young male walks in

lets see young male walks in shop at closing time and asked for a hair cut...i am sure operating hours are posted on the door but "ole jamaree" walks in anyway...sounds like an attempted robbery in the making to me...the shop keeper did exactly like he was supposed to do to protect his property..too bad he missed, it would have been one less roach ultimately will wind up in the prison system

Humble Angela
Humble Angela 04/16/13 - 10:52 am
My best friend is a

My best friend is a cosmologist, and she ALWAYS has a gun at work. That is nothing more than responsible preparedness.

Humble Angela
Humble Angela 04/16/13 - 10:52 am
So, mr eye witness...what

So, mr eye witness...what exactly DID happen?

GiantsAllDay
GiantsAllDay 04/16/13 - 11:24 am
Should have gone to SuperCuts

Should have gone to SuperCuts

Darby
Darby 04/16/13 - 11:52 am
"....and she ALWAYS has a gun at work."

Sounds like someone who has her head on straight!

Darby
Darby 04/16/13 - 11:54 am
Meanwhile, just sitting here.....

listening to the thunderous silence from ringmel1968.

Riverman1
Riverman1 04/16/13 - 12:27 pm
I know what really happened,

I know what really happened, but I'm not telling.

Riverman1
Riverman1 04/16/13 - 04:16 pm
Or It Goes

Or it goes... I know people in the military and they told me things and I know what really happened. If anyone thinks...Ho hum.