Crime & Courts Richmond Co. | Columbia Co. | Aiken Co. |

Augusta slaying suspect found in California

Monday, April 1, 2013 1:36 PM
Last updated 6:41 PM

A man linked to a 2012 slaying on East Boundary has been extradited from California and booked into the Richmond County jail.

According to news release from the Richmond County Sheriff’s Office, Christopher Smith was arrested in March in Sacramento. He was sent to Augusta and booked into the jail Saturday.

Smith was wanted in connection with the Jan. 14, 2012, death of Doniel Hicks at 201 East Boundary.

Smith has been indicted by a Richmond County grand jury for murder (felony and malice) and possession of a firearm during the commission of a crime, according to a news release.

palmetto1008
palmetto1008 04/01/13 - 05:38 pm
Funny thing, dichotomy. I

Funny thing, dichotomy. I work with many talented, both academically and athletically, young gentlemen with hair that looks just like that.

rmwhitley
rmwhitley 04/01/13 - 05:50 pm
left coasties

deserve to keep smith. he fits right in with california's lifestyle and should become a rap "singer". rape and murder are their mantra.

itsanotherday1
itsanotherday1 04/01/13 - 08:24 pm
Looks like a duck, walks like

Looks like a duck, walks like a duck.... Don't understand why so many want to look the part of a thug.

palmetto1008
palmetto1008 04/01/13 - 08:36 pm
I don't understand, either,

I don't understand, either, why so many women over 50 are still wearing the Farrah Fawcett hairdo.

scoopdedoop64
scoopdedoop64 04/01/13 - 09:55 pm
Just Wondering

I know it really doesn't matter but when they send a prisoner back to GA from CA, do they send them by plane or bus? Glad they caught the guy. It just goes to show that ultimately your sins will find you regardless of how you wear your hair. :)

scorehouse
scorehouse 04/01/13 - 10:41 pm
by plane

cops aren't going to ride a bus. plane is a lot safer and more secure.

seenitB4
seenitB4 04/02/13 - 06:11 am
scoop

I wonder that too...plane or bus.....1st class or coach....don't really care much for the "do".....didn't try Farrah's "do' either...I kinda like bald myself...:)

itsanotherday1
itsanotherday1 04/02/13 - 08:28 am
Touche'

Good one palmetto! :)

butterflygina
butterflygina 04/02/13 - 09:24 am
@itsanotherday1 are you

@itsanotherday1 are you saying this hair-style is thuggish looking? @palmetto1008 reminds me as I was working at Laney High School and a white co-worker posed a question to me, (one of only two African Americans in our group), "Why do they wear their hair like that, is it a gang thing?" Well, wonder what she thinks of me 3 years later, loving my locs : )