Crime & Courts

Richmond Co. | Columbia Co. | Aiken Co. |

Augusta slaying suspect found in California

Monday, April 1, 2013 1:36 PM
Last updated 6:41 PM

A man linked to a 2012 slaying on East Boundary has been extradited from California and booked into the Richmond County jail.

According to news release from the Richmond County Sheriff’s Office, Christopher Smith was arrested in March in Sacramento. He was sent to Augusta and booked into the jail Saturday.

Smith was wanted in connection with the Jan. 14, 2012, death of Doniel Hicks at 201 East Boundary.

Smith has been indicted by a Richmond County grand jury for murder (felony and malice) and possession of a firearm during the commission of a crime, according to a news release.

lifelongresident
lifelongresident 04/01/13 - 12:58 pm
east boundry....murder....why

east boundry....murder....why doesn't this picture of the perp surprise me...typical obammy voter...let's profile shall we....single, high school dropout, no education or job skills, work less than 2% of his adult life...living in, grew up in "gubment housing" led by a sngle mother, has at least 4-5 siblings most by different men, he never knew/barely knew-seen-spoke with-interacted with his "daddy", have prior convictions for various crimes, he absent daddy has a criminal record or in currently in jail...its time for augusta, state of georgia, and america to get out of the welfare-public housing business, trake that money and build more and more and bigger and bigger jails before that augusta needs to wall off all public housing into self contained communities surrounded by high brick walls, electrified fences and barbed wire patrolled by armed guards and once a month drop food into these areas and let the rats, roaches, apes, gorrillas, and monkeys fend for themselves because they will not sto breeding because they are continiously rewarded for laying on their backs and breeding non-stop birthing children they know they cannot afford to raise

dichotomy
dichotomy 04/01/13 - 03:53 pm
Got to be something with the

Got to be something with the hair. Cuts off blood flow to the brain or something.

palmetto1008
palmetto1008 04/01/13 - 04:38 pm
Funny thing, dichotomy. I

Funny thing, dichotomy. I work with many talented, both academically and athletically, young gentlemen with hair that looks just like that.

rmwhitley
rmwhitley 04/01/13 - 04:50 pm
left coasties

deserve to keep smith. he fits right in with california's lifestyle and should become a rap "singer". rape and murder are their mantra.

dichotomy
dichotomy 04/01/13 - 06:55 pm
Well, I cannot argue with

Well, I cannot argue with your experience. So let me narrow my statement a little by saying I am amazed at how many mug shots come with this do.

itsanotherday1
itsanotherday1 04/01/13 - 07:24 pm
Looks like a duck, walks like

Looks like a duck, walks like a duck.... Don't understand why so many want to look the part of a thug.

palmetto1008
palmetto1008 04/01/13 - 07:36 pm
I don't understand, either,

I don't understand, either, why so many women over 50 are still wearing the Farrah Fawcett hairdo.

scoopdedoop64
scoopdedoop64 04/01/13 - 08:55 pm
Just Wondering

I know it really doesn't matter but when they send a prisoner back to GA from CA, do they send them by plane or bus? Glad they caught the guy. It just goes to show that ultimately your sins will find you regardless of how you wear your hair. :)

scorehouse
scorehouse 04/01/13 - 09:41 pm
by plane

cops aren't going to ride a bus. plane is a lot safer and more secure.

seenitB4
seenitB4 04/02/13 - 05:11 am
scoop

I wonder that too...plane or bus.....1st class or coach....don't really care much for the "do".....didn't try Farrah's "do' either...I kinda like bald myself...:)

itsanotherday1
itsanotherday1 04/02/13 - 07:28 am
Touche'

Good one palmetto! :)

butterflygina
butterflygina 04/02/13 - 08:24 am
@itsanotherday1 are you

@itsanotherday1 are you saying this hair-style is thuggish looking? @palmetto1008 reminds me as I was working at Laney High School and a white co-worker posed a question to me, (one of only two African Americans in our group), "Why do they wear their hair like that, is it a gang thing?" Well, wonder what she thinks of me 3 years later, loving my locs : )

Georgia Regents' hospital plan chosen