Crime & Courts

Richmond Co. | Columbia Co. | Aiken Co. |

Augusta man facing attempted murder, child cruelty charges

Wednesday, March 13, 2013 4:23 PM
Last updated 7:15 PM

An Augusta man accused of beating and threatening to drown his 2-year-old son has been indicted on felony charges.

Roderick P. Jones  SPECIAL
SPECIAL
Roderick P. Jones

Map View

Javascript is required to view this map.

The Richmond County grand jury named Roderick P. Jones, 31, of the 2300 block of Milledgeville Road, in an indictment returned Tuesday. The charges are attempted murder and cruelty to children.

According to the indictment, Jones is accused of beating the toddler with a belt Jan. 6. He is also accused of turning on the water in the bath tub and threatening to drown the child on the same day.

Jones, who has been jailed without bond since his arrest in January, is likely to be arraigned in Richmond County Superior Court next month.

scoobynews
scoobynews 03/14/13 - 06:58 am
Scum of the earth!

Scum of the earth!

MarinerMan
MarinerMan 03/14/13 - 10:19 am
I Want To Be On THAT Jury - version 2

Since my last post got pulled, we'll just suffice it to say that this excrement MUST be put away for a LONG time. I pray that the jury agrees. Oh yeah, get a load of that smirk. That'll be coming off real soon.

Tots
Tots 03/14/13 - 11:34 am
Smirk on the face,

Naw,he just thinks he looks good... Could be practicing that kissing/sucking up look/thing..

Farmboy
Farmboy 03/14/13 - 11:47 am
I feel sorry for the child, however...

If he were my father, I would rather drown. Believe me, I really would rather drown.

lifelongresident
lifelongresident 03/14/13 - 02:28 pm
i am sure of barry had a son

i am sure of barry had a son he would want him to look like this piece of crap