Crime & Courts

Richmond Co. | Columbia Co. | Aiken Co. |

Prison for man who had sex with 12-year-old

Friday, March 1, 2013 2:30 PM
Last updated 7:17 PM

A man convicted this week of child molestation was sentenced Friday to 10 years in prison.

A Richmond County Superior Court jury convicted Billy Lariscey III, 21, at the conclusion of a two-day trial. In addition to the 10-year prison term, Lariscey will have an additional five years to serve on probation, Judge J. David Roper said Friday.

Lariscey was convicted for having intercourse with a 12-year-old girl Jan. 13, 2012.

“Mr. Lariscey is the type of person prisons were built for,” Assistant District Attorney John O’Neal said. He will be eligible for parole after serving five years.

Lariscey told the judge Friday that he is innocent of the crime.

“Until my dying day I will deny it,” he said.

Young Fred
Young Fred 03/01/13 - 04:44 pm
Why only 10 years, and will

Why only 10 years, and will he actually have to serve all 10?
Justice would be beter served with 10 years and castration.

panderson
panderson 03/01/13 - 09:09 pm
I am Billy's mother. I do not

I am Billy's mother. I do not appreciate any negative comments posted on here. My son IS INNOCENT and it doesn't matter what anyone says or thinks! Did you know that it was a hung jury? Did you know they were told to go back in and try to reach a decision? That there was no evidence other than that liar saying it happened? When someone accuses someone of a crime of this nature everyone always assumes that you are guilty and you have to prove your innocence, in this case the justice system failed my son. Now my son's life is not worth anything in the eyes of the public. He was a victim of circumstance in this case. Not everyone is innocent but my son truly is. Our family is already heartbroken and my son is terrified of what he is being forced to face. Please do not make it more difficult with your nasty and negative comments. There are families that are suffering because of she said/he said crap !!!!

panderson
panderson 03/01/13 - 09:13 pm
For all you know you could be

For all you know you could be sitting in his shoes one day because of a lie. Do not judge lest ye be judged. We love Billy and we support him as a truly loving family together. If I could take his place I would in a heartbeat. I am his momma and I love him and stand with him shoulder to shoulder until my dying breath. My son is a good man !!!

my.voice
my.voice 03/01/13 - 09:15 pm
It wasn't a hung jury until

It wasn't a hung jury until the judge says it is so. Further, any judge is going to admonish the jury to continue deliberations. I do hope that of this young man was found guilty that he in fact was. I put faith in our justice system and in jury trials. I'm not sure how he is a victim of circumstance.

myfather15
myfather15 03/02/13 - 06:39 am
Yes, I hate that you're

Yes, I hate that you're having to go through this, but don't distort the facts because of your pain. It's VERY common for judges to order juries to continue deliberations, when they are hung; in fact, in happens almost everytime. Judges will order them to try again, at least once; so your son isn't getting screwed by the system. Second, they DID return a guilty verdict; so to say it was a hung jury at the end; isn't quite honest.

Having said that, this isn't something that surprises me. You're his mother, I don't expect you to be happy with this end result. I've been in law enforcement for 16 years and I've yet to see a MOTHER who believed their child to be guilty. Mother's are usually the first persons to speak up and proclaim their child innocent; and people should be able to see why. I can't imagine what it's like to carry a child inside me, then raise that child; then have them do something to be incarcerated, it would be gut wrenching. But, as I was saying; mothers all to often are in blind denial because of love.

I've seen them deny their "Children", as they like to call them (Although their 38 years old), are selling dope; when they were caught with pounds of it. We were doing a drug search warrant on a house and I was talking to the targets mother. I said "Maam, how did you not knowing something was going on; we've had this house on surveillance for weeks; there has been 30 or 40 different cars a day come in and out of here. I swear to you, her response was "I just thought he was popular and had a lot of friends." Thats not even mentioning the fact the guy hasn't been employed in years; but can afford 4 cars sitting in the yards, 2 having 26 inch rims; a mouth full of gold teeth; goes to the club every weekend. Had a pair of Versace sunglass worth $500, numerous other items worth thousands and about 12 thousand cash money in the house. All this for someone unemployed for years; wow, thats some awesome unemployment. Yet, his mother never knew anything was going on!! She is either a LIAR or extremely naive. But, mothers are blinded by love.

TrukinRanger
TrukinRanger 03/02/13 - 08:31 am
I know nothing of this

I know nothing of this case... but I DO know there are kids out there that are smart enough to know that they are minors, and they have the power to ruin someone's life by telling a lie and acting innocent. Someone in my family had adopted a brother and sister. At one time the girl even told a counselor that he made advances at her- comes to find out she didn't like being told what to do and wanted to be placed in another home. She had been brought into an upper middle class family, given nice things but held on to issues from her past. I don't think she'll ever get over her issues. Some of which were habitual lies, theft (banned from certain stores at the mall), intentionally sneaking out at night to have sex with older men (20 years her senior). Eventually she hit 18, got married to a soldier and moved away. One day she posts pictures of herself dressed like a "dancer", talks of staying up all night drinking, and then the next she'll recite bible verses. Point of the comment is... not everyone accused of a crime is guilty

itsanotherday1
itsanotherday1 03/02/13 - 09:48 am
I understand you pain Mom,

I understand you pain Mom, but please understand this is a comments section of the paper where people comment on news of the day, for better or worse.

If your son is truly not guilty, there should be avenues for appeal to continue the fight. I realize it is expensive, but there are agencies interested in righting judicial wrongs that may help.

willow
willow 03/02/13 - 09:50 am
Lariscey has previous

Lariscey has previous convictions of drug possession, shoplifting and disorderly conduct....even while out on bond for child molestation in this case... he was caught in Edgefield SC for felony burglary and was caught with drugs again!!!! Oh hes innocent alright . Jury found him guilty! Oh and if anyone doubts this... google is your freind. Just search it your self. Richmond court clerks office search and edgefeild county warrants for him. Child molesters deserve the hardest prison time there is...I hope he gets it.

soapy_725
soapy_725 03/02/13 - 10:10 am
The innocent need to stay out of the courtroom....

you never know what a jury may perceive is the truth. How many juries anymore actually use the "facts presented in open court"? Is it whether they like you or not?. Evidence. Evidence. Evidence.

Stay away from the courthouse. Do not ask another twelve flawed human beings to sit in judgement of your actions.

soapy_725
soapy_725 03/02/13 - 10:14 am
Stoned and/or drunk. Think about it.

You do not know the who, what, when or where of your actions. You do not know if you are innocent. Living an "at risk" lifestyle comes with heavy penalties. The wages of sin is death.

You can do things, unaware, that you will no be able to ask God's forgiveness. A great reason to avoid drugs and alcohol!!!!!!

myfather15
myfather15 03/02/13 - 10:54 am
Willow just reaffirmed; a

Willow just reaffirmed; a mother's love is all to often, completely blind.

panderson
panderson 03/02/13 - 01:55 pm
In answer to myfather 15....

In answer to myfather 15.... I do understand that a mothers love for her child (and yes I say my child it doesn't matter his age because he IS my child) does make her blind to what they do sometimes and they proclaim thier innocence. However, you all do not know the details of this case. I do. Most people judge first but do not take into account that people can be innocent of what they are accused of. God forbid if someone lied on you and you had to go through anything similiar. I know because I was that person at one time. I won't go into circumstances because honestly I don't think I could legally speaking...but how could intercourse happen when a doctor testifies that the hymen is still intact upon an examination and there is no signs or indications that the girl ever had sexual intercourse. How???? Because the girl told a lie and when she couldn't take it back (and she did several times) because she was scared of getting in trouble with her "mom" whom she told in court she hates....If my son was guilty I would except it and hold his hand through all the trials and troubles he had coming. I would never stop loving him right or wrong but if he was guilty he would have to do the time. I agree that it is a vulgar and heinous crime and anyone truly guilty deserves whatever they get but once again my son is innocent and my love for him is not making me blind...I know the facts and the truth and so will everyone else soon.

panderson
panderson 03/02/13 - 02:04 pm
To my voice....you can have

To my voice....you can have faith in the system but we all know that it does not always work. I truly believe in justice and innocent until proven guily. How can a jury find a guilty verdict based solely on the girls testimony??? Whatever happened to evidence to prove guilt?? There was not any. Read the court transcripts if you can...the DA offered a plea deal and we refused it because my son is innocent so why would he ever plead guilt if he didn't do it. That's how strong my faith was in the system. But I was wrong. People judge first before any facts are brought forth and it doesn't matter. A victim of circumstance because someone else's lie and screwed up life caused this not my son's actions.

panderson
panderson 03/02/13 - 02:13 pm
To itsanotherday....yes there

To itsanotherday....yes there are appeals but I certainly can not afford it. My husband and I are hard honest workers but we sold everything we could do make our sons bond. If you know anyone or any place I can go to help please share the information. I do most certainly feel that if we could appeal my sons verdict would be overturned. Not all of the facts that count were brought to the table and the jury pool was teachers and medical workers who see this kind of stuff daily. What chance did he have when he was already judged guilty before the trial and lack of evidence was not taken into account. I would like to know just what evidence the jury used to base guilt on???? NONE because there was none only her saying it happened. Kids lie everyday.

InChristLove
InChristLove 03/02/13 - 02:17 pm
Sounds like your lawyer,

Sounds like your lawyer, Panderson, didn't do a very good job of defending your son if there was lack of evidence to this crime.

panderson
panderson 03/02/13 - 02:27 pm
InChristLove...the lawyer was

InChristLove...the lawyer was not the problem she worked really hard for Billy the problem was judgement of guilt beforehand.

Guntoter 2
Guntoter 2 03/02/13 - 02:31 pm
Wow! going in at 21 eh?..you

Wow! going in at 21 eh?..you can bet all the tea in China this boi will be wearing a dress when he get out.

grouse
grouse 03/02/13 - 02:46 pm
It would be better if The

It would be better if The Chronicle gave a more complete account of the situation.

Young Fred
Young Fred 03/02/13 - 04:39 pm
You're absolutely correct, I

You're absolutely correct, I don't know the details of this case.

I'll amend my 3/1, 3:44 statement to say, anyone that is guilty of that crime should be...

I would hope our justice system wouldn't convict based soley on the testimony of a 12 year-old and no other evidence, but I'm also aware our justice system isn't always about justice.

Grandpa Jones
Grandpa Jones 03/02/13 - 05:21 pm
"DA offered a plea deal and we refused it"

I remember being on a jury where one of the women stated before the trial began, "I can look at his eyes and tell that he is guilty!"

When you have the possibility of people like that woman on a jury, it best to take the plea deal and get it over with.

shrimp for breakfast
shrimp for breakfast 03/02/13 - 05:22 pm
Panderson

I am sorry for the pain you're going through.
Juries do get it wrong many times. If the girl's hymen was still in place this should have been an open and shut case. NOT GUILTY.
How in the world can a jury of 12 people ovrerlook that fact.
I do not know the details of this case but a he said/ she said case should not proceed without evidence.
Without evidence (circumstantial or not) a good lawyer should be able to argue for aquittal.
I'm sorry but it sounds like his lawyer was pathetic even though you think they were not.
I wish I had the transcrips to see what kind of defense she presented.
A first year law student could have won an aquittal on the facts you have given us.
Again I am sorry for your sorrow over the Justce system but I really would like to know what if any evidence was presented at trial.
People are not convicted beyond a reasonable doubt without evidence pointing to guilt.
Again I'm sorry.

panderson
panderson 03/03/13 - 10:21 am

Thank you Young Fred, Grandpa Jones, & Shrimp For Breakfast. Unfortunately this is just what happened. The jury presumed him guilty first and apparently did not listen to anything else. Once again my son had a good lawyer and we were all shocked that he was found guilty. That is what is so heart wrenching that people judge judge judge based on personal opinion and not on facts or evidence. This kind of reasoning has cost an innocent young man his life. We can not appeal because we don't have that kind of money but I would sell my soul to the devil if it would get him another trial. I just want the public to know that yes I love my son but I am not a mother who is blinded by that love. Once again I will say that if my son had of done this heinous crime than he would have deserved what the system gave him and I would have to deal with it. But He is innocent and a victim and so is this young lady. Two lives are ruined but I have no sympathy for the girl because she should have been stronger and told the truth and stuck with the truth. These days our kids are not naive at such a young age like we were back in the day. They are 12 going on 20. And they act that way. She also had a crush on a boy and the boys parents threatened her with a restraining order if she didn't leave their son alone. Unfortunately we could not use this type of behavior pattern as evidence in court plus a lot more. Things like this put facts and evidence in a whole different perspective. We all have heard stories about what happens in prison to child molesters so now I am wondering if my son will be hurt or even make it home from prison. This is truly a travesty of our justice system. Please God do not let this happen to anyone else.

Lonestar22lr
Lonestar22lr 03/03/13 - 09:39 pm
Checked into claims...yep.

Checked into claims...yep. Lariscey does have a long record for drugs, shoplifting, thief, disorderly conduct...and shocking yes got caught for felony burglary WHILE OUT ON BOND for this same child molestation case. Behaviour pattern indeed, very young to have that many convictions. As Quoted “Mr. Lariscey is the type of person prisons were built for,” Assistant District Attorney John O’Neal said.

That seems about right.

panderson
panderson 03/04/13 - 08:19 pm
Lonestar he doesn't have a

Lonestar he doesn't have a long record. He shoplifted and had pot in his pocket and that charge was changed to disorderly conduct. Then this molestation charge and unfortunately burglary charges now. Still doesn't make him a child molester. Just makes him guilty of making some bad choices. And yes I am his mother and I love him but I'm not blind.

AugustaCReader
AugustaCReader 03/05/13 - 09:21 pm
Read this and wanted to

Read this and wanted to comment. A mothers love is something else and I do truely admire that....but I knew this kid. Trouble was always his middle name and around that area if something came up missing...you knew who it likey was....and so did everyone else for miles. Sad it came to this though. Truth hurts, prayers for the families.