Crime & Courts

Richmond Co. | Columbia Co. | Aiken Co. |

Harlem woman charged with child molestation

Friday, March 1, 2013 6:00 PM
Last updated 7:40 PM

Columbia County authorities arrested a Harlem woman Friday on a child molestation charge.

Angela Melissa Staffey, 42, of Harlem, was charged Friday with child molestation.   Special
Special

Angela Melissa Staffey, 42, was charged with child molestation and was being held in the Columbia County Detention Center on Friday evening on a $25,100 bond, according jail records.

A boy told a school bus driver on Feb. 13 that Staffey was having “sex” with her new boyfriend and the boy’s two older brothers, according to a Columbia County Sheriff’s Office incident report. The bus driver notified school officials, who called the Department of Family and Children Services, who notified the sheriff’s office, according to sheriff’s Capt. Steve Morris.

The boy provided details of the incidents and drew pictures of them in bed, according to the report.

Staffey is charged with inappropriate behavior with one of the boys, a 12-year-old. The incident, according to the report, happened at Staffey’s home.

Staffey was in Columbia County Juvenile Court with her son for truancy violations on Feb. 22, when Judge Doug Flanagan ordered her to jail. She was released without bond on Monday.

I'm Back Again
I'm Back Again 03/02/13 - 12:15 am
That crying face is

That crying face is priceless!

myfather15
myfather15 03/02/13 - 06:50 am
There is not a punishment

There is not a punishment harse enough for people like this. A person who would willingly have sex with their own child is a special kind of scum. If they will do this, they will probably do ANYTHING else, because they have ZERO morals. If found guilty, people like this need put out of societies misery and I don't mean in prison for the rest of their lives.

InChristLove
InChristLove 03/02/13 - 09:09 am
Myfather15, I agree that this

Myfather15, I agree that this is beyond sick but no where in the article does it state these boys were her children. I had to read it several time to make sure but it said it occurred at her home but not that these were her sons.

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 03/02/13 - 09:20 am
Something Wrong Here??????

Maybe it is just my reading comprehension?

myfather15
myfather15 03/02/13 - 10:50 am
Could be my mistake; I

Could be my mistake; I thought the boy that told the bus driver, was her son and she was having sex with his older brothers. Needs clarification.

reba530
reba530 03/02/13 - 11:53 am
You know this makes me sick.

You know this makes me sick. That woman better be glad that was not my son because she would really get a good beat down. She would not have to go to court. Also I don't know why these women do this because they know people talk and they will eventually get caught. Dry up the tears woman because you have traumatized that YOUNG boy.. He needs to be the one crying not you... I hope they throw you under the jail. I bet your tail was not crying when you were in bed when all them guys. That makes you what??? Well we all know. Find you a real man and leave innocent children alone you SICK O

GiantsAllDay
GiantsAllDay 03/02/13 - 01:03 pm
Looks like in the picture

Looks like in the picture that she's having a bad day.