Crime & Courts

Richmond Co. | Columbia Co. | Aiken Co. |

Police looking for diaper bag shoplifter

Wednesday, Feb. 27, 2013 2:04 PM
Last updated 2:44 PM

Investigators are asking for help identifying a female shoplifter.

According to a Richmond County sheriff's release, the woman entered Buy Buy Baby, 242 Robert C. Daniel Jr. Parkway,  Friday morning and left with a Petunia Pickle Bottom diaper bag valued at $170.  SPECIAL
SPECIAL
According to a Richmond County sheriff's release, the woman entered Buy Buy Baby, 242 Robert C. Daniel Jr. Parkway, Friday morning and left with a Petunia Pickle Bottom diaper bag valued at $170.

According to a Richmond County sheriff’s release, the woman entered Buy Buy Baby, 242 Robert C. Daniel Jr. Parkway, about 9:40 a.m. Friday and left with a Petunia Pickle Bottom diaper bag valued at $170.

Anyone with information is asked to contact the sheriff’s office at (706) 821-1020.

Comments (9)

razordog
razordog 02/27/13 - 04:24 pm

Who in their right mind...

would pay $170 for a DIAPER BAG in the first place???

Little Lamb
Little Lamb 02/27/13 - 04:31 pm

Good Question

They ought to indict Buy Buy Baby for price gouging.

my.voice
my.voice 02/27/13 - 04:34 pm

"Petunia Pickle Bottom Diaper

"Petunia Pickle Bottom Diaper Bag" - SAY THAT THREE TIMES REAL FAST.

InChristLove
21928
InChristLove 02/27/13 - 04:54 pm

Oh my gosh Razordog, my

Oh my gosh Razordog, my thoughts exactly....$170 to carry diapers and bottles in.....unreal!

dichotomy
dichotomy 02/28/13 - 12:23 am

They have to charge $170 to

They have to charge $170 to make up for the stuff that gets shoplifted by thieving lowlifes like this one. Especially since there is no longer any punishment for shoplifting.

The lawmakers have declared open season on the poor dumb folks that ACTUALLY PAY FOR THEIR SHOPPING ITEMS. You know they didn't expect the retailers to eat this crap sandwhich the lawmakers made.I wonder what pilferage percentage the retailers are using nowadays to calculate their markup since we've implemented the NOBODY GOES TO JAIL FOR STEALING law?

Young Fred
Young Fred 02/28/13 - 01:06 am

I can see it now..."how do

I can see it now..."how do you like my Petunia Pickle?"

All joking aside, people consider shoplifting a "victimless crime".

We all pay for these crimes, especially those that can least afford it.

Besides the chance at making a funny headline, I hope this is prosecuted to the full extent of the law.

I'm anxiously awaiting the video!

Young Fred
Young Fred 02/28/13 - 01:19 am

@Dichotomy "I wonder what

@Dichotomy "I wonder what pilferage percentage the retailers are using nowadays to calculate their markup since we've implemented the NOBODY GOES TO JAIL FOR STEALING law?"

If when they implemented this law, they required all merchants to post the amount of markup due to shoplifting and pilferage, I've got a feeling you'd see a marked decrease.

But hey, why put "teeth" in a law?

palmetto1008
palmetto1008 02/28/13 - 06:54 am

Gee, people, didn't you read?

Gee, people, didn't you read? It's a PETUNIA PICKLE BOTTOM bag. It's a steal for $170.

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 02/28/13 - 07:27 am

Young Fred

"I've got a feeling you'd see a marked decrease."

Nah, I don't think it would. You will always have those liberals that feel that they deserve it as much as someone that has worked and is able to afford what they want. Heck, just look at the biggest shoplifter in the U.S., King SMNCICBHO the Hammer & Sickle Man, he shoplifts in the Trillions!

David Parker
David Parker 02/28/13 - 02:54 pm

Petunia-pickle. that's a

Petunia-pickle. that's a funny word