Crime & Courts

Richmond Co. | Columbia Co. | Aiken Co. |

Augusta waterworks employee indicted on child molestation charges

Wednesday, Feb. 27, 2013 2:12 PM
Last updated 8:04 PM

An outspoken Augusta water works employee and local Republican party official was recently indicted on sex abuse charges by a Columbia County grand jury.

Brett Bennie Langham, 33, was indicted Feb. 13 on aggravated sexual battery and child molestation charges in connection with a November incident involving a child younger than 16, according to the indictment.

Langham, who goes by "B.B.," served as a whistleblower in 2010 allegations of time card fraud in the water department, where he works as a water treatment plant operator. In August, Langham, a district representative for the Richmond County Republican Party, pleaded publicly with the Augusta Commission to compensate his family for flood damage in the Hollywood subdivision.

Langham, who was arrested Feb. 21, has a bond hearing Friday.

Humble Angela
Humble Angela 02/27/13 - 04:00 pm
I bet he will never again be

I bet he will never again be elected by the GOP. To bad the DNC can't do the same with their own.

Jake
Jake 02/27/13 - 07:03 pm
Swatbad
Swatbad 02/27/13 - 07:24 pm
Seriously, HA?

How do you GOPleezers manage to turn everything in to a Democratic problem? Seriously, what does this have to do with democrats? I'm fairly sure it's okay to have bad behaviors, sexual, moral and/or ethical as GOP members as long as you aren't found out. Then you guys go into your sanctimonious damage control act. LoL, hilarious!!!

Humble Angela
Humble Angela 02/28/13 - 09:41 am
Swatbad....just stop me when

Swatbad....just stop me when I'm lying.

Humble Angela
Humble Angela 02/28/13 - 11:31 am
"I'm fairly sure it's okay to

"I'm fairly sure it's okay to have bad behaviors, sexual, moral and/or ethical as GOP members as long as you aren't found out. "

No....the difference is when the GOP get's found out, they get sanctioned by their voters....the Democrats re-elect them.