Rapper DMX arrested in SC

Wednesday, Feb. 13, 2013 11:43 AM
Last updated 8:32 PM

GREER, S.C. — Rapper DMX has been arrested in South Carolina for driving without a license.

Authorities say the 42-year-old, whose real name is Earl Simmons, was arrested at 1 a.m. Wednesday after an officer saw him at a gas station in Greer. Simmons already faced several charges of driving without a license, so deputies say an officer pulled him over after watching Simmons leave a gas station, get into a car and drive away.

Simmons was released after paying a fine. It isn’t clear if he has an attorney.

Simmons was arrested in a Phoenix suburb in 2011 after a trooper clocked him driving at 102 mph. He had recently finished a stint in prison on probation revocation for failing to submit to drug testing and driving without a license.

itsanotherday1
itsanotherday1 02/13/13 - 11:56 am
Hmmmm. Sounds like a repeat

Hmmmm. Sounds like a repeat offender with no regard for the law. A little wing clipping seems in order.

MarinerMan
MarinerMan 02/13/13 - 12:11 pm
Rap Crap

'Nuff said...

Riverman1
Riverman1 02/13/13 - 03:25 pm
Ode to Earl

I be Rapper DMX and I be near,
The man put me in jail in Greer,
Dog ain’t safe in a gas station lot,
Can't even use the pot,
I may not have a license,
But I have a nice car,
My rap gonna take me far,
I ain’t never gonna get a license,
I ain’t never gonna work,
Phoenix couldn’t hold me,
I got credibility,
Wam, bam, Sam,
Scam the real man,
DMX, DMX, DMX

itsanotherday1
itsanotherday1 02/13/13 - 01:23 pm
You got it down cold RM!!

You got it down cold RM!!

JRC2024
JRC2024 02/14/13 - 08:20 am
New job for RM as a writer

New job for RM as a writer for Rap Crap. Your second calling.

bubbasauce
bubbasauce 02/14/13 - 10:56 am
Yes RM, you missed your

Yes RM, you missed your calling. Had me dancing, or whatever rappers do. Too funny.

Daniel Field removes trees, lights structures in airspace

Daniel Field, managed by operations company Augusta Aviation, has spent more than $30,000 conducting land surveys, removing 30 trees and installing red blinking lights on top of the Newman Tennis ...