Grovetown man charged after wife shot

Friday, Jan. 25, 2013 5:26 PM
Last updated 7:32 PM

A Grovetown man was in jail Friday on charges that he shot his wife during an early-morning argument.

Zachariah Eason McRee, 32, of Grovetown  SPECIAL
SPECIAL
Zachariah Eason McRee, 32, of Grovetown

Zach­ariah Eason McRee, 32, was charged with aggravated assault and possession of a firearm during the commission of a crime.

McRee and his estranged wife, Heather, were arguing at their Grove Landing Circle home about their pending divorce when he pulled a .45-caliber handgun and shot her in the left arm about 3 a.m., said Grovetown De­part­­ment of Public Safety Chief Gary Owens.

Heather McRee was treated and released from Georgia Regents Medical Center, according to a hospital spokesman.

Zachariah McRee, a soldier, initially told police that the gun accidentally went off, Owens said. He was being held in the Columbia County Detention Center on a $30,200 bond, according to jail records.

– From staff reports

Willow Bailey
20579
Willow Bailey 01/25/13 - 09:59 pm
I hope there are no children

I hope there are no children involved.

soapy_725
soapy_725 01/26/13 - 10:03 am
He is a black op for the CIA

His use of a handgun is in support of Obama's agenda. He is an urban terrorist raising the awareness of gun violence.

rmwhitley
rmwhitley 01/26/13 - 10:14 am
His wife

is now one of the first women to face combat.

my.voice
my.voice 01/26/13 - 10:42 am
How do I love the? Let me

How do I love the? Let me count the ways! Geeze, I wonder why they were estranged? Hmmmmmm

Little Lamb
Little Lamb 01/26/13 - 11:46 am
Rank

It would be interesting to know the rank of this 32-year-old soldier.

corgimom
corgimom 01/26/13 - 12:00 pm
I think it's safe to now say

I think it's safe to now say that "he USED to be a soldier"- just the lying to investigators will take care of his now-former career

Setback for health care law

WASHINGTON - A federal appeals court has delivered a serious setback to President Barack Obama's health care law, potentially derailing subsidies for many low- and middle-income people who have ...