Ga. woman blames theft on ghost

Friday, Dec. 28, 2012 8:29 AM
Last updated 6:40 PM

WINDER, Ga. -- A Barrow County sheriff’s deputy encountered a burglary case on Saturday possibly more suited to a ghost hunter.

Though she perhaps should have called the Ghostbusters, the theft victim instead told local deputies that a ghost stole from her.

The 40-year-old Winder woman reported stolen her resume, criminal history and a blouse sometime during the past two weeks, according to a Barrow County sheriff’s report.

When the deputy asked the woman if she knew anyone who might take the items, she said a ghost or spirt because the ghost of her mother often visits. However, she told the deputy she also occasionally sees a black spirit roaming near her home.

According to the report, the woman valued her resume at $5,000 and the criminal history at $10.

Comments (8)

Willow Bailey
20252
Willow Bailey 12/28/12 - 09:40 am

I'd say she has her numbers

I'd say she has her numbers right.

oneofthesane
oneofthesane 12/28/12 - 10:05 am

Sooo.......

What happened next? Did they order her to get a psych eval? Or just went on their marry way and will hear of her killing a few ppl that she thought she was saving from the black spirit that visits near her home....geezus.

Little Lamb
Little Lamb 12/28/12 - 12:20 pm

Mental Illness

The new commission set up with Joe Biden in the lead is supposed to address mental illness and its role in gun violence. Perhaps Biden's commission needs to start by helping this woman before she escalates to violence. The police's ignoring her calls for help might lead her off the cliff.

Willow Bailey
20252
Willow Bailey 12/28/12 - 12:33 pm

Too funny!

Joe Biden heading a mental illness commission; now that's just too funny.

After the commenting on Hillary, yesterday, I can't get this nursery rhyme out of my head. Now, I know who the players are.

"Three little monkeys jumping on a bed,
One fell off and bumped her head.

Mama called the doctor and the doctor said,
No more monkey's jumping on the bed!"

omnomnom
omnomnom 12/28/12 - 01:26 pm

does she live in the Boo

does she live in the Boo Radley house or what?

OpenCurtain
OpenCurtain 12/28/12 - 03:17 pm

yeah-unhu

Just her mother cleaning up behind her, Again. ;-)

Willow Bailey
20252
Willow Bailey 12/28/12 - 04:09 pm

Seriously, any story is

Seriously, any story is believable depending on the demeanor and appearance of the person telling it. When ghosts are in your house, you must choose your words, your outfit and your audience.... wisely.

Pssst, did I mention, that we have one...? We really do. It first appeared to our dog and then to our daughter. I know what you're thinking...but then it appeared to ME! You probably think I'm kidding, but I'm not.

rmwhitley
rmwhitley 12/28/12 - 05:01 pm

Spooky!

She doesn't have a ghost of a chance convincing me.

KSL
KSL 12/28/12 - 10:35 pm

I don't. My stepgrandson saw

I don't. My stepgrandson saw and described perfectly one of the former residents of their old home, including the location he saw him in when he died. He had no way he could know.

Magpie
Magpie 12/29/12 - 01:37 am

They didn't mention the

They didn't mention the estimated value of her blouse.

boomhauer
boomhauer 12/29/12 - 09:39 am

Ok someone needs to lay off

Ok someone needs to lay off the eggnog...