Crime & Courts

Richmond Co. | Columbia Co. | Aiken Co. |

Krispy Kreme employees report defecation in delivery trucks

Thursday, Dec. 20, 2012 12:57 PM
Last updated 6:58 PM

Krispy Kreme employees called police Wednesday morning after they discovered someone had defecated in the delivery trucks overnight.

According to an incident report, delivery trucks were left unsecured behind Krispy Kreme, 1644 Gordon Highway, when the incident occurred.

An employee told deputies he believes the act was retaliation from homeless people who could no longer eat discarded donuts from the Dumpster. The report stated that the business had recently begun to lock its Dumpsters.

Patty-P
Patty-P 12/20/12 - 01:41 pm
I'm so glad I havn't bought

I'm so glad I havn't bought Krispy Kreme doughnuts in a while.

rmwhitley
rmwhitley 12/20/12 - 02:20 pm
Gives a new

meaning to "doughnuts".

David Parker
David Parker 12/20/12 - 02:40 pm
Hot, fresh, now!

I am ashamed

Self-imposed thumb down

LillyfromtheMills
LillyfromtheMills 12/20/12 - 02:52 pm
YeCats
YeCats 12/20/12 - 03:13 pm
Some things

you just don't call the police for.

David Parker
David Parker 12/20/12 - 03:20 pm
That's what I thought

That's what I thought immediately YeCats. Last one hired is first to clean pooh outta the truck. That was always the rule.

YeCats
YeCats 12/20/12 - 04:32 pm
David,

if I'd been the boss, your directive is what would have been prescribed. With a hardy "get the shovel, and get to work. And lets keep them trucks locked up!"

itsanotherday1
itsanotherday1 12/20/12 - 05:05 pm
Dumping in a KK truck? What a

Dumping in a KK truck? What a sacrilege!!!!!

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 12/20/12 - 07:11 pm
"homeless people who could no

"homeless people who could no longer eat discarded donuts from the Dumpster."

How come nobody has made a comment (pro or con) on this issue?

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 12/20/12 - 07:14 pm
Question?

Truck unlock, dumpster locked ??

PUPPYMOMMA
PUPPYMOMMA 12/20/12 - 10:03 pm
Drizzled and Sprinkled

Drizzled and sprinkled or hot& fluffy takes on a whole new meaning after reading this story.

oldredneckman96
oldredneckman96 12/20/12 - 10:32 pm
Krispy Kreme

Chocolate covered donuts, anyone?

Tullie
Tullie 12/21/12 - 05:14 am
CobaltGeorge said:

Truck unlock, dumpster locked ??

That was my first thought...I wondered why they would even leave trucks unlocked.

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 12/21/12 - 05:54 am
"Dang..let them have the

"Dang..let them have the doughnuts. If they have been eating them all these years, why lock the dumpsters now?"

"I wonder why they don't just donate them to the shelter anyway? Why even throw them away? What a waste."

That's what I was waiting for!"

seenitB4
seenitB4 12/21/12 - 06:41 am
Dang

What a drag to see this so early in am.....whoa....can you imagine some guy eating KK for breakfast & right at the time he is chomping down he reads THIS!

David Parker
David Parker 12/21/12 - 08:13 am
I'm certain that by giving

I'm certain that by giving access to the old donuts they are opening themselves up to lawsuit if someone were to fall into the dumpster or got sick. But yeah, lock the trucks and just get better at limiting over-production and their problem is solved. As far as homeless and hungry, they could set a time for "dispensing" the over-produced krullers and glazed little devils.

JRC2024
JRC2024 12/21/12 - 08:35 am
Charlie Baggs at Atlanta

Charlie Baggs at Atlanta Bread gives all of his left over pasteries every night to a church who in turn gives them to the needy. What a great thing to do.

Grandpa Jones
Grandpa Jones 12/21/12 - 08:50 am
...

I bet the management wasn't happy about the employees calling the police and this story making the news. LOL.

itsanotherday1
itsanotherday1 12/21/12 - 09:02 am
1. Open dumpster with donuts=

1. Open dumpster with donuts= attractive nuisance= liability; not to mention rats and other vermin hanging out for a free meal.

2. Would you want vagrants hanging out around your business waiting on the old donuts to be thrown out?

Jake
Jake 12/21/12 - 10:36 am
Commando Raid

Personally, I think it was some employees from Dumpin' Donuts.