2 victims in River Watch wreck in critical condition

Wednesday, Dec. 12, 2012 3:33 PM
Last updated 9:57 PM

Three of the six people injured in a wreck Monday on River Watch Parkway remain hospitalized.

Amelia Hiltz, 32, and Augusta lawyer Maureen Floyd, 52, are in critical condition at Medical College of Georgia Hospital.

Monique Sullivan, the Suburban driver who police say crashed into three vehicles after driving west in the eastbound lanes for three miles at a high speed, is in fair condition at MCG. Police said Sullivan has been uncooperative. Details on the cause of the crash have not been released.

Toxicology results are pending.

Police said Hiltz, 32, was in the same lane as Sullivan and tried to veer right before being hit by Sullivan’s 2003 Chevrolet Suburban. The Suburban then hit a car driven by Kevin Mollenhauer, 25, who was in the other lane. Mollenhauer’s car slammed into Hiltz’s, causing most of the damage, said Richmond County sheriff’s Lt. Randy Prickett.

Sullivan’s husband and 4-year-old son, who were traveling with her, and Mollenhauer have been released from the hospital.

rmwhitley
rmwhitley 12/12/12 - 05:05 pm
sullivan must

have learned her driving skills here in Atlanta. Godspeed Mrs./Ms. Hiltz and Mrs./Ms Floyd.

Farmboy
Farmboy 12/12/12 - 08:51 pm
I wonder how this will all turn out..

I guess it will all come out in time.

corgimom
corgimom 12/12/12 - 08:23 pm
How on Earth could her

How on Earth could her husband be travelling with her and not scream, "STOP, YOU"RE IN THE WRONG LANE!"

just an opinion
just an opinion 12/12/12 - 11:05 pm
itsanotherday1
itsanotherday1 12/13/12 - 12:45 am
Your questions are why this

Your questions are why this whole episode is obviously more than just someone turning up the wrong side, and adding suspicion to her "uncooperativeness" .

Tullie
Tullie 12/13/12 - 05:29 am
just an opinion said:

He could have turned the key off!

I wondered why he didn't do that too. I think that would have been a lot more effective than hollering at her that she was in the wrong lane.

I don't know what happened here either, this is a strange one. I am wondering if she turned in the wrong way and then just totally panicked once she realized what she did. I don't blame her for not talking either, I would not talk until I had a lawyer in this case. For whatever reason she caused people to get hurt..she needs a lawyer before she says anything.

JRC2024
JRC2024 12/13/12 - 09:23 am
Tullie I doubt she did that

Tullie I doubt she did that since she was going at a high rate of speed.