Crime & Courts

Richmond Co. | Columbia Co. | Aiken Co. |

Man, 20, beats up boy, 13, over cat's death

Sunday, Dec. 9, 2012 9:55 PM
Last updated 10:39 PM

A 13 year-old boy told police his 20 year-old neighbor beat him up Sunday after accusing him of killing his cat six years ago.

A little after 5 p.m., police arrived at the 800 block of Aiken Plaza and found the teenager with a swollen lower lip, according to a Richmond County sheriff’s incident report.

The boy told deputies he was playing basketball when his neighbor approached him and accused him of killing his cat six years ago. The man hit the teen in his face and body and then took off running east toward Aiken Street, the teen told authorities.

The boy’s 71-year-old grandmother said she wanted to prosecute if the neighbor was found, the report said.

Patty-P
Patty-P 12/09/12 - 11:57 pm
I would prosecute too. Crazy

I would prosecute too. Crazy people.

rebellious
rebellious 12/10/12 - 12:46 am
George Wallace

The comedian said "The whole world's gone crazy".

Poor kid, but back in the day, all the kids he was playing ball with would have watched, then on the second punch, jumped this wacko lunatic scumbag and beat the brakes off him. Then they would have held him while the fastest kid ran home and Mom or Dad showed up and held him till the oldstyle cops showed up. The Cops would have then accidentally slammed his head into the roof of the car trying to get him in the back of the cruiser. When he yelled police abuse, they would have drug him out and told him they would show him police abuse and then, in short order shown him. He would then have been booked, convicted and the book thrown at him. Then the basketball playing kids and the parents would have bought the cops a ham at Christmas and the kids would have flagged the cop down on the next sighting and talked with him and adored the protection they received. And the perp, after serving a 2 week sentence, would have said to himself "Dude don't ever get that messed up again, or if you do, leave the kids in this neighborhood alone".

Oh but wait, that was back in the day. Maybe we need more of the "back in the day" thinking.. When if something like this happened, you didn't bail on your friend. And your parents had a pair and came to defend their kid if he was right or beat his butt if he was wrong. And the cops dealt out a strange kind of street justice cause they had a sense of justice and knew wrong when they saw it. And the judicial understood the street and didn't have to deal with the twists and turns of the ACLU and Sharpton and Jackson blackmail.

I predict.....coming to a city near you. Sooner than you think. System is breaking down, so logical, right thinking people move towards a street justice thing. Call me a Prophet later, but the winds of change are a blowin.

itsanotherday1
itsanotherday1 12/10/12 - 01:19 am
Good story Reb

I remember those days, but the world has changed. The po-po has to pussyfoot around with the perps, and the citizen is scared of retribution.

seenitB4
seenitB4 12/10/12 - 07:20 am
100% agree

The system is breaking down...

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 12/10/12 - 08:52 am
Only One Word

"SICK"

OpenCurtain
OpenCurtain 12/10/12 - 09:29 am
W.H.O.

a 13 y/o may have killed a cat 6 years ago.
So a 20 y/o (14y/o at the time) pounds him into the sand?

The RCSO Deputy had better bring a Screw Driver to the arrest.
This guy has a Screw Loose, that needs tightening.

BTW: Where are the kids parents, I hope they are alright?

Jane18
Jane18 12/10/12 - 09:39 am
Two Bad Guys?

Hey, we need to be wondering about the 13-year-old. If, and I say if, he did kill the cat six years ago, wonder if he has killed any other pets(animals)?I agree the 20 -year-old is in the wrong, but, you gotta wonder about a kid that kills animals..................like I said, If he did.

gagirl40
gagirl40 12/10/12 - 10:21 am
Rebellious

So back in the day all cops were dirty and would have beaten the 20 year old kid? They would have judged him and sentenced him right there on the street? You paint a picture of a day I DON'T want to go back to. You also assume the 20 year old is black ie "the ACLU and Sharpton and Jackson blackmail.", why is that? Jane18, I wondered that too. If this kid did kill the other man's cat they would have been 7 and 14 years old at the time. Any 7 year old who kills a cat is someone we all need to worry about. (If he killed the cat)

rebellious
rebellious 12/10/12 - 12:50 pm
Gagirl

Not dirty, they just used some common sense. And they could do so without fear of some carpetbagging Steve Nugent lawyer squawking about their clients civil rights being violated. And I respect that you don't like the picture I paint.. Many social liberals don't and that is OK. But the same people are cowered in their homes with bars on the windows, cell phone on lap with 9 and 1 already dialed. Just saying if a little bit of street logic and common sense were used, we would have less problems. Many a kid in my day got a ride home from a cop, then after the cop and parent had a talk, had a little seat warming. No YDC, no arrest record, and no more misbehaving.

As for your statement that I assume the 20 year old is black, I think you have injected your prejudice here. It never crossed my mind. The ACLU and Sharpton/Jackson reference is due to them constantly finding a way to spin the perpetrator into a victim and the victim into the perp. The Duke fiasco jumps to the front of my mind for some reason as a perfect example. Ruined those kids lives. I say enough controversial stuff on here without you having to create it between the lines!

As for cats, well I have 3 of my own. But I also have no trespassing signs on the property and everyone knows cats can read. Of course, I know my neighbors cats cause they knock on the door and ask if my cats can play, so they are protected.

OpenCurtain
OpenCurtain 12/10/12 - 01:14 pm
gagirl40 - do a Google and settle it

800 Aiken Plaza Augusta Ga.

Then see where it is located........

Hint: My results show it is between Sandbar Ferry and Laney Walker and East of East boundary.

So the odds are extremely in favor of this being a BOB and not WOW, BOW, or WOB issue.

NOTE: This is just a demographics observation not a racial one.

Little Lamb
Little Lamb 12/10/12 - 02:26 pm
Plus . . .

. . . he was playing basketball.

dwb619
dwb619 12/10/12 - 03:46 pm
"beat the brakes off"

Gonna have to remember that one.

kiwiinamerica
kiwiinamerica 12/10/12 - 04:46 pm
He owned a cat?

That's sweet. I thought they all owned pit bulls in that part of town.

bubbajackson