Woman finds items, boyfriend missing

Friday, Dec. 7, 2012 10:37 PM
Last updated 10:59 PM

A woman was surprised when she came home from visiting her family for a few weeks and found her boyfriend and several expensive items, including two cars and some jewelry, missing from her home.

A little after 2:30 p.m. Friday, a woman called police and said she had just returned from Detroit and found the two vehicles missing, in addition to more than $3,000 in jewelry, her dryer, stove and TV, a Richmond County sheriff’s report said.

When the woman searched her home, she found a receipt from a local pawnshop for her TV. She also has not seen her boyfriend, the report said.

omnomnom
omnomnom 12/08/12 - 12:50 am
Times are touch when peoples

Times are touch when peoples boyfriends are getting stolen

omnomnom
omnomnom 12/08/12 - 12:51 am
Tough

Tough

KSL
KSL 12/08/12 - 12:55 am
I think the tough part is the

I think the tough part is the items, not the boyfriend.

KSL
KSL 12/08/12 - 01:04 am
Detroit. That is interesting.

Detroit. That is interesting. The . place that is demanding bailout from The O because thy helped elect him. I guess the boyfriend was not waiting on Obama to keep his promises. Smart dude.

Tullie
Tullie 12/08/12 - 05:19 am
omnomnom said:

Times are touch when peoples boyfriends are getting stolen

Ha, I wonder what is the going rate for ex-boyfriends at the pawn shop?

allhans
allhans 12/08/12 - 07:18 am
What does one expect when you

What does one expect when you leave a "boyfriend" in your home "for a few weeks".

KSL
KSL 12/08/12 - 08:42 am
I am amazed at the sorry job

I am amazed at the sorry job many women do of picking "boyfriends" and husbands.

elizaw
elizaw 12/08/12 - 09:03 am
KSL

Detroit has nothing to do with Augusta. You hate President Obama so much, you will blame him for anything. I love your thinking.

Dixieman
Dixieman 12/08/12 - 09:44 am
Dixieman has 3 billion points

Honey, if the police catch him, reclaim your stuff but let the boyfriend go.

itsanotherday1
itsanotherday1 12/08/12 - 10:01 am
Willow Bailey
20603
Willow Bailey 12/08/12 - 11:23 am
Yes, if he turns up; spray

Yes, if he turns up; spray him with "Boyfriend Be Gone."

TrulyWorried
TrulyWorried 12/08/12 - 02:09 pm
Theft

She has one advantage - she knows who stole the items! Law enforcement only has to find him for her. Sad world indeed!!

happychimer
happychimer 12/08/12 - 02:43 pm
I am also amazed at the sorry

I am also amazed at the sorry job many men pick for girlfriends and wives.It goes both ways.This has not one thing to do with politics either.

happychimer
happychimer 12/08/12 - 02:46 pm
Good for her for turning his

Good for her for turning his behind in. No woman should put up with a thief.

KSL
KSL 12/08/12 - 03:38 pm
I agree with you, happy, on

I agree with you, happy, on the stupid males or males trying to do the right thing, but with totally evil women.

KSL
KSL 12/08/12 - 04:06 pm
elizaw

Sorry you are unable to understand my sarcasm. You are a new poster, judging from your points.

Oh, and the possible disparaging remark was directed at the council person from Detroit, not the threat in the White House.

KSL
KSL 12/08/12 - 04:14 pm
Opencurtain

Perfect comment, as usual!

YeCats
YeCats 12/08/12 - 04:30 pm
Worth,

Ha, I wonder what is the going rate for ex-boyfriends at the pawn shop?

The Old Man would state: "I'd be a buyer at $150.". :-)

She probably met this crook on the internet.

Willow Bailey
20603
Willow Bailey 12/08/12 - 05:56 pm
It's about values.

No, it isn't politics but, it is VALUES, and the two are close cousins.

What are the values of the person I'm considering trying to have a relationship with and what are MY values?

Until we learn to examine our own values, needs and history; we will make the same mistakes, again and again.

Relationships formed out of neediness and unrealistic expectations always, tank, one way or the other.

Until this lady gets help, even if she dumps boyfriend, she'll pick another loser just like him without even knowing it.

This is not an unusual circumstance; it is very par for the dating/mating course. Not saying any of this to be mean, just trying to share some truth.

Gage Creed
Gage Creed 12/08/12 - 06:36 pm
Wonder why did I heard Eminem

Wonder why did I heard Eminem Lose Yourself in the background when I read the article and comments?

Willow Bailey
20603
Willow Bailey 12/08/12 - 06:57 pm
Huh?

Gage, I had to get "daughter help" with your comment:)

Gage Creed
Gage Creed 12/08/12 - 07:12 pm
Sorry Willow....it was the

Sorry Willow....it was the Detroit thing...

KSL
KSL 12/08/12 - 07:30 pm
Thank you, itsanotherday1.

Thank you, itsanotherday1.

KSL
KSL 12/08/12 - 07:40 pm
I brought up the Detroit

I brought up the Detroit thing. I admit it. Are all failing cities and states going to be running to the feds with their hands held up and out?

The woman in this article was stupid. No 2 ways about it.

I hope she gets her stuff back sans her boyfriend. And I truly hope she makes better choices in the future.

KSL
KSL 12/08/12 - 07:54 pm
Hope the boyfriend goes to

Hope the boyfriend goes to jail.

kiwiinamerica
kiwiinamerica 12/08/12 - 08:04 pm
Ummm......

Do this broad and the cops actually want to....er........FIND this guy? And...uh......ya know....ARREST him?

Then what's the big secret about publishing his name? Some of us might actually know this dude or know where he's at. Putting his name in the newspaper wouldn't actually do any harm, would it?

What a sorry excuse for journalism!

happychimer
happychimer 12/08/12 - 10:04 pm
As usual, blame the victim.It

As usual, blame the victim.It never fails.

happychimer
happychimer 12/08/12 - 10:09 pm
Walk in a crime victim's

Walk in a crime victim's shoes and you will change your tune real fast.I have a loved one who has been a crime victim twice, and one of those times was lucky to come out alive. Nobody should blame the victim. nobody

Willow Bailey
20603
Willow Bailey 12/09/12 - 02:00 am
Happy, this isn't a case of a

Happy, this isn't a case of a victim. It's about the consequences of choosing foolishly. Her only hope is to take some responsibility for her decisions. It's the only way to change the outcome, otherwise it all just repeats for her.

happychimer
happychimer 12/08/12 - 10:41 pm
Willow she IS a victim, and I

Willow she IS a victim, and I hope she learns from this. I hope the boyfriend is kicked to the curb and punished in a court of law. I won't blame the victim. I blame the thief.

Grad rates show improvement by local school systems

Graduation rates in both Richmond and Columbia counties followed the statewide trend of slow and steady increases in 2014, although progress in individual schools varied greatly.