Crime & Courts

Richmond Co. | Columbia Co. | Aiken Co. |

1 dead, 1 hurt in Dublin Drive shooting

One person is dead and one injured after a shooting on Dublin Drive off Barton Chapel Road about 7:30 p.m. Saturday.

De’John Grant, 20, was pronounced dead at 8:03 p.m. from at least one gunshot wound, according to Deputy Coroner Kenneth Boose.

An autopsy is scheduled at the Georgia Bureau of Investigation Crime Lab in Atlanta on Monday, Boose said in an e-mail.

itsanotherday1
itsanotherday1 12/01/12 - 09:39 pm
When are the good and honest

When are the good and honest people stuck amid this culture of violence and lawlessness going to stand up and say NO MORE! ? It is their children and grandchildren at the core of the problem.

OpenCurtain
OpenCurtain 12/02/12 - 08:10 am
Section 8 IS, as Section 8 DOES

Is NOT a fair statement, but it quickly will come to mind for many.
While only a small percentage are the problem. The Larger percentage fail to report the problems.

Does this sound familiar?
Like Cherry Tree where the good stood on the Sidelines and let the few Bad run the place?

In the 1970's This area was good safe community with a large number of Military Personnel living there.

What Happen?
What caused this massive turn around in less that 1 generation?

single parent
single parent 12/02/12 - 08:09 am
Hmmmmm

I live in this area and I am really surprised it is only one. Look at the ages of the participates, yeah same old scenario. I cannot wait to hear the reason. These guys/girls do not give not one crap about the harm they might cause, they just do their thing any way they see fit. Then when the hammer comes down they want to cry and beg for mercy. I go in and out of this neighborhood at least 5 times a day and let me put it this way " NO side walks but you are not a car". They just walk in the street like they own it and if you say something you have 12 year olds pulling their shirt up producing a weapon. With that being said "THEY DO NOT DO IT TO ME AND SEVERAL OTHER ADULTS ONCE THE WORD GOT OUT" They get their rumps up on the grass and do not even make eye contact now! The 821-1080 is a joke, just a waste of gas for the city. We have complained about the things that go on here and nothing I mean nothing gets done. They show up give you some bullcrap story smile in your face and leave. I actually caught kids on camera and they never even approached them? As I type I just heard a shot from a hunter less than 50 yards from my window, really. Got tired of making that call last year and if I don't pay taxes I lose my property. Bottom line is it starts with the way the authority, housing or police, handle their business. You can read between the lines on that statement. It is what it is any way you slice it!

OpenCurtain
OpenCurtain 12/02/12 - 08:13 am
Ideal Location and Test Site

For Sheriff Roundtree's Community Policing.

Put a RCSO Sub Station in the community.

single parent
single parent 12/02/12 - 08:49 am
@opencurtain

Man you are 1000% correct! In the 70's this area was nice! My Dad retired here just for that reason, I as well stayed for that reason. Now? Geez! The bad part is a lot of the problem is coming from the children of the people I went to high school with or the children of the people that went to school in other areas of the city that were not so savy on disipline.
It does not help that our entire cultrural structure is being bombarded by un responsible media or should I say shock media. It is called programing no matter how you slice it. If lady gaga or little wayne tells the majority to do a flip, then guess what? You have glorified criminals banging words into our society at an alarming rate and we as a society are hard fought to defend it for some unknown reason saying it has noting to do with behavior. All I have to say on that issue is "NO CHILD IS BAD FROM THE BEGINNING!" It knows it is hungry and loud noises scares it, all else is learned. So when these so called experts scream it is only a youth, then they need to go back and realize the average child these days by the age of 7 ( being that 7 year old is not some sheltered recluse, which ends up just being a dumb criminal once they get exposed) is street smart and can teach a 50 year old a thing or two.
A city wants to have a starting point go back to random home visits with the assisted tenants as well radar those that are repeated trouble makers. Assisted tenants, that is my tax dollars, so yes I want my money watched and my investment needs to work not fail! I say this because like the other ">>>>>HOMEOWNERS<<<<<<" on my street and area, why is it we DO NOT have this problem coming from our home? My grass always cut, yard neat, no old cars on the street, no kids toys all over, blinds or curtains up to the window, 7 dogs but cannot seem to buy your own food, talking on a cell phone so I can hear you half a block away, police at my house 3 times a month, 20 people on my porch and people in and out at all hours of the night in which nobody has a job and my favorite; three nice cars rimmed down and nobody in the household can even spell job!
Opencurtain only thing the substation does is let the bad element know exactly where they are, especially if the people at the substation are not doing the job. FYI I was one of those in Aiken county and I resigned due to that fact!

AutumnLeaves
AutumnLeaves 12/02/12 - 02:10 pm
Sheriff's substation...

Sheriff Substation did NOT WORK in a nearby neighborhood. Blatant drug trafficking/buying continued and other accessory crimes. If you were not black and complained you were deemed a racist and worse. "Weed and Seed" program we formed did not work either. Moses Todd and Reverend Hankerson and other good citizens spent long hours contributing time, energy, leadership to the area which helped for awhile but it slid back downhill. Where I lived had the same problems and we fought the problems in every legal and honest way possible, but we finally gave up and moved, but apparently not far enough away. Same problems come and go in this area, too. My chiildren are all high achievers, have won academic scholarships to prestigious colleges, and one of their main reasons for not going to college in Augusta was CRIME!

tanbaby
tanbaby 12/02/12 - 02:59 pm
what caused this massive turn

what caused this massive turn around in one generation????? free handouts from the government and no consequences for your actions....

Kettle donations rise in 2014