Crime & Courts

Richmond Co. | Columbia Co. | Aiken Co. |

Who's leaving dog heads on rural Georgia porch?

HULL, Ga. -- Four days have passed and no more severed dog heads have been left on the front porch where Zachary Osburn lives north of Athens.

For two days straight — Nov. 23-24 — the heads of dogs were found on the steps leading to the home where Osburn, his sister, and girlfriend all live in Madison County

Osburn called the Sheriff’s Office, which sent a deputy to investigate the bizarre matter, but the motive for someone leaving the heads, or even how the dogs died, is a mystery.

“My landlord told me if it happens one more time he’ll get a security camera and if we find out who is doing it, we’ll see to it that charges are filed,” the 20-year-old Osburn said Thursday.

On Nov. 23, Osburn’s sister was leaving for work when she saw the head of a black dog at the foot of the steps. The sister owns a black dog and initially thought it belonged to her canine.

“My sister didn’t even go to work the first night because she was so shook up about it,” he said, explaining that his sister refused to take a close look at the head.

The sister’s dog was later found alive and well.

The next day, Osburn said that when he was leaving for work he found another dog’s head on the steps.

Because both heads were positioned at the steps while someone was still inside the house, this prompts Osburn to believe it is someone in his neighborhood who could observe his home.

“We’re keeping our eyes out and our ears open to see if we hear someone out there,” Osburn said. “It won’t be a good day for that person because I was very, very angry at the second one to say the least.”

itsanotherday1
itsanotherday1 11/30/12 - 10:15 am
This person has to be

This person has to be mentally deficient. A normal person couldn't do this, even if the dog was dead from other causes.

InChristLove
InChristLove 11/30/12 - 10:17 am
Totally agreed

Totally agreed Itsanotherday1! This is sick.

Tullie
Tullie 11/30/12 - 10:20 am
Would not wait

I would not wait on my landlord. I would get my own security camera since the landlord wants to wait to see if it happens again.

That is just horrible.

bdouglas
bdouglas 11/30/12 - 10:47 am
Left by Alabama football

Left by Alabama football fans?

GiantsAllDay
GiantsAllDay 11/30/12 - 11:06 am
Maybe

Maybe the guy tried to get out of a contract with Michael or Vito Corlene.

soapy_725
soapy_725 11/30/12 - 11:42 am
BOOOOOOO!!!!!

BAMA is a class school. Not a party school like GA. Roll Tide.

Something this weird is personal. Someone in that house has issues with other acquaintances. The word b_____ comes to mind.

daphne3520
daphne3520 11/30/12 - 12:12 pm
KSL
KSL 11/30/12 - 03:25 pm
Psychopath?

Psychopath?

PUPPYMOMMA
PUPPYMOMMA 11/30/12 - 03:45 pm
This article made my stomach

This article made my stomach churn. There are sick individuals in this world. I hope the dogs weren't carved up specifically for this purpose. I would do my own security camera/stakeout as Tully suggested.

allhans
allhans 11/30/12 - 11:39 pm

bdouglas
bdouglas 12/01/12 - 01:38 am
@PUPPYMOMMA Exactly what

@PUPPYMOMMA Exactly what "purpose" could they have been carved up for that would make it better? Seems to me no matter the purpose it's still pretty sick...

Tullie
Tullie 12/01/12 - 06:24 am
bdouglas said:

I think she meant that she hoped that the person doing this was not killing the dogs to do this. That he/she cut the head off of dogs that were already dead and did this.

They could work in a vet's office or these poor dogs could be road kill, something like that.

I hope they catch the person soon, this is the type that moves on to people somewhere along the line.

LillyfromtheMills
LillyfromtheMills 12/01/12 - 11:33 am
KSL

I'm curious - who is this thumps down person?

itsanotherday1
itsanotherday1 12/01/12 - 09:08 pm
Lilly, look for someone who

Lilly, look for someone who doesn't post much but has an abundance of points. That will narrow it down to a few. It is a democrat because they do the same thing to a lot of the more conservative posters. The can say "the sky is blue today" and get a couple of thumbs down. Very juvenile behavior, but I am not surprised considering the democrat mentality.

Developer fined by Georgia EPD

The developer of a Grovetown subdivision has been fined by the Georgia Environmental Protection Division for failing to control erosion and other water quality control violations.