Rifles stolen from Atlanta train boxcar

Friday, Nov. 30, 2012 9:06 AM
Last updated 6:42 PM

ATLANTA — Authorities say they’re searching for dozens of rifles stolen from a train car somewhere in metro Atlanta.

Atlanta station WSB-TV reports that more than 100 rifles were taken in the heist from a CSX boxcar.

CSX Corp. spokesman Gary Sease told the TV station the company is cooperating with law enforcement to recover the weapons.

Sease declined to say when or where the thefts occurred. A CSX statement said the company is working with law enforcement officers on the thefts in what the company called “a rigorous investigation led by them.”

CSX representatives did not immediately return phone calls from The Associated Press early Friday.

Jacksonville, Fla.-based CSX Corp. has a rail network which includes about 21,000 miles of track in 23 states.

OpenCurtain
OpenCurtain 11/30/12 - 10:42 am
Too well informed

We are not getting the full story here.

Rail shipments tend to be to Government Depots, or factory to other other nations government depot, or DOD to DOD transfers.
All with GPS trackers mixed into the shipments. Then we are generally speaking Full Auto and other types of Military weapons, that number in the 1000's of per shipment.

One (1) Very Possible Alternative.
Walmart has a Large Distribution facility up I-85N about 40 miles outside Atlanta. An "For Some Reason" People are buying a lot of registered firearms since the election.

Hint: Private purchases are safer if you are so worried.

A point to ponder
Is it a group looking to make a stand if need be, or a group of Thugs arming downtown Atlanta?

Jane18
Jane18 11/30/12 - 12:26 pm
Theft of Rifles

An inside job? Of course! Offer a reward that no one could turn down....................

rebellious
20170
rebellious 11/30/12 - 02:47 pm
Ask me no questions

and I'll tell you no lies. Cobalt and me were nowhere near this place!

OpenCurtain
OpenCurtain 11/30/12 - 03:33 pm
Rebellious

Did you & CG manage to fill my order yet?
;-)

Sweet son
Sweet son 11/30/12 - 05:02 pm
@ All of the rest of you!

Not much info in the story! I am sure you are like me and want to know if they were basic 22's or something exotic like anything full automatic!

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 12/01/12 - 07:37 am
I Think

it was a slick cover up operation by the "Fast and Furious" Gang.

Riverman1
Riverman1 12/01/12 - 08:20 am
Weird

This is like a movie. Group behind it? Open Curtain is on the right track...no pun intended.

wayne2410
wayne2410 12/01/12 - 08:39 am
I would hope it was

I would hope it was conservatives, we are going to need all the weapons and ammo we can get before all is said and done. But this seems more like the type of thing a certain block of Obama voters would do, if you know what I mean.

seenitB4
seenitB4 12/01/12 - 09:17 am
hah

I got mine!

Grovetown escapees captured

Two inmates who escaped the Grovetown Department of Public Safety Detention Center late Friday are back in police custody, officials said.