Crime & Courts

Richmond Co. | Columbia Co. | Aiken Co. |

Motorist flagged down, robbed

Wednesday, Nov. 28, 2012 11:25 AM
Last updated 2:55 PM

An Augusta woman told deputies she was robbed at gunpoint Tuesday morning after she refused to give a ride to a man on Greene Street.

According to a sheriff’s office incident report, a black man flagged the 30-year-old woman down about 8:50 a.m. at the intersection of Greene and Eve streets and asked for a ride to a gas station.

Police said the woman told the man she was uncomfortable giving a ride to a stranger. She was trying to drive away when the man tried to open her car door. The man then pulled out a handgun, pointed it at her and demanded money.

The woman told deputies the man ran away after she handed him $4.

Just My Opinion
Just My Opinion 11/28/12 - 12:28 pm
I'm sure this woman would've

I'm sure this woman would've been robbed, or worse, even if she did give the guy a ride.

Conservative Man
Conservative Man 11/28/12 - 12:54 pm
Greene and Eve?..

....why am I not surprised.....

J R
J R 11/29/12 - 10:56 pm
Wise UP!

Surely by now one would know after living in Augusta five minutes NEVER stop downtown, Harrisburg (in this case) or anywhere else on earth to find out what a rascal wants!

Tell me you didn't stop!

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 11/28/12 - 02:30 pm
J R

I don't think you will make countyman's acceptance list.

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 11/28/12 - 02:32 pm
Didn't Realize

this was your first post, sorry. You may not know what I am talking about.

dichotomy
31993
dichotomy 11/29/12 - 12:42 am
Yep, in Augusta if someone

Yep, in Augusta if someone trys to flag you down you steer toward them until either they jump in the ditch or you knock them into the ditch and then you floor it and get the heck out of there.

JRC2024
JRC2024 11/29/12 - 09:32 am
Dichotomy, I think that would

Dichotomy, I think that would be anywhere when you are in areas with run down houses and people on the street that look like they do not work.

didyaronamus
didyaronamus 11/29/12 - 05:47 pm
My neck of the woods.

That's in my neck of the woods, Harrisburg. We have cut down on a lot of crime in our neighborhood. Wish we could drop crime on the spot if you get my meaning.

J R
J R 11/30/12 - 09:39 pm
CobaltGeorge

what does the countyman's acceptance list mean?