2 robbed by man who offered to help fix car

Saturday, Nov. 24, 2012 9:46 PM
Last updated 11:08 PM

Two men were robbed at gunpoint by a man who offered to help fix their car Friday evening.

About 7:30 p.m., two men were working on a car in the 1500 block of Koger Street when a man walked up and asked if they needed help, a Richmond County Sheriff’s report said.

When the men refused the offer, the stranger pulled out a black pistol and told them to empty their pockets.

He got away with a cellphone, car keys and $40, the report said.

rebellious
20916
rebellious 11/25/12 - 02:46 am
Feel the Love

Just more evidence of a kinder, gentler nation and city. Yes Sir, I look forward to the future, with 38 special in pocket just in case.

Police ask: "What did he look like?"

Me: "Let's go see, he fell right between these two cars over here, and I need to get my cellphone, keys and $40 back"

jmo
jmo 11/25/12 - 03:12 am
I guess

I guess he got mad because they refused his "help".

itsanotherday1
itsanotherday1 11/25/12 - 09:16 am
Legal question

Since he got the drop on them; what if one of the vics had a pistol in his back pocket, pulled it and popped him in the back of the head as he walked away? (ala rebellious' scene).

Is that a crime?

OpenCurtain
OpenCurtain 11/25/12 - 09:51 am
Guideline on capping ARMED Criminals

In the head. Facing you OK, Side of Head OK,

When his his back to you, Just think creatively.

Remember to file with the local Crime Victims relief fund for the cost of the AMMO costs, lost of income and etc...

gargoyle
gargoyle 11/25/12 - 03:47 pm
Scope of threat

Has long as the victim is in range of the implement of intimadation they are still in danger, no one can read a criminals mind.Victims should have the right to defend has long as the threat exists. A criminal can turn and fire a pistol at extended distance not so much with a pen knife

Riverman1
Riverman1 11/26/12 - 09:08 am
I'd answer this way. When I

I'd answer this way. When I saw his gun, I pulled mine and took aim, he turned in a ducking motion and I fired hitting him in the back of the head. I was afraid he would whirl back and fire at me.... And, you know, seriously, it's all the truth.

Heck, the DA in Richmond Cty has been very lenient in these type incidents. Remember the old guy who shot and killed the teen breaking in his shed in the yard? The soldier who fired his weapon as the burglar was in his back yard, returning to take more from his house? Neither of them was charged.