Crime & Courts

Richmond Co. | Columbia Co. | Aiken Co. |

Stolen credit card numbers linked to Somewhere in Augusta customers

Monday, Nov. 5, 2012 3:51 PM
Last updated 7:53 PM

Richmond County investigators are looking into reports of credit card numbers being stolen from Somewhere in Augusta.

Investigator Joshua Faison said a bank notified the sheriff’s office that several customers complained of fraudulent transactions and had used their cards at the Washington Road bar and restaurant.

Faison said it does not appear that anyone locally is stealing the information. Investigators suspect the theft is coming from the company that processes the credit cards.

Investigators do not have a time period for when the thefts occurred.

Anyone who has been victimized is advised to contact their bank or credit card company and file a police report.

Comments (3)

Little Lamb
Little Lamb 11/05/12 - 05:00 pm

Break

I'm glad I stopped going to eat there. It wasn't that the food or drinks were bad; it was just that I couldn't get waited on.

OpenCurtain
OpenCurtain 11/06/12 - 08:09 am

So we are to believe

That the bank feels fraudulent transactions seemed to be focused at the Washington Road bar and restaurant. But the Investigators suspect the theft is coming from the company that processes the credit cards???????

This only requires brief thought to tear apart..
This would mean the processing company is only using card numbers from a certain location, instead of 1,000,000's of others?

soapy_725
soapy_725 11/06/12 - 09:42 am

Where is Detective Goren....

when we need him? Analytical reasoning is not a part of No Child Left Behind curriculum.

We can't place any blame on a local watering hole or anyone specific. That's not PC.

No need for the public to be alarmed. SC will assist in the investigation.

soapy_725
soapy_725 11/06/12 - 09:44 am

Somewhere in Augusta

Citizens are being defrauded each and every day. Defrauded by those they have entrusted with their lives and fortunes.

gargoyle
gargoyle 11/06/12 - 12:27 pm

Having my identity stolen has

Having my identity stolen has been a eye opener, a gift that keeps on giving and I havent had a dollar stolen yet ! The two big suprises were a felony DUI charge and the use of my health insurance.From now on I must recheck medical records to make sure they have the correct information, the last script picked up at the pharmacy I was asked how long would I staying in Augusta and if they should change my home address.The DUI charge took over three months to clear up and now a letter from the Atty. General must be carried or I might end up in hand cuffs in other states. My ID is so screwed up that I can't tell who has what info.