Crime & Courts

Richmond Co. | Columbia Co. | Aiken Co. |

Gamecock fan faces obscenity charge

Monday, Oct. 15, 2012 8:48 AM
Last updated 6:39 PM

BATON ROUGE, La. — Baton Rouge police arrested and booked a 34-year-old South Carolina fan after he mooned fans at the LSU-South Carolina game Saturday night.

The Advocate reports police were called to section 409 of Tiger Stadium after fans complained about a man with his pants hanging below his waist, using vulgar language.

While police were escorting him down the stairs to question him, an affidavit says Charles Hattaway of Charleston, S.C., pulled his pants down and mooned the crowd.

Police booked Hattaway on one count of obscenity, a misdemeanor.

Little Lamb
Little Lamb 10/15/12 - 08:00 am
Nawlins

I thought flashing was acceptable behavior in Louisiana. I guess it's only a problem if someone complains.

Insider Information
Insider Information 10/15/12 - 08:21 am
First of all, LSU is in Baton

First of all, LSU is in Baton Rouge and not New Orleans.

Second, there are lots of kids (and plenty of adults) at LSU games who don't want to see a grown man's naked rear end.

bill cass
bill cass 10/15/12 - 11:20 am
Sex Offender

The next time someone talks about a "registered sex offender" realize it could be this guy. Just saying.

Insider Information
Insider Information 10/15/12 - 12:46 pm
@ bill cass

Good point.

I mean what kind of sicko gets some sort of twisted pleasure from exposing himself to little kids, families, college students and others?

Dan White 10/15/12 - 12:48 pm
not kid friendly

College football games are not kid friendly any more like they were when my dad used to take me to UGA games. Today, cursing, profanity, drunks, and profane T-shirts. Of course, these are the few which ruin it for those taking kids.

rmwhitley
rmwhitley 10/15/12 - 02:34 pm
Was that a quarter

or half moon?

Jake
Jake 10/15/12 - 05:10 pm
Seat Cushion

This is clearly a case of mistaken identity. The man apparently had a seat cushion with Spurrier's likeness on it glued to the back of his shorts.

YeCats
YeCats 10/15/12 - 07:44 pm
It's good, that laws are

It's good, that laws are being enforced. There is some history, where an LSU fan was victimized (not at the stadium), and this business should never happen. If you can't handle your drink, you should pay the price. Good on the fans complaining, boooo on that fan.

Retired Army
Retired Army 10/15/12 - 10:26 pm
Well, this is an obvious case

Well, this is an obvious case of a Gamecock fan trying to make a point when his team couldn't.

rebellious
rebellious 10/15/12 - 11:37 pm
An Oxymoron?

Like Jumbo Shrimp
liquid smoke
man child
Icy Hot
Shabby chic
RUBBER CEMENT
non-alcoholic beer
holy war
good grief

Isn't a Gamecock fan Obscene ...by definition?

Jake...I LMAO on your comment. That's funny, I don't care who you are...

allhans
allhans 10/16/12 - 01:03 am
Hey guys. I'm not a Gamecock

Hey guys. I'm not a Gamecock fan , but I have nothing but admiration for sTeve Spurrier..used to hate him...now I think he is the best thing going in S.C.
I wish GA Tech had him.

shrimp for breakfast
shrimp for breakfast 10/16/12 - 03:10 am
Rebellious

I think the best oxymoron to describe this guy is Pretty Ugly!
I'm sure alcohol was invoved. If not this guy is a Moron. Maybe even an oxymoron!

rebellious
rebellious 10/16/12 - 04:49 am
Or

A Maroon. Or an Oxymaroon.

Georgia Regents' hospital plan chosen