Crime & Courts

Richmond Co. | Columbia Co. | Aiken Co. |

Trespassers, armed with sword, seen near Hephzibah home

Friday, Oct. 5, 2012 11:45 AM
Last updated 3:49 PM

A Hephzibah woman found a couple, armed with a sword, lurking in her backyard Friday morning.

According to a Richmond County Sheriff’s Office report, the 30-year-old was alerted after she heard her dog barking around 4:50 a.m.

She found a man with a skull cap and a woman lurking near the shed in the backyard of her home in the 2900 block of Ulm Road. After she demanded they leave, police said, the man pulled the sword from a bag on his back and said, “If you call the cops, I’ll be waiting on you.”

The couple ran along a trail at the rear of the property, leaving behind several empty bags.

Dixieman
Dixieman 10/05/12 - 11:56 am
Um

Ninja trespassers?

dichotomy
dichotomy 10/05/12 - 12:00 pm
When he pulled the sword I

When he pulled the sword I would have dropped him in where he stood.

CABoatright
CABoatright 10/05/12 - 02:18 pm
Headline would've read:

"Dichotomy shoots trespasser armed with sword....who in their right mind would go to a gunfight with a sword???'

Tullie
Tullie 10/06/12 - 05:07 am
Pulled a Sword...

Who runs around with a sword? Weird story, I don't know about some of these folks we have around here.

Guess I need to start walking around armed 24/7 in the house and in the yard.

Never know what you will meet when you are going out early to get the paper or something out of the shed to work in the yard.

Techfan
Techfan 10/06/12 - 06:24 am
Never a good idea to bring a

Never a good idea to bring a sword to a gunfight.

seenitB4
seenitB4 10/06/12 - 06:45 am
Now I know...

I now know why property is selling at $25,000 a house on Ulm Rd.

BamaFanNGa
BamaFanNGa 10/06/12 - 07:00 am
Preppers

These two were probably members of the local Zombie Hunter Group. They're doing their "civic duty" by checking the shed for miscreant undead.

Grandpa Jones
Grandpa Jones 10/06/12 - 12:20 pm
Going outside at 4:50am to

Going outside at 4:50am to see what your dog is barking about? Even with a weapon, it isn't the smartest move you can make.

Tullie
Tullie 10/06/12 - 11:49 am
Grandpa

When our dogs are outside and bark we always see what is going on. First of all, I can't stand a dog that barks constantly and I want to get them back in the house to stop the noise. I can't control other people's dogs barking but I can mine.

Second of all, I want to make sure they are ok too. We have snakes around here, I want to make sure they don't see one of them.

I am not going to call the police everytime it is dark outside and they are out there barking. It might not be smart but that's the way we roll :)

Grandpa Jones
Grandpa Jones 10/06/12 - 12:19 pm
Tullie

Tullie, Good points. I haven't had a dog in over 18 years. Thanks for reminding me why I don't need to get another one. LOL.

Tullie
Tullie 10/06/12 - 05:30 pm
Grandpa

:0)

Dogs can be a pain in the rear. But the love they give you more than makes up for it, that is what they say anyway.