Crime & Courts

Richmond Co. | Columbia Co. | Aiken Co. |

Augusta man accused of damaging Camaro of girlfriend's guest

Wednesday, Oct. 3, 2012 11:26 AM
Last updated 2:47 PM

An Augusta man who discovered an early-morning guest at his girlfriend’s home is facing criminal charges.

Theron Wilson  SPECIAL
SPECIAL
Theron Wilson

According to Richmond County sheriff’s Sgt. Dan Carrier, Benjamin Franklin Jackson, 31, was visiting the 32-year-old woman at her home in the 2200 block of Woodard Avenue about 3:30 a.m. Wednesday when her boyfriend came home.

Jackson slipped out a side door and hid in the woods, where he said he watched as Theron R. Wilson, 40, drove Jackson’s 1989 Chevrolet Camaro into a ditch and then fired five shots into the hood of the car.

Wilson, an employee of the Richmond County Department of Recreation, Parks and Facilities, was booked into the Richmond County jail on charges of theft by taking motor vehicle, criminal damage to property and possession of a gun during the commission of a crime.

MarinerMan
MarinerMan 10/03/12 - 10:40 am
I Want to See the 6 'clock News Version of This

"Visting" @ 3:30 AM ? Coming home @ 3:30 AM ? Don't all three of you have to be @ work in the morning ? We are talking about a weeknight...

Bubba
Bubba 10/03/12 - 10:41 am
Bubba says...

does it seem like she was worth it now, while you cool your heels in the pokey? He'll probably lose his job, have to pay for the Camaro damage, and might do some time over the totality of the offenses. Cut her loose bro. There's other fish.

Little Lamb
Little Lamb 10/03/12 - 10:41 am
Overnight

I guess Jackson had to spend the night there, since his car was damaged and in the ditch.

Little Lamb
Little Lamb 10/03/12 - 10:55 am
Mug Shots

It looks like the Augusta Recreation Department T-shirts are the same shade of orange as the prison jumpsuits. How convenient.

showboat
showboat 10/03/12 - 12:07 pm
Stupid!!!!!

Stupid!!!!!

Willow Bailey
20605
Willow Bailey 10/03/12 - 04:18 pm
My good friend who is also

My good friend who is also an attorney told me years ago that carrying a weapon can get you in a lot of trouble if you have a quick temper. I have found that to be be excellent advice.

harley_52
harley_52 10/03/12 - 06:20 pm
" I have found that to be be excellent advice."

So, you have a quick temper? I hadn't noticed.

Did your lawyer friend also mention that it could also save your life and the lives of others who might be in danger?

palmetto1008
palmetto1008 10/03/12 - 07:34 pm
Theoretically possible,

Theoretically possible, Harley. But you do know the greater likelihood of shooting yourself, a familly member, or acquaintance ...e.ther accidentally or intentionally

Willow Bailey
20605
Willow Bailey 10/03/12 - 08:03 pm
Haha, harley. No, he was

Haha, harley. No, he was against guns, but my daddy overcame him. I do carry, but not at all times. And as to my temper, my husband might disagree on occasion and so could a few posters, I am sure:)

shrimp for breakfast
shrimp for breakfast 10/03/12 - 10:56 pm
What a dumb dude

Let's see 3am, man visiting another man's woman. Man comes home, other man hides in woods while 1st man drives car into dirch then busts five caps into the hood.
I'm sorry but I find this story so funny that I e-mailed to a friend of mine so he could have a laugh.
There are some really stupid people in this world and they never cease to crack me up with their ludicrious behavior!

Ruckus
Ruckus 10/04/12 - 12:26 am
SMH

Whats Love got to do with it. Tina Turner

tanbaby
tanbaby 10/04/12 - 03:15 am
work???? job??????? who are

work???? job??????? who are you kidding?????

JRC2024
JRC2024 10/04/12 - 08:27 am
What a dummie. Now get on the

What a dummie. Now get on the chain gang and do your job cleaning up the streets and parks.

Mayor's race historic, controversial

Hardie Davis is still waiting to take office after winning a mayoral race that featured no white candidates and saw one of his opponents drop out the day before the election.