Waitresses fight over tables, tips

Tuesday, Sept. 11, 2012 12:55 AM
Last updated 1:38 AM

A waitress told police she wanted to file charges after brawling with a co-worker at TGI Friday’s on Washington Road.

The 21-year-old said another waitress got angry because she felt she was not getting good tables and was losing tips, according to a Richmond County Sheriff’s incident report.

The argument turned physical and the complainant said the the other waitress hit her on the head and pulled her hair several times.

According to the report, the fight was recorded on the business’ security camera.

albertoli
albertoli 09/11/12 - 11:56 am
There is no place on the map

There is no place on the map like Augusta, GA. Classy.

Common.sense
Common.sense 09/11/12 - 03:13 am
Way to keep it classy ladies

Way to keep it classy ladies ... and albertoli.

Your comment is mildly offensive. I have tattoos and like Nascar. There are millions of adults in professional environments that have tattoos and like Nascar. Guess what? They are better than you.

livepura
livepura 09/11/12 - 03:48 am
What is the point? There are

What is the point? There are just as many people that fight that are members of an elite country club and likes golf that fight as well so quit with the stereotypes!

tanbaby
tanbaby 09/11/12 - 03:54 am
i agree with you common

i agree with you common sense...nothing wrong with tattoos and Nascar...people just need to learn how to act in public. last i checked, you were supposed to be an adult at 21....learn to behave like one...

jmo
jmo 09/11/12 - 04:08 am
What will you have?

I'll have an order or wings and a "ringside" table.

RoadkiII
RoadkiII 09/11/12 - 04:17 am
meow.......rowaaar.... hiss

meow.......rowaaar.... hiss hiss.....meeeeoooooowwww

Ruckus
Ruckus 09/11/12 - 05:07 am
Nascar

Thats why I eat at Hooters. Good wings and better looking waitresses.

soapy_725
soapy_725 09/11/12 - 05:48 am
We'll have a dinner and a show please.

And a side order of hair with our entree. Dining in River City can truly be a one of a kind experience. Thank Goodness Its Friday, somewhere.

soapy_725
soapy_725 09/11/12 - 05:50 am
Wasn't this on late night Cinemax?

The entire restaurant became awe struck adult spectators.

augustarookie
augustarookie 09/11/12 - 05:54 am
huh

Hooters has food?

proudgunowner
proudgunowner 09/11/12 - 06:29 am
Anybody looking for a job. I

Anybody looking for a job. I hear that Friday's has a couple of job openings.

Tullie
Tullie 09/11/12 - 06:36 am
The me generation

This is what happens when the me generation gets out in the world. They think everything is theirs, should be handed to them, wants what everyone else has. They think they have a right to take from others as well. What a brat.

I also think some of the above comments were rude and nasty. The one that started it was the one out of control. Why was it necessary to bring in NASCAR and tattoos?

I have been in there before, the waitresses are very pleasant and nice. No need to be negative about them. And no, none of them are my family or anything :P

beboisme
beboisme 09/11/12 - 07:51 am
"She Works Hard For The

"She Works Hard For The Money, So Hard for The Money!"

seenitB4
seenitB4 09/11/12 - 07:56 am
What..

Why is it we don't hear of 2 male waiters fighting over tips??

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 09/11/12 - 08:03 am
What We See

sometimes shouldn't be spoken or commented on. Even though what we see is most often the truth and facts, there are many who find truth and facts offensive.

Ashleyn1
Ashleyn1 09/11/12 - 08:23 am
albertoli 09/11/12 - 02:28

albertoli 09/11/12 - 02:28 am
"There is no place on the map like Augusta, GA. I bet at least one of them has a tattoo, and at least one of them likes NASCAR. Maybe both of both."

^This makes me slightly angry. I agree Augusta has some issues...but I DO NOT agree that NASCAR or TATTOOS has anything to do with it. You should go visit New Jersey, San Francisco, NY...there are definitely worse places on the "map". It's total ignorance, greed and a lack of education and proper raising that causes these kinds of things. I am 32, a single mom, have tattoos and love NASCAR...I am an administrative assistant and am very educated. The fact that I have a tattoo or like Nascar has nothing to do with my abilities to function like a normal, working class human being. Prior to having an education and the current job I have I WAS a waitress and I would have NEVER fought with any other waitresses over tables or tips. That being said...I sure hope they punish the nit wit that decided she "deserved" more than she was "earning".

OpenCurtain
OpenCurtain 09/11/12 - 08:52 am
To the waitress stop, close your eyes, an then imagine

you saw someone else doing this. Now encapsulate that moment for generations to come. Tweet, Myspace, Youtube it, Blog it and Facebook it with a few added OMG's.

Now you are immortal, stupid looking, but immortal .

Any chance of posting the video?

David Parker
David Parker 09/11/12 - 08:53 am
Let he who hath never watched

Let he/she who hath never watched mindless TV cast the first tattoo joke

JRC2024
JRC2024 09/11/12 - 08:56 am
Getting in a fight was not

Getting in a fight was not good and is not the quality of a person with decent character. As far as tats are concerned it had no relation to the article but I would not want my daughter or son if I had one to have a tat in a place that can be seen.

MarinerMan
MarinerMan 09/11/12 - 09:18 am
Waitress Fights - A Very Classy Place

Probably would have to review the tape, and then toss the instigator (sp?) -- NO TIPS ! Yes, alas, she was probably not brought up to understand that you have to earn what you have. No free lunch. I have no problem with ink, as long as you can cover it up with a dress shirt. Pants around your thighs with your underwear showing, I'll never tolerate. @Ashelyn - I hope you are getting child support.

boomhauer
boomhauer 09/11/12 - 09:46 am
Wow, guess where I'm going

Wow, guess where I'm going for dinner tonight?

No_Longer_Amazed
No_Longer_Amazed 09/11/12 - 09:47 am
It's the "system's" fault.

When the wage is only about $2 an hour the TIPS become a very big portion of income, so I can see where table assignment can be a determining factor in how much in TIPS a waitress can earn.

Riverman1
Riverman1 09/11/12 - 09:51 am
If they promise to have

If they promise to have another hair pulling episode, I'll buy lunch there and leave a nice tip.

soapy_725
soapy_725 09/11/12 - 10:32 am
Why don't they pool the tips and divide...

this operation of someone other that your server bringing food and doesn't know who it belongs to is worthy of the dreaded 1 cent tip.

It confuses seniors who want to hand deliver tips for excellent service.

My server should be the one following my order throughout. Class, but the class is out.

A great movie had con men who set their table cloth on fire and as folks evacuates, the collected all of the tips and got a free meal.

happychimer
happychimer 09/11/12 - 10:42 am
What does child support have

What does child support have to do with this?

kiwiinamerica
kiwiinamerica 09/11/12 - 11:39 am
Albertoli is correct

Tattoos + NASCAR = white trash.

Oh and Ashelyn, that term has nothing to do with how much money you have or the type of job you hold down. It's a state of mind. The Kardashians are rich white trash.

rebellious
rebellious 09/11/12 - 11:43 am
Not All

Not all Tattooed NASCAR fans get into fights over tips, but all waitresses who get into fights over tips are tattooed NASCAR fans.

Come on folks lighten up. As Larry the Cable Guy would say "Now thatz funny, I don't care who you are".

Why do we look for reasons to be angry or "Offended"? If it wasn't you in the catfight, chuckle and move on. If it was you, be thankful the article didn't name names.

stillamazed
stillamazed 09/11/12 - 02:11 pm
Does the waitress even like NASCAR?????

This isn't about tattoos or NASCAR, it is about an individual showing how obviously ignorant she is. I agree with Tullie about a me generation...table assignments are just that, and unless the hostess is seating more people in one area over another then she has no complaint and she certainly cannot blame another waitress over her lack of tips. Like they say folks, ignorance is bliss......it must be true as much of it as we all see.

palmetto1008
palmetto1008 09/11/12 - 03:54 pm
The folks arguing between

The folks arguing between each other on here and inferring what caused this tussel (the "me" generation???) are just as entertaining as the little hair-pulling incident must have been to watch.

harley_52
harley_52 09/11/12 - 07:47 pm
I Wouldn't Take This...

....as some kind of indicator that Augusta is somehow worse, more hickish, or in any other way substandard to any other place in America. I guarantee you this kind of stuff happens everywhere.

My question is how this kind of thing makes it to the pages of the local newspaper. Doesn't TGI Fridays have a manager? If they did, he should be looking for a new job about now. If he/she has so little control over the employees and handles employee disagreements by calling the Sheriff.....he/she should be doing something else for a living.....like running for public office maybe.

Azziz is finalist for UNLV presidency

Ricardo Azziz, who has been mentioned in the past for other open university positions in Florida and Texas, is one of three finalists for the position.