Crime & Courts

Richmond Co. | Columbia Co. | Aiken Co. |

Augusta man charged with beating girlfriend with baseball bat

Monday, Aug 13, 2012 12:00 PM
Last updated 9:40 PM

An Augusta man is in custody after police said he beat his girlfriend with a baseball bat.

Evans Tutt  SPECIAL
SPECIAL
Evans Tutt

According to Richmond County sheriff’s Lt. Blaise Dresser, Evans Tutt, 27, was arguing with his girlfriend at her home on Gary Circle around 8 a.m. Saturday when he began hitting her with his fist.

The 41-year-old woman’s two children, ages 15 and 23, attempted to intervene with a baseball bat. Dresser said Tutt hit the victim’s children, took the bat and began beating his girlfriend with it.

The woman suffered a broken arm and bruising, according to investigators.

Tutt was booked into the Richmond County jail on charges of aggravated battery, cruelty to children in the third degree and simple battery.

kiwiinamerica
kiwiinamerica 08/13/12 - 12:16 pm
The model family unit.

The model family unit.

Beautiful.

Willow Bailey
20602
Willow Bailey 08/13/12 - 02:47 pm
I'm with you, High. Also, I

I'm with you, High. Also, I hope she will NOT reconcile with him under any circumstances, if not for her sake, for her children's. I could never have put up with anyone hurting my mother.

Jeepster2001
Jeepster2001 08/13/12 - 03:25 pm
Question Here ?

I agree with you both. However, what is a 41 year-old, who has 23 year-old child, running around with a 27 year-old ? And reemember, it takes a REAL man to use a baseball bat on his girlfriend -- NOT !! Worthless piece of dung... Hopefully, he'll be in jail for a long time.

Tullie
Tullie 08/13/12 - 03:34 pm
How depressing..

I feel so sorry for her and her children. What a nightmare that had to have been to go through..I can't even imagine.

Seems like everyday we are reading here about men beating women and children.

itsanotherday1
itsanotherday1 08/13/12 - 03:40 pm
I can assure you; when I was

I can assure you; when I was 15 I could have put him down with one swing of the bat, and would have under the same circumstances. Not disrespecting the two sons, I'm sure they were scared and tentative.

grinder48
1976
grinder48 08/13/12 - 03:58 pm
A Real Man

It takes a "real man" to beat up a woman and her children with a bat! He needs to be put away where other inmates can use a bat to "have their way with him"! And I agree with the comments above about this 41 y/o woman being with a 27 y/o male ... what's wrong with that woman! (of course that doesn't excuse the criminal but dang!)

GaStang22
GaStang22 08/14/12 - 02:40 am
I hope she recovers ok and at least had a wake up call!

I will still never understand why women date, much less subject their children to these criminal waste of flesh boyfriends. Its horrible she had to go through this but if she see's now her children and herself deserve better and never put any of themselves in the position of being around a loser like this again, this negative can be turned into a positive. No one deserves to go through this, especially children. Good luck to them. We can only hope the loser Tutt gets a dose of his own medicine.

KSL
KSL 08/14/12 - 06:26 am
I am a real movie fan. And I

I am a real movie fan. And I have just happened to see a couple of movies/and or TV series where baseball bats were the weapon of choice just in the last few days.

Wonder how many baseball bats are in the homes of potentially violent people? Do we need to somehow license owning a baseball bat? A bat, after all. can be a lethal weapon. Exactly how does a volunteer Little League coach handle this conundrum? Every player needs to bring his own registered bat? Time taken to make certain each player is using his own registered bat. (As I recall, those games were long enough already).

KSL
KSL 08/14/12 - 06:32 am
Ntote, he is 27 and she is

Ntote, he is 27 and she is 41. She has a 15 year old and a 23 year old.

KSL
KSL 08/14/12 - 06:36 am
8 AM? Talk about waking up on

8 AM? Talk about waking up on the wrong side of the bed. Or was he just totally rude visiting that early in the morning? Especially if he came to argue.

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 08/14/12 - 07:09 am
Yes KSL

That was the first thing that caught my eye when I read this crap.

CABoatright
CABoatright 08/14/12 - 07:16 am
High--I'm with you. Geez, at

High--I'm with you. Geez, at the tender age of 53, I'd take him out right now......with my registered bat!!

soapy_725
soapy_725 08/14/12 - 10:24 am
River City News Flash.....

just another day in the "government village" and is will not get better. Would using a new bat on an old bat be a defense?

lifelongresident
lifelongresident 08/16/12 - 02:05 pm
another barry's family...she

another barry's family...she will got to court and testifies "hows much sheez luvsbided him, and he's dont not means it to hit-ted me wit da bat"

Faces of Survival: Breast Cancer Awareness Month series

Breast cancer has touched thousands of families across the Augusta area. In honor of Breast Cancer Awareness Month in October, The Au­gus­ta Chronicle will be featuring ...