Crime & Courts

Richmond Co. | Columbia Co. | Aiken Co. |

Police looking for Krystal burglar

Wednesday, July 25, 2012 11:21 AM
Last updated 9:00 PM

Police are searching for someone who stole more than $200 worth of food from a Wrightsboro Road fast-food restaurant Tuesday morning.

According to a police report, employees arriving at Krystal, 3403 Wrightsboro Road discovered that someone had removed the padlock from an outdoor freezer overnight and stolen the food.

Police said the $127 worth of Krystal Chiks, $84 in chili topping, $18 in gravy, $16 in Krystal Pups and the padlock had been removed from the freezer.

allhans
allhans 07/25/12 - 11:53 am
Desperate?

Desperate?

YeCats
YeCats 07/25/12 - 11:59 am
Had to be. Or, easy pickings.

Had to be. Or, easy pickings.

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 07/25/12 - 12:04 pm
EBT

The EBT card must have run out.

omnomnom
omnomnom 07/25/12 - 12:12 pm
heartburn!

heartburn!

rebellious
20623
rebellious 07/25/12 - 12:25 pm
Checkin The Head

After he eats those pups with chili on them (butt rockets), the headline should read

Police are searching restrooms within the area for the culprit.

bdouglas
bdouglas 07/25/12 - 12:37 pm
I do love me a Krystal

I do love me a Krystal Chik...

lifelongresident
lifelongresident 07/25/12 - 02:20 pm
taken-um back to the

taken-um back to the projects, now he and his family can eat until next month when the ebt card....oh!!!! i am sorry it's called "snap" or "the obama card" get filled up again, then its steak, crablegs, ciggs, alcohol, and lottery for a few days

april65
april65 07/25/12 - 03:22 pm
I got the munchies reading it

I got the munchies reading it

HighSociety
HighSociety 07/25/12 - 07:35 pm
I feel sick now just knowing

I feel sick now just knowing someone else will be eating that many krystals. I guess the ol'sack full wasn't enough.

shrimp for breakfast
shrimp for breakfast 07/26/12 - 12:28 am
Lordy!

WhenI first read this I thought it said "Police looking for Krystal Burger."
Dang I'm dumb sometimes!

AutumnLeaves
AutumnLeaves 07/26/12 - 12:29 am
Yuk.

Yuk. Look in the cardiac unit at the hospital.

Just My Opinion
Just My Opinion 07/26/12 - 04:50 am
This is obviously a guy who

This is obviously a guy who was sick and tired of paying the high prices at Krystals! Anyone else remember when Krystals was the place to go for CHEAP little hamburgers? Now you go in there and it's expensive as all the other hamburger joints....and they aren't worth it!

shrimp for breakfast
shrimp for breakfast 07/26/12 - 06:17 am
Just my opinion

Yes I do remember going to Krystal's and getting a bunch of those little tasty burgers for a small amount of money. Now it's too expensive for me.
They have White Castle burgers in the frozen food section of Bi-lo. They taste just like Krystals but 6 little burgers are almost 5 bucks!

Techfan
Techfan 07/26/12 - 07:55 am
I did the same shrimp. These

I did the same shrimp. These old eyes just aren't what they used to be.

Georgialina
Georgialina 07/26/12 - 09:38 am
JMO

I too remember a sack full of Krystal's on a college student's budget. Those days are long gone. and don't ask for cheese on them. You have to take out a loan for that TINY piece of cheese. It is smaller that other chains cheese but they don't cut the price at all!

SPARKSTER83
SPARKSTER83 07/26/12 - 09:51 am
I THINK IF I WAS GOING TO

I THINK IF I WAS GOING TO STEAL FROM A RESTAURANT,I WOULD HAVE AT LEAST GONE FOR TBONES OR OUTBACK BUT KRYSTALS REALLY!!!! CAUSE YOU ARE GONNA GET CAUGHT ANYWAY,MAKE IT WORTH IT.CRIME IS CRIME!!!!!!

bruab
bruab 07/26/12 - 10:18 am
$18 in gravy?

No, I mean seriously... $18 worth of gravy!?!??

allhans
allhans 07/26/12 - 10:47 am
I don't see how they can stay

I don't see how they can stay in business. You can get a Whopper jr for almost the same price.
It seemed that about the same time Krystal began takings EBT cards, the prices went up.

DMPerryJr
DMPerryJr 07/26/12 - 12:36 pm
I Ate A Lot Of Burgers

from that Krystal on W'boro Rd. My late grandma, who was an invalid with whom I used to spend my summers, used to send me there often to get us a sack full. This was back before they built Augusta Mall and Baxby's gas station was right there at Mark's Church and Wrightsboro. Was the street next to Baxby's called Capp St? There was a junkyard there?

nocnoc
nocnoc 07/26/12 - 04:48 pm
Suspect description released.

Recent photo available at:

Description:
4 ft
100 lbs
age 40+
White male
Wearing mask, large rim hat and cape as a disguise.