Crime & Courts

Richmond Co. | Columbia Co. | Aiken Co. |

Man says he was attacked after honking horn

A 31-year-old man was punched and scratched in the face after he honked at a car that was not moving Saturday afternoon, a Richmond County sheriff’s report said.

Jason Lee Miles of Charleston, S.C., was at the stop light in front of Kroger on Wrightsboro Road around 2:15 p.m. When the light turned green and the car in front did not move. Miles honked his horn, he told police.

The report said two women got out of the car screaming and swearing at him. The passenger approached Miles’ passenger door and tried to open it. When she discovered it was locked, she reached in through the window and punched and scratched Miles. She then got something out of her car and threw it at his windshield, cracking it.

Miles followed the women to get their license plate number and called police. Deputies found the two women, who told them the windshield was broken by a metal bike peg and that Miles had thrown an orange at them, the report said.

KSL
KSL 07/21/12 - 10:51 pm
The number of humans turned

The number of humans turned savage is increasing exponentially.

GaStang22
GaStang22 07/21/12 - 11:33 pm
Just more reporting in the paper.

I wouldnt doubt it was the same witch that worked out a John Deer 10 years ago that did it to me over 1 quick toot. I thought she had car trouble because she almost caused an accident and was going to offer her my phone to use. She's lucky my window rolled up fast enough I didn't stab her in the face with the knife I grabbed when I seen her running towards me screaming. Cops said it was he said she said since no damage happened, so all I could do was hope karma gave her what she had coming. One day these lowlife wastes of flesh will meet the victim that ends their terrorism permanently.

PitchFork007
PitchFork007 07/22/12 - 12:37 am
Keep your self-defense tools close

This serves as just another daily reminder to HANG-UP and DRIVE instead of jaw-jacking into a cell-phone while sitting behind the wheel at a stop sign or red light turned green! The increasing number of humans turned savage is reason to keep
your long-handle lug-wrench or baseball-bat close and your
legal-carry tool for self-defense much closer when driving, especially here in Augusta.

Iwannakno
Iwannakno 07/22/12 - 01:04 am
He should have...

Shot their dumb behinds. Any idiot that gets out of their car and tries to assault someone deserves it if the victim pulls a gun and kills them.

owensjef3
owensjef3 07/22/12 - 06:15 am
Wow these are our ladies. It

Wow these are our ladies. It must be the heat.

nocnoc
nocnoc 07/22/12 - 06:20 am
Why

was the term Ladies used?

amgibson
amgibson 07/22/12 - 07:32 am
Why does this crap always

Why does this crap always happen to people who don't/won't fight back. I don't care that it was a man against two women, he should've taugh them a lesson, or at least the one who put her hands on him. Female or not, you put your hands into my car and on me, at the very least, your arm is coming with me as I drive off.

nocnoc
nocnoc 07/22/12 - 08:10 am
Avoidance info needed

Added comment:
There are a lot of guys out there that want avoid ever dating this pair.
Please provide a their names.

owensjef3
owensjef3 07/22/12 - 08:54 am
Women, Girls , Females,

Women, Girls , Females, ladies what ever, my point was that women are not usually jumping out of a car just because of a horn honk.

kiwiinamerica
kiwiinamerica 07/22/12 - 08:59 am
Why didn't the man fight

Why didn't the man fight back?

Most likely because he was a small guy who weighed about a buck fifty and the women were a couple of excitable 300lb coochie sistas.

Six hundred pounds versus one fifty is a mismatch.

freeradical
freeradical 07/22/12 - 09:13 am
The " jail report " will

The " jail report " will have nothing , because they were not charged .

No charges filed.

And rightly so , for disrespecting someone so .

Let that be a lesson to him.

Don't ever be disrespecting nice young ladies.

allhans
allhans 07/22/12 - 09:12 am
People who own the street

People who own the street don't want to give it over.
Power has been given to them by the current administration, ya know.

avidreader
avidreader 07/22/12 - 10:06 am
Pepper Spray!

I keep a cannister of pepper spray in the console of my car (always readily available). It's sad, but I constantly visualize this type of incident occurring. Road rage is not an uncommon event these days.

Pepper spray is nasty but will not cause any permanant damage. It's very easy to use and its jet spray is extremely accurate. I found my spray at an auto parts store, but it's also available on line if you purchase a three-pack (or more).

eb97
eb97 07/22/12 - 10:38 am
Thugs come in all shapes,

Thugs come in all shapes, sizes and gender. Yet, we don't have a crime problem in Augusta, right. This behavior demonstrates why the youth feel they can get away with the same. Thugs breed thugs.
Wake up Augusta, it is going to get much worse.

dstewartsr
20389
dstewartsr 07/22/12 - 11:09 am
"Women, Girls , Females, ladies what ever

...my point was that women are not usually jumping out of a car just because of a horn honk."

Hunh. Driving around daily I see this sort of behaviour by women- girl- female- ladies. At a light Friday, a woman did the same thing --sitting while the green light ticked away-- the car behind her hit her horn. The woman in the first car flipped her off; waited until the light turned full red and burned out on front of the opposite lane, screaming an autoerotic suggestion.

Target parking lot on Saturday, a car full of women cut off another woman who'd been waiting for a space with her blinker on. The group of women taunted the woman as they got out, with, "Yeah, b----, whatcha gonna do about it?" (Keying their car, and modifying the rear view mirror, it seems.)

This notion that gentility exists among all women is as obsolete as the concept of an honest politician.

PghSteelersFan
PghSteelersFan 07/22/12 - 11:40 am
Shades of 'Fried Green

Shades of 'Fried Green Tomatoes'! the comment about the 'girls' pulling into the parking place at Target in front of a woman with her blinker on reminded me of that.
The Katy Bates character didn't stop with keying the car and moving the review mirror. She rammed her car right into the 'girls' car over and over. When they came running and asked her what the h---, she was doing. She replied, "Girls, I am older than you and I carry more insurance". Then she drove away. I have always thought of that line when I see dumb drivers acting stupid.

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 07/22/12 - 12:48 pm
allhans

I hope the readers read between the lines on that one. Your absolutely correct.

JRC2024
JRC2024 07/22/12 - 12:52 pm
Good idea avid. I will have

Good idea avid. I will have to get a couple of cans. I have a friend who is a police officer and theirs is much stronger I assume.

Just My Opinion
Just My Opinion 07/22/12 - 01:16 pm
2 points from reading the

2 points from reading the story and comments: First off, why was there nobody helping the guy? I mean, I'm sure it's easy to say that I'd help without being there, but don't you think that somebody would've taken their cellphone and taken a video of the act, or yet at the witches to leave, or something? The second point was from avidreader about the pepper spray! Thank you so much for that reminder! Next chance I get, I will pick up a couple of cannisters for my wife and daughter. Wouldn't hurt for me to get one for myself, would it?

InChristLove
InChristLove 07/22/12 - 02:05 pm
Although pepper spray is

Although pepper spray is effective and less invasion as a gun, a potential problem with pepper spray is possible blowback on yourself from the A/C or wind through open window.

JMO, it's possible no one actually realized what was happening until it was too late to help. Then again, most people fear to get involved and figured the victim was safer inside his car than them getting out to help.

shrimp for breakfast
shrimp for breakfast 07/22/12 - 02:26 pm
Don't honk!

I saw a bumper sticker yesterday that said "Horn Broken, Watch for Finger!"

Patty-P
Patty-P 07/22/12 - 08:15 pm
nocnoc

'Will the Jail Report have a picture or were they allowed to leave after a physical assault was confirmed by RCSO?'

If it happened in Augusta, OBVIOUSLY they were allowed to leave, WITHOUT charges, after a physical assault was confirmed by RCSO. Why would anyone think they would ACTUALLY be held accountable for this?

Granddaddy John
Granddaddy John 07/23/12 - 08:56 am
The victim will have to

The victim will have to obtain the warrant.

HighSociety
HighSociety 07/23/12 - 04:12 pm
Patty P, if it's not domestic

Patty P, if it's not domestic violence the officers can't make an arrest without the victim taking out a warrant. He may have decided not to press charges.

Group demands hearing on commissioner appointment

City leaders appeared to warm to a request Monday by the West Augusta Alliance to hold one or more public hearings before appointing an interim District 7 commissioner to serve until Donnie ...