Crime & Courts

Richmond Co. | Columbia Co. | Aiken Co. |

Grovetown man charged with beating ex-girlfriend

Thursday, July 19, 2012 3:58 PM
Last updated 11:02 PM

A Grovetown man was arrested late Wednesday after beating his ex-girlfriend unconscious, according to Columbia County authorities.

Dillard  SPECIAL
SPECIAL
Dillard

George Scott Dillard, 45, of Sugar Creek Drive, was charged with aggravated assault, kidnapping, burglary and two counts of cruelty to children.

Dillard’s 25-year-old ex-girlfriend called deputies, who found her beaten inside her Ridge Crossing apartment just after 9 p.m.

She told authorities that just before 9 p.m., she heard a knock at the door and found her 4-year-old son outside the door crying.

As she hugged him, the woman said she heard her 2-year-old son crying and saw him in his car seat in Dillard’s truck parked in front of her apartment.

The woman said she smelled alcohol on Dillard, so she grabbed her son and told Dillard to leave. Dillard yelled at her, called her names and followed the woman and her children to the apartment.

As she tried to close the door, the woman said Dillard forced his way into the apartment, shoved her down, straddled her and punched her in the face and head.

After several punches, Dillard stood up, kicked his ex-girlfriend in the ribs numerous times then stomped on her neck and head until she lost consciousness, according to authorities.

She said she woke up to more punches to the face but got away, crawled to the bedroom and tried to call 911.

The woman said Dillard grabbed her throat and threw her on the bed, where he straddled her and choked her unconscious while telling her, “I’m gonna kill you right here and now.”

She later managed to get away from Dillard long enough to crawl to the bathroom. He forced the door open, where he choked his ex-girlfriend unconscious again.

After regaining consciousness, the woman said she ran past Dillard out of the bathroom, but he grabbed her hair and dragged her back in, where he continued to punch her.

The property manager told deputies that Dillard was served with a warning to not trespass on the property and that he was no longer allowed there because he continually harassed his ex-girlfriend.

The manager said she denied Dillard when he asked about renting the apartment next to the woman and reminded him not to be on the property.

Emergency medical personnel told deputies that the woman suffered a severe concussion and likely had broken bones in both arms, her jaw and ribs.

Dillard continued to shout obscenities to everyone, including his ex-girlfriend, until he was taken to the Columbia County Detention Center. He is being held at the jail without bond.

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 07/19/12 - 04:21 pm
3 time Unconscious. WOW- Wonder Women

I sure wish I was next door when all that happened. There would be no jail time, that's for sure.

Willow Bailey
20580
Willow Bailey 07/19/12 - 04:51 pm
Next time, he will kill

Next time, he will kill someone. He should get 30 years to life.

Trivia
Trivia 07/19/12 - 07:16 pm
Children

I am a bit confused on how, or why, this man even had her children in his vehicle?

csrareader
csrareader 07/19/12 - 07:35 pm
Repeat offender

Search for his name on the Augusta Chronicle web site. He was arrested in 2002 for hitting a woman with a tire tool.

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 07/19/12 - 07:49 pm
Repeat offender

Yep, and in a short period of time he will be walking amoung us "again."

GaStang22
GaStang22 07/19/12 - 08:40 pm
What a lowlife!!

I too don't understand how someone could have children with these losers. They know it before hand. I feel bad for her she didn't think much of herself to not get with a guy like this or do a background check. But how does one with his history of violence, alcohol abuse and child endangerment have these kids at all in his care?? 2005 battery, 2008 dui with child endangerment, 2010 family domestic battery. That was just CC. In RC you have 1998 burglary, 2001 habitual impaired driving, 2002 interference with gov't property and obstruction (this is the tire iron incident but no charges on the public site so she must have dropped that, 2005 another domestic battery same month but a few weeks before in different county. All this among the other little ones he has or others in different counties we don't know about and the ones unreported. He was also obviously drunk while driving these kids around. With the internet these days theres no reason to be blind to someones criminal past. I feel terrible for her and pray for her recovery and to love herself and her children enough to never have any contact with this waste of flesh again. My heart breaks for her and the kids. Children have a right to their father as the father does to his kids, but with a loser like this, the kids will be better off and safer kept away from him! As horrible as this is, we can only hope its a wake up call and life saver to this young woman to break all ties. May God Bless Her!!!

owensjef3
owensjef3 07/19/12 - 09:29 pm
What a nice guy

What a nice guy

allhans
allhans 07/19/12 - 10:43 pm
I'll bet he thinks he is a

I'll bet he thinks he is a really tough guy. That sort usually does.

calliesimon24
calliesimon24 07/20/12 - 01:10 am
Don't jump to conclusion!!!

I think it's sad how so many people are so quick to judge someone they don't even know or whats going on in their situation. First of all he had her kids because they're HIS KIDS TOO.. and he in fact has had them for the last year BY HIMSELF with no help from her. And has taken good care of them. I hate it for both of them especially the kids. Maybe this will be a wake up call for the both of them. I pray that she has a quick recovery and takes good care of their children!!

InChristLove
InChristLove 07/20/12 - 06:15 am
calliesimon24, I don't

calliesimon24, I don't believe anyone is being quick to judge this man. Any man (and I say that lightly) that would beat a woman so severely and in front of HIS children (or hers) isn't much of a human being. This woman has a concussion and most likely broken bones in her arms, jaw, and ribs and you don't want people to judge him too quickly?

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 07/20/12 - 08:11 am
calliesimon24

Every sentence in your post needs a very Angry, Negative Response, so I will not go there.

I wish I only knew what you were thinking when you made it?

Sad, the bottom line is, no human child should have had to live in their short period of life under the condition that they have. Nobody will know what they have been through and what their future will be because of it.

Willow Bailey
20580
Willow Bailey 07/20/12 - 08:24 am
calliesmon24, are you

calliesmon24, are you thinking that if there is a "good enough" reason for a beating that it is some how justified?

Willow Bailey
20580
Willow Bailey 07/20/12 - 08:28 am
boomhauer, tone it down,

boomhauer, tone it down, shake it off and toughen up. Stand up guys are important.

boomhauer
boomhauer 07/20/12 - 08:42 am
Wow deleted my post again I

Wow deleted my post again I see, somebody at the AC just doesn't like me. Well the feeling is mutual now.

Back to the subject at hand...this guy is an idiot and I hope he gets what he deserves.

I hope that doesn't offend anyone, really I do. I've toned it down about as much as I can...really I have.

Thaaaaank Yooooouuuu Augusta Chronicle (in a sarcastic tone)

stillamazed
stillamazed 07/20/12 - 09:00 am
WOW

@calliesmon24, I cannot believe your post.......there is never a reason for a man or a woman to be beaten that way, NO EXCUSE! He may have had his kids for a year but apparently he is a violent individual that doesn't need them. If he would beat a woman like this his anger would lead him to beat the kids if he got mad enough. He needs mental help as well as time in prison. If he was my son, or my friend or family I would never be condoning that type of behavior under any circumstances and it makes you look bad that you chose to do that.

Jake
Jake 07/20/12 - 09:41 am
Sorry Folks

I apparently made someone angry with my comment last night and my post ended up in the trash bin along with boomhauer's.
On the "beating wife with dead dog" story it was apparently OK to be descriptive about breaking the suspects legs, etc, but not on this story.
When is it OK to beat a woman almost to death? Try NEVER!

storiesihaveread
storiesihaveread 07/20/12 - 11:41 am
Mine was

removed also Jake so I promised Sean I would behave today. A man should never ever beat or hit a woman. He needs to spend fine time in jail and let's hope the court system will give justice where justice is due.....

happychimer
happychimer 07/20/12 - 01:23 pm
Anyone who would beat another

Anyone who would beat another human as bad as dillard did is not human in my book. He should be locked up and tortured worse than any prisoner ever has.

Tots
Tots 07/22/12 - 09:02 pm
I pray,

For both of them and all the kids...

Vogtle workers see both reactor projects

Some veterans of the nuclear industry were at the site south of Augusta to see the complex network of rebar and concrete rising out of the ground in the 1970s and ’80s. Now, they are back.