Crime & Courts

Richmond Co. | Columbia Co. | Aiken Co. |

Augusta father, 44, faces child exploitation charges

Thursday, July 19, 2012 12:33 PM
Last updated 11:17 PM

A 44-year-old man was arrested Wednesday after he took naked photos of his child, police said.

According to an incident report, police were notified after the 8-year-old girl told her mother that her father, who has custody of her and her brother, had done “bad things to her” and made her take her clothes off so he could take photos.

The girl’s 11-year-old brother also told his mother that he had seen several photos of children who were naked or in their underwear on his father’s computer, according to authorities.

The man was booked into the Richmond County jail on charges of sexual exploitation of children. The Augusta Chronicle is not publishing his name to avoid identifying the victims.

Investigators said the investigation continues. The Department of Family and Child Services has also been informed of the incident.

stillamazed
stillamazed 07/19/12 - 12:50 pm
Why did he have custody?

Not sure why this sick man had custody of these children instead of the mother, but it makes me wonder. I feel sorry for these children. Prayers go out to them and hopefully they will be placed in a safe, secure environment.

TrulyWorried
TrulyWorried 07/19/12 - 01:00 pm
Sad

What a sad situation - I only hope the children will be taken care of properly and placed into a loving environment - God bless them both.

Jane18
Jane18 07/19/12 - 01:06 pm
Child Abuse

Anything that has to do with children that is against the law, should be prosecuted to the fullest extent! Everytime I hear of something like this piece of garbage, I want to strike out at them. Right now, I can honestly say that if I were a man, this guy had better not be put in a cell with me. Oooh, I am so angry!!

xpresso1
xpresso1 07/19/12 - 01:10 pm
I am sure that have him in

I am sure that have him in protective custody as well, I say put him in general population.

DMPerryJr
DMPerryJr 07/19/12 - 05:40 pm
South Augusta's Finest

I remember when they built that neighborhood in the late 1970's. It was nice back then. You couldn't pay me to go over there now.

Anyway, how about giving this idiot the death penalty if convicted? People who mistreat kids in this fashion should be executed quickly.

itsanotherday1
itsanotherday1 07/19/12 - 11:52 pm
Bad enough that he did it to

Bad enough that he did it to any child; but to his own daughter?? The rules do not allow me to express how I really feel.

Georgialina
Georgialina 07/20/12 - 11:58 pm
Re: itsanotherday1

As I was reading this I was thinking how could this sick*** do something like this to his own child??? It is so horrible to be ANY child but OMG his own child. I am with itsanotherday on this one, my Christian upbringing and the Sean Moores crowd will not let me express how I really feel about this non human piece of dog squeeze.