Crime & Courts

Richmond Co. | Columbia Co. | Aiken Co. |

Hair thief attacks with pepper spray

Monday, July 2, 2012 11:32 AM
Last updated 8:00 PM

Richmond County investigators are searching for pepper spraying hair thieves after a shoplifting incident Friday.

According to an incident report, a woman entered Roba Beauty Supply Store, 2416 Windsor Spring Road, around 6:30 p.m., grabbed two packs of human hair and headed for the exit.

Two employees who attempted to stop the woman told deputies the bandit sprayed them with pepper spray before fleeing in a red SUV.

Both employees had to seek medical attention following the incident.

Police said the stolen hair was valued at $240.

dichotomy
dichotomy 07/02/12 - 12:43 pm
Hummmm.....let me guess. It's

Hummmm.....let me guess. It's the ultimate entitlement. The government gives them food, housing, medical, and spending cash and now they feel entitled to steal anything else that they desire if the government doesn't provide it for them. Oh, and since the new law is in effect in GA, this thief will not be punished because it was not over $1000. We have declared open season on retailers. The crooks have no fear of going to jail and also have the option to arm themselves with guns, knives, or pepper spray while our retailers are unarmed and undefended. The crooks have nothing to lose and everything to gain. Every small business owner who works their own shop should arm themselves and every large retailer should hire ARMED security and authorize them to take the necessary action to stop shoplifters by whatever force is necessary.

Insider Information
Insider Information 07/02/12 - 12:51 pm
Simply un-beweavable.

Simply un-beweavable.

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 07/02/12 - 02:00 pm
dichotomy

Good Post even though you got 3 downers from the entitlement population.

Gordon
Gordon 07/02/12 - 02:09 pm
If I had long hair

If I had long hair, I'd be a little nervous. If it's worth that much to the low-lifes, I wouldn't put it past them to mug you for it.

allhans
allhans 07/02/12 - 02:20 pm
Yes, Gordon. Those with long

Yes, Gordon. Those with long hair, beware.

stillamazed
stillamazed 07/02/12 - 02:51 pm
Hair thieves

How many times has this hair staling been reported????? I know I have seen it several times in the paper. If the hair is that expensive I agree with dichotomy, hire security, don't get injured over some weave that will probably look like crap on them anyway......to all the thieves, if you can't afford it youdon't need it! Get a job and buy your own!

Insider Information
Insider Information 07/02/12 - 03:39 pm
In all seriousness, this is a

In all seriousness, this is a hairy situation. If cops don't get on top of it soon, the problem will grow. Hair thefts need to be cut out and not swept under the rug.

iLove
iLove 07/02/12 - 04:32 pm
Idiots.

$120.00 for ONE pack of hair. Use the hair that God has given you!!!

I wonder why "they" add fake hair to "their" bodies? Is is sometype of mental scar or something???

I personally like "their" hair is its natural state better than "others".
Atleast "their's" doesn't have to be washed everyday.

fatboyhog
fatboyhog 07/02/12 - 06:18 pm
Dichotomy, your post is spot

Dichotomy, your post is spot on. However, the new shoplifting threshold is $500 (up from $300) to make it a felony. The threshold for theft by taking (not shoplifting) has gone from $500 to $1,500. It's open season on all law-abiding citizens.

Bobbie 920
Bobbie 920 07/02/12 - 07:55 pm
I love

I , like many others do, shampoo my hair every day. I really like the feeling of clean hair.Guess pepper spray is one way to get what you want.

Bizkit
Bizkit 07/02/12 - 07:40 pm
Likely their compulsion to

Likely their compulsion to steal hair is biological so in fairness we should make allowances for this population so that they can have their hair fetish in privacy. I think it is a constitutinal right-somewhere between free speech and honor your father and mother. Hee,hee,hee. I can't believe the callous comments when someone has this terrible addiction. Where's the ACLU and Justice department when you need them.

Bizkit
Bizkit 07/02/12 - 07:50 pm
I remember back in the day my

I remember back in the day my friends and I all grew our hair. Of about thirty or so of us only about 4-5 of us could grow past our hair past our shoulders and down to the buttocks. I had beautiful flowing locks-I remember truck drivers pulling up and blowing their horn only to get a surprise I'm a dude and not a dudette. I also remember gas station attendants asking which key to the restroom I needed the girls or boys. Had a few red necks grab my pony tail and threaten to cut it off, but I didn't play "threaten" and long learned to punch first and ask questions later (from growing up in my neighborhood). Ah the good ole days.

TrulyWorried
TrulyWorried 07/02/12 - 08:34 pm
Oh Yes

Oh Yes - what would the world be without humor, even if it DOES concern theft - somebody must really be hard up! Sorry for the shop keepers - they have to take the loss. Wonder if insurance would cover something like this, relative low loss (still money though!)

KSL
KSL 07/02/12 - 08:35 pm
LOL, how much you have

LOL, how much you have changed, not that I don't think you are somewhat pulling our legs.

bclicious
bclicious 07/03/12 - 02:06 am
Never bring Pepper Spray to a gun fight.

I would suggest investing in some type of firearm. All you have to do is just prove that you were in fear of your life, and that you were trying to stop a forcible felony.

Then, put them out of their misery.

No jury in the state of Georgia would convict you. Heck! It wouldn't even make it past grand jury.

Happy hunting store owners!

Little Lamb
Little Lamb 07/03/12 - 08:20 am
Health Insurance

I think Secretary of Health & Human Services Kathleen Sibelius has included hair in the list of services that medical insurance providers must cover under the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act. Therefore, no crime was committed.

lifelongresident
lifelongresident 07/03/12 - 03:46 pm
dear store owners, start

dear store owners, start arming yourself so when she pulls out the pepper spray put one in her "arse" better and cheaper to use tax dollars for a paupers funeral than to feed , clothe, and house "ole shanesk%a, mal4eka, aness%ka, or whatever the heck her name is. police how about patrolling the local gov't housing projects for the vehicle chances are she is on the public dole in someway. and when she gets caught there will be enablers who will say "why is everyone upset, she has kids to feed and she needed to steal and do what she has to do in order to feed her family"