Crime & Courts

Richmond Co. | Columbia Co. | Aiken Co. |

64-year-old charged with fleeing from officer after run-in with cabbie

Friday, June 29, 2012 12:46 PM
Last updated 4:46 PM

A 64-year-old woman was arrested Wednesday after she threatened a taxi driver and fled from an officer with her grandchildren in the car, authorities said.

Bonnie Bell-Halliburton  SPECIAL
SPECIAL
Bonnie Bell-Halliburton

According to an incident report, a Richmond County sheriff’s deputy responded to the 1500 block of Mill Street shortly before 6 p.m. after Bonnie Bell-Halliburton, of Hephzibah, reported road rage involving a taxi she said ran her off the road.

The deputy spoke with both drivers and reported the taxi driver’s information back to Bell-Halliburton. Although the report does not indicate what the taxi driver said, it states that Bell-Halliburton became irate and accused the deputy of knowing the other driver.

Police said Bell-Halliburton then said, “He don’t know who he is messing with. My grandkids are millionaires. He’s messing with the wrong person.”

As she left the scene, she yelled out her window that she would kill the taxi driver.

The deputy returned to her vehicle and tried to stop Bell-Halliburton, who ignored the police lights and siren while traveling at high speed near R.A. Dent Boulevard.

Police said Bell-Halliburton finally stopped in the middle of the street on R.A. Dent, yelled she was taking her grandkids to the Kroc Center and sped off again.

Bell-Halliburton came to a stop at Laney-Walker Boulevard stadium but refused to get out of her vehicle.

Three of her grandchildren, ages 6 to 10, were in the vehicle.

Bell-Halliburton was booked into the Richmond County jail on charges of fleeing or attempting to elude an officer, terroristic acts and threats, and three counts of reckless conduct.

Riverman1
Riverman1 06/29/12 - 01:21 pm
What happened to the kids?

What happened to the kids?

Newsflash
Newsflash 06/29/12 - 01:22 pm
Glad the children are safe.....

"Play Stupid Games, Win stupid prizes". Thumbs up for the Richmond County sheriff’s deputy . Glad this high speed granny is cooling her heels in the Richmond County Jail .

Riverman1
Riverman1 06/29/12 - 01:24 pm
"Allude" a police officer

How does one break the law by alluding a police officer? Heh

DMPerryJr
DMPerryJr 06/29/12 - 01:38 pm
Halliburton?

Uh oh.....it is quite possible that she is friends with people in the Carlyle Group and knows The Koch Brothers and all sorts of other nefarious people/entities.

I'd fear her because she can probably get the elections rigged.

rmwhitley
rmwhitley 06/29/12 - 01:40 pm
Racism

purely and simply.

noxiousfumes
noxiousfumes 06/29/12 - 01:44 pm
Police said Bell-Halliburton

Right. . . . hahahahahahahaha!!! She's related to the Halliburtons of the Bush/Cheney era???? Hahahahaha.

willie7
willie7 06/29/12 - 02:08 pm
Oh No!--what happened to

Oh No!--what happened to Bonnie? She is a remarkable person This incident doesn't sound like the BonnieI I know.

KSL
KSL 06/29/12 - 04:10 pm
Where is her mug shot? Did

Where is her mug shot? Did she get a pass because of who she is, whoever that is?

Sargebaby
Sargebaby 06/29/12 - 04:49 pm
I thought threatening to kill

I thought threatening to kill someone is a felony! She needs to regroup in prison for a couple of years!

Jake
Jake 06/29/12 - 05:07 pm
@DMPerry

Good one.

KSL
KSL 06/29/12 - 05:47 pm
Thanks for the pic

Funny, the report says she reported road rage, but it sounds like she was pretty angry herself.

Willow Bailey
20579
Willow Bailey 06/29/12 - 07:17 pm
She probably just skipped her

She probably just skipped her hormones.

Riverman1
Riverman1 06/29/12 - 09:44 pm
Allude Changed to Elude. Heh

Well, that's just dandy. The reporters read the comments and fix their mistakes.

itsanotherday1
itsanotherday1 06/30/12 - 01:18 am
RM

I'm glad they do, and I'm glad it gets pointed out. As journalists, they SHOULD be held to a higher standard. Heck, I'm a high school drop-out; but I try to watch my grammar and spelling.

Riverman1
Riverman1 06/30/12 - 07:59 am
Sure, it's a tough job

I wasn't picking on Ms. Johnson. I found that one funny. I see mistakes all the time in the AC. I used to find a glaring error in the doggone editorials about every day until I finally got tired of pointing them out. I think the internet with its demand for speed has us all writing a little more carelessly. The good thing is mistakes can be fixed easily today instead of having to use Whiteout, changing presses and so on.

KSL
KSL 06/30/12 - 09:09 am
Here is another. Currently of

Here is another. Currently of the six Top Headlines, four start with "Man."

allhans
allhans 06/30/12 - 09:22 am
I her wig too big? :)

Is the wig too big? :)

KSL
KSL 06/30/12 - 10:33 am
Hilarious

Thanks for the big laugh that comment gave me, allhans

allhans
allhans 06/30/12 - 12:58 pm

from Facebook page : 1983 University of district of Columbia.

Grovetown escapees captured

Two inmates who escaped the Grovetown Department of Public Safety Detention Center late Friday are back in police custody, officials said.