Crime & Courts

Richmond Co. | Columbia Co. | Aiken Co. |

Police arrest two, search for third in Waffle House armed robbery

An armed robbery Thursday morning led to a police chase that ended with gunfire.

Back | Next
Montravious McNair
Montravious McNair

Richmond County deputies responding to a robbery at Waffle House, 2057 Gordon Highway, at 2:05 a.m. spotted an SUV speeding east on Gordon Highway in the westbound lanes just east of the restaurant, said Lt. Blaise Dresser.

The deputies tried to stop the vehicle, which continued speeding on Gordon Highway before turning north onto Sibley Road and entering the Raes Creek Mobile Home Park.

The vehicle stopped, and a passenger got out and ran, Dresser said.

The passenger, later identified as Joaquin Hogan, fired a handgun at Deputy Danny Haywood, who was getting out of his patrol car. Haywood returned fire, and the passenger fled into the trailer park.

No one was injured in the gunfire exchange, Dresser said.

Hogan was not found, but Willie McNair and Montravious McNair were taken into custody and charged with armed robbery.

Police were searching for Hogan late Thursday. He is a resident of Barton Village and is believed to be in the area.

He is wanted on felony charges of armed robbery, possession of a firearm during the commission of a crime, possession of a firearm by a first offender probationer and aggravated assault against a police officer.

Anyone with information is asked to contact the Richmond County Sheriff’s Office at (706) 821-1080.

fatboyhog
2082
fatboyhog 06/15/12 - 10:47 am
This is getting out of hand

These three thugs need to spend the rest of their life in prison, if convicted. There is NO excuse for this kind of behavior. I've said it before, and I'll say it again, law-abiding citizens should not have to put up with this kind of criminal behavior. This robbing and killing is not because of the economy, it is for plain greed and stupidity. It's too bad that Hogan didn't get a .40 between the eyes. Now he has another chance to shoot at deputies as they hunt for him. If he'll shoot at the police, he'll shoot at anyone who gets in his way. He's not human. He is a criminal. He needs to be locked away and kept away from the law-abiding citizens since he wants to rob and shoot at those who get in his way.

(edited because I didn't want to get an abuse warning)

Iwannakno
Iwannakno 06/15/12 - 06:22 am
Spot on

Couldn't have said it better myself fatboy!

lifelongresident
lifelongresident 06/15/12 - 06:55 am
since there is an existing

since there is an existing booking picture of joaquin then its safe to say he is no stranger to the criminal justice system. well i guess his mom will be going to cititrends and the nail shop to get her court outfit, hair and nails done, then stop off at the local religious store to buy a bible for her son so he can hold it while telling the judge how sorry he is and all he wants to do is turn his life around and go to college or the military. meanwhile his mom will be telling everyone "he's a good boy, he just got caught up with the wrong crowd" no telling where his dad is...probalby in jail as well

Sun shine
Sun shine 06/15/12 - 08:23 am
There is only one true Judge

let me start by saying to fatboyhog...i agree that this is getting out of hand and the only reason why im responding to this post is because that vermin you are referring to is my brother. My parents raised him better than that but it comes to a point where he makes his own decisions and lives his own life the ultimate judge is God not you or anybody else nothing Joaquin has done is or can be justified robbing shooting etc. But be careful how you judge someone that you dont know. My brother will be dealt with by the law and they will catch him this is God trying to call him back he was let go because he wanted to do things his way being that he was already in trouble does not make his situation any better saying he needs to be put down like vermin is your opinion and I am offended by that statement he is not an animal sir and neither are you he needs prayer not human judgement by someone that is no more than what he is... a man. I will pray for my brother in hopes that he will use this experience and turn his life around his crime is no better than the next person that robs or shoots at anyone whether it is a cop or not...I will pray for you as well you are strongly opinionated and your judgement is irrelevant because you are not the one to pass it on another person whether its my brother or someone else. You are not perfect Joaquin is not perfect and I am not perfect this is exactly whats wrong with people today too quick to judge again i am not saying what he did is right he will be judged by the right person in court NOT YOU

fatboyhog
2082
fatboyhog 06/15/12 - 10:59 am
Facts are facts

and I am tired of punks with guns killing innocent people that stand in their way. I am tired of seeing Law Enforcement officers killed by punks. He could have very easily killed the officer that he shot at. For what? Because he's a criminal and doesn't want to face the music? They need to be put where they can never harm anyone again. Certain offenses should not allow for second chances. He has shown that he is willing to commit the ultimate crime (murder), and he has no regard for human life. I don't care if he was related to me, I'd feel the same way. It is high time for the law-abiding citizens to say, "enough is enough!" I will judge, because I don't care why he did what he did. He is a criminal. I have no sympathy for someone who robs others and causes fear. Big man with a gun. He's not stealing because he's hungry. I realize that's he's your brother, but remove yourself from the situation. How would you feel if this wasn't your brother, and he robbed and/or shot at loved one of yours?

Iwannakno
Iwannakno 06/15/12 - 12:17 pm
Wow....

He didn't blame you or your parents for your brother being vermin but he is what he is. He shot at a police offficer. He could have killed that officer or some innocent person standing nearby. He should be put down before he hurts someone.

GaStang22
GaStang22 06/16/12 - 02:32 am
I completely agree with

fatboyhog. And he got slaps on the wrist for the first 3 felonies in the past year and is now an armed robber and willing to murder but just got lucky he missed. Innocent lives are too precious to risk waiting on people like this to find their morals. Feel sorry for the family, but I say protect the innocent first, fatboyhog is dead on!! And his opinion is not irrelevant, nor is any other citizens as they are potential jurors or victims...... and possibly the ones that may end up being the armed victim or hero that stops him permanently before he "finds his way"!!

GaStang22
GaStang22 06/16/12 - 02:32 am
"This robbing and killing is

not because of the economy, it is for plain greed and stupidity" Amen to that. I'm so sick of hearing that excuse from bleeding hearts. You either have morals or you dont. And the people they usually are defending have records dating back from the best economy, so then whats their excuse?

Disc golf tournament benefits Augusta charity

APPLING — When Paul Childs runs a disc golf tournament, he wants it to mean something for the rest of the community. Childs he found a cause worth supporting: the Ronald McDonald House Charities.