Crime & Courts

Richmond Co. | Columbia Co. | Aiken Co. |

Appling man said shot, kidnapped

Monday, June 11, 2012 1:43 PM
Last updated 10:59 PM

A shooting victim called Columbia County authorities early Sunday claiming he was kidnapped near his Appling home, then assaulted in Richmond County.

The 41-year-old said he was at his home on Washington Road about 7 p.m. when a stranger asked for help with a tire. The man was getting tools out of his van when the stranger pulled out a black handgun and forced him into the car. The stranger made him drive for a while before stopping to pick up two more men.

After falling asleep, the man said he woke up about 3 a.m. to the strangers beating on him on Summer Street at Hopkins Street in Augusta, according to a Richmond County Sheriff’s Office incident report.

The man said someone hit him in the mouth with a board. Then one of the assailants pulled out a short-barrel shotgun and shot the man in the back, according to the report.

The man was transported to the Medical College of Georgia Hospital for treatment.

The only description he could provide of his assailants is they were black males.

happychimer
happychimer 06/11/12 - 02:24 pm
How could he fall asleep?

How could he fall asleep?

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 06/11/12 - 02:41 pm
happy

You beat me to it.......That one little issue makes the whole thing sink!

urright
urright 06/11/12 - 04:03 pm
Hmm...

He was driving, picking up people, then fell asleep at an intersection? He spent over seven hours with the guys and can only describe them as black males. Sounds legit to me!

lucky1976
lucky1976 06/11/12 - 07:45 pm
funny bunch of lies!!!!

so funny to read a bunch of lies!! i am the owner of this van an it was stole from me by a brother, while me an my family were in Savannah on Saturday!! he has many issues and addictions!! I still have not gotten my van back an still no arrest have been made but i assure you they will!!!!!

debbiep38
debbiep38 06/12/12 - 01:00 am
Stolen from me by a brother

Stolen from me by a brother or a brotha?

seenitB4
seenitB4 06/12/12 - 07:26 am
well lucky

Lucky--you might need to change that ole name..:)

Willow Bailey
20579
Willow Bailey 06/12/12 - 08:31 am
I would be more interested in

I would be more interested in seeing my brother get help then looking forward to his arrest.

x58dav8r
x58dav8r 06/12/12 - 04:35 pm
Willow

Willow, "A" brother is not necessarily "My" brother.

raul
raul 06/12/12 - 07:35 pm
@Lucky1976. Lucky for you

@Lucky1976. Lucky for you there are no grammar police on this thread!

lucky1976
lucky1976 06/13/12 - 06:28 am
Recovered!!

@ willow you can not help someone that is not willing to help them self in the 1st place!many of our family members have tired to help him for many years an several times threw out the years!! / @ Raul didn't know it was so important to worry about grammar on a comment to a chat!! but to sooth you i hope my grammar was correct enough for you on this one!!! :D and for those that dont know yet the van was recovered yesterday afternoon! still waiting on prints!

Willow Bailey
20579
Willow Bailey 06/13/12 - 11:22 pm
"Lucky, I am not implying

"Lucky, I am not implying that any of us can save anyone. But, what we can do, is let the natural consequences be their teacher, not our own vengence towards them.

Toxic love says, "I can't love you if you aren't going to do what I tell you." Agape love says, "I hate to see you suffering from your poor choices, but I still love you; you are my brother."
I do hope you can see the difference because it would make a huge difference in your own life and brothers if you can.

Willow Bailey
20579
Willow Bailey 06/13/12 - 11:25 pm
x58dav8r, ohh, I get it now,

x58dav8r, ohh, I get it now, thanks. But, it still doesn't change my feelings on the matter.

3 top picks to replace Russell named

Janice Allen Jackson, Stephen Layson and Oscar Rodriguez are Augusta Mayor Deke Copenhaver's top picks to replace Fred Russell as city administrator.