Armed robbery reported at X Mart

Monday, June 4, 2012 3:57 PM
Last updated 9:55 PM

Richmond County deputies are searching for the man who robbed an area business Monday afternoon.

Back | Next
The X Mart on Gordon Highway was robbed shortly before 3 p.m. Monday.  Summer Moore
Summer Moore
The X Mart on Gordon Highway was robbed shortly before 3 p.m. Monday.

Shortly before 3 p.m., deputies were called to the X Mart at 1367 Gordon Highway in reference to an armed robbery, according to an incident report.

Once there, a cashier said a man had entered the store flashing a handgun. He pointed the gun at her and demanded money.

The cashier said she told him she did not want anyone to get hurt and handed him about $600 from the drawer and he fled.

She described him as black, about 5 feet 9 inches tall, 140-145 pounds. He was wearing a black tank top and dark color shorts with a white T-shirt covering his face. He was last seen headed on foot toward Gordon Highway.

No one was hurt, deputies said.

Jake
Jake 06/04/12 - 06:37 pm
Pole vault

Suspect last seen running down the Gordon Hwy with a bulge in his pants presumed to be a weapon.

SCRebel
SCRebel 06/04/12 - 06:42 pm
Wanna bet...

It was a "snub nose" ... ;-)

Just My Opinion
Just My Opinion 06/04/12 - 07:23 pm
You know, you gotta admit,

You know, you gotta admit, this place has been open for quite awhile now and, from what little I know, this is the first time something has happened to warrant a write-up in the paper. I guess "those customers" would rather go in and out of there without any hub-bub! Hope they catch the crook! I'm sure there were alot of scared "up-standing" customers in that place!

Preacherman64
Preacherman64 06/04/12 - 09:57 pm
I Apologize

I know this probably is not the right attitude because theft is wrong no matter who it is against but I can't help thinking that if it had to happen it couldn't have been to a better establishment. Forgive me God is still working on me.

Common.sense
Common.sense 06/04/12 - 11:04 pm
That No Weapons sign on the

That No Weapons sign on the door did a real good job.

The people who are implying that the establishment deserved to be robbed due to it being an adult entertainment company, shame on you!

anotherlook
anotherlook 06/05/12 - 12:39 am
It never ceases to amaze me

It never ceases to amaze me at how many people choose to commit robbery and theft. If you just look at it from a financial standpoint, the $600 dollars that was stolen would only amount to $5 per month when distributed over the ten year period that would be the probable sentence for such a crime. Picking up aluminum cans and cashing them in would be much more of a "haul." Maybe we should start teaching economics much earlier in school!

kiwiinamerica
kiwiinamerica 06/05/12 - 11:50 am
Low lifes robbing low lifes.....

Look at the bright side of this. Maybe it will drive away customers........ :-)

SRS shipments halted until 2016

Savannah River Site can't resume shipments of Cold War nuclear waste materials to an underground repository in New Mexico until at least 2016 when the federal government reopens the facility to ...