Crime & Courts

Richmond Co. | Columbia Co. | Aiken Co. |

16-year-old shot in head

Saturday, June 2, 2012 3:07 PM
Last updated 10:51 PM

The Aiken County Sheriff’s Office is investigating a shooting in Beech Island that left a 16-year-old boy with a gunshot wound to the head.

According to a news release, officers arrived on Cary Drive at 4:41 a.m. on Saturday and found the victim lying in the back seat.

Others in the vehicle told officers they were there to purchase illegal drugs when a man shot into their vehicle.

The victim was taken to Medical College of Georgia Hospital for treatment and was listed in critical condition.

Anyone with information should call the Aiken County Sheriff’s Office at (800) 922-9709 or Midlands Crimestoppers at (888) CRIME-SC. Callers can remain anonymous and will be eligible for a reward.

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 06/03/12 - 11:58 am
One thing, they didn't lie

One thing, they didn't lie about it. If it was pot, what a worthless reason to die for!

jamthang
jamthang 06/02/12 - 05:39 pm
I don't condone that reason

I don't condone that reason for being there but this is my little 2nd cousin that was shot. Hope lessons have been learned. Praying for ,my cousin and his family.

jrsc429
jrsc429 06/02/12 - 05:55 pm
hoping for a full recovery

hoping for a full recovery for the victim, but what was a 16 year old doing, at 4 in the morning, with others who were buying drugs? this story is so wrong on so many accounts.

jamthang
jamthang 06/02/12 - 07:17 pm
I agree, they shouldn't have

I agree, they shouldn't have been there. I'm just praying he lives at this point. our family is on edge. his sister just told us he squeezed her hand and opened his eyes when she spoke to him. that's a good sign. like I said in earlier comment, I hope lessons are learned here. who had a teenager they can tell anything to? hmmm?

highlandoutlaw
highlandoutlaw 06/02/12 - 09:43 pm
when youre dumb enough to go

when youre dumb enough to go in the ghetto to buy drugs, crap happens

tia31
tia31 06/02/12 - 09:52 pm
Cobalt George I sincerely

Cobalt George I sincerely hope you remove your post. How cold hearted can one be. Evidently artic waters run through your veins searching for a heart that obviously doesn't exist. I know his mother and she's, a great mom, has faith thats unshakable and has been staying at the hospital with her father who is fighting for his life. Was it wrong for them to buying drugs of course it was, but this 16 year old has been going through horrid times, watching his grand dad battle to live month after month. Now in the same hospital where her dad is fighting for his life, her son is fighting for his. Things aren't always as cut and dried as judgmental people, who know no facts make them. Try a little compassion, trust me if you knew his mother and she read your post she would not judge you at all she would pray for you. Me not so much.

tia31
tia31 06/02/12 - 10:07 pm
Well highland please refrain

Well highland please refrain from nasty and remember this is a child and , one whose family will see this and hurt for it. One who's family has already gone through so much. A mother who is heartbroken, waiting to see if her 16 year old will live. A little compassion can't be that hard, can it. Every adult out there knows we all made dumb decisions at 16 and were lucky to survive them. A kid making a stupid choice is a given. Respecting the family of a gravely injured child is an adult choice. Unless you've walked in their shoes. We has human beings should not stand in judgement of another. We're all fail able, make mistakes it's in our nature. But kids should get a little leeway and his family deserves that.

maddog
maddog 06/02/12 - 10:13 pm
This kid lives a block from

This kid lives a block from me. Instead of criticizing him for being a typical teenager, we should be praying for him and his family.

Just My Opinion
Just My Opinion 06/02/12 - 10:54 pm
tia31 @ 10:07 pm....well

tia31 @ 10:07 pm....well said. Sometimes we have to be reminded that we are human, and it isn't just the 16 yr olds that make the stupid mistakes. This kid was admittedly in the wrong place, doing the wrong thing, with the wrong people. That part is done and nothing can change what happened to him. Now I hope and pray that he survives and he doesn't repeat this act...or his family's sake and his own. The bad thing about being human is that we WILL make mistakes, and the good thing is that we CAN learn from those mistakes.

Willow Bailey
20603
Willow Bailey 06/03/12 - 12:20 am
I pray this young man has a

I pray this young man has a full recovery and gets on the right path.

twolane
twolane 06/03/12 - 12:40 am
good one less

good one less dopehead......the more the merrier

twolane
twolane 06/03/12 - 12:42 am
and now all of a sudden you

and now all of a sudden you folks are all kind and good hearted if it was a black guy you didnt know with acriminal record you losers would have not one ounce of sympathy.....he was buying dope he got what he deserved

omnomnom
omnomnom 06/03/12 - 05:05 am
itsanotherday1
itsanotherday1 06/03/12 - 09:32 am
As a sometimes wayward kid

As a sometimes wayward kid subject to hang out with older boys that were up to mischief on occasion; I can't throw many rocks at this kid. He didn't deserve shooting over a bad decision and I hope he makes a full recovery. Maybe his lessons learned will motivate him to set a better example for other kids his age.

Jane18
Jane18 06/03/12 - 10:48 am
Tia, just knowing Cobalt and

Tia, just knowing Cobalt and Highland from the comments made everyday, I do not believe they meant anything bad to your loved one. They, and many of us, are "tough-love" people, and sometime we may say something that someone else will take negatively. The point is, our young people need to stay away from people and situations that could get them hurt, or worse, killed. Assure your family that many of us will be praying for your loved one.

keeanzia
keeanzia 06/03/12 - 11:06 am
I hope and pray he make it

I hope and pray he make it through.

keeanzia
keeanzia 06/03/12 - 11:09 am
Such “heartless” comments

Such “heartless” comments from “perfect” people.

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 06/03/12 - 11:57 am
If you think for one minute

If you think for one minute that I do not have feeling for the Father, Mother, family members and close friends, you are dead Wrong. The loss or possible loss of a child may be the greatest hurting impact in a persons life.. I know, we lose one of my 5 sons alone with his 2 close friends by a 16 year old drug dealer. They did not have anything to do with drugs but where shot through the heart because of being at the wrong place at the wrong time. I feel for this family and what they are going through and I will use Willow Bailey 12:20 comments as my hope! Sorry if you took me the wrong way, but in times like this, angry will always be present.

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 06/03/12 - 12:01 pm
Edited

My first comment has been edited. Maybe it will reflect my feeling better.

Just for you information, I was president of VVVC (Voices for Victims of Violate Crimes) for 4 years.

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 06/03/12 - 12:05 pm
keeanzia, there are no

keeanzia, there are no "perfect people"

butterscotch224
butterscotch224 06/03/12 - 03:02 pm
I too have lost a son, but

I too have lost a son, but not to a drug related activity. I feel for this family. Just the possibility of the loss of a child is unbearable and devasting to any parent. People please be mindful of you comments. You never know when a knock or phone call will come to your home. Eventhough he was wrong on so many accounts, that doesn't matter anymore, he's still someone's child. You wouldn't want anyone saying anything about your child whether dead or alive. To this family know that I like so many others will be praying for your son and that his second chance will change the life for another child.

jamthang
jamthang 06/04/12 - 07:47 am
beal is in jail and josh is

beal is in jail and josh is hanging in there, thank God!

TDW