Crime & Courts

Richmond Co. | Columbia Co. | Aiken Co. |

North Augusta shoplifting suspect seeks refund for stolen steaks

Friday, June 1, 2012 7:24 AM
Last updated 9:28 PM

NORTH AUGUSTA – Police arrested a shoplifting suspect Thursday night after he returned to the store to get a refund on the stolen merchandise.

According to an incident report, a Food Lion employee noticed a man placing steaks in his pants at the supermarket on Market Place Drive shortly before 8 p.m.

The man identified as Christopher Harper, 40, of the 200 block of Palmetto Drive, then left the store. Surveillance video reveals the steaks falling out of Harper’s pants outside the door and hitting the ground, police said.

Harper then returned to the store to get a refund for the steaks, claiming they were dirty.

The suspect was charged with shoplifting.

Comments (18)

itsanotherday1
itsanotherday1 06/01/12 - 09:44 am

Trying to make sense of this sentence:

"Surveillance video reveals the steaks out of Harper’s pants outside the door and hit the ground."

Jake
Jake 06/01/12 - 09:57 am

Tainted meat

Not exactly the sharpest tool in the shed I would say.

Tots
Tots 06/01/12 - 10:00 am

Do what?

Now that is some kind of Stupid,and a prime example of the entitlement mind set..

Tots
Tots 06/01/12 - 10:04 am

Tainted meat,

Good one Jake at 9:57am,or maybe a new form of meat tenderizing..

Aroundtown
Aroundtown 06/01/12 - 10:10 am

geez.

*They obviously left off the word "fell"...as in
"Surveillance video reveals the steaks FELL out of Harper’s pants outside the door and hit the ground."

But really, I'd love to give the advice to these idiots, like DON'T STEAL! or THERE ARE CAMERAS EVERYWHERE!
But they aren't really the types to read the paper...online or otherwise.

itsanotherday1
itsanotherday1 06/01/12 - 10:23 am

Ya think?

"*They obviously left off the word "fell".

Ya think???

Aroundtown
Aroundtown 06/01/12 - 10:55 am

Just saying

Oops, anotherday...I forgot to choose my sarcasm font.

allhans
21985
allhans 06/01/12 - 11:09 am

OOPS!

OOPS!

Jake
Jake 06/01/12 - 11:34 am

Hot pants

Recently in Augusta a person put 6 to 8 oil cans in his pants and now this person is stuffing steaks in his britches. I must be wearing the wrong kind of pants because I don't have room to stuff anything in there except.....

Sweet son
Sweet son 06/01/12 - 11:46 am

Jake is Always Good!

Love your picture and your comments. You just know how to stay on the edge without arousing the Sean police. Keep it up!!

I had problems figuring out what had happened on first read and had to fill in the blanks like the rest of you. Send Bianca an email and tell her she needs to edit the article.

mrducks
mrducks 06/01/12 - 11:47 am

except...

...socks.

allhans
21985
allhans 06/01/12 - 12:55 pm

Watch out for those baggy,

Watch out for those baggy, saggy pants.

I don't envy the person who had to handle the "damaged" merchandise.

Little Lamb
Little Lamb 06/01/12 - 02:49 pm

Clorox

That's okay, allhans. All they've got to do is wipe the steak surfaces down with clorox, then re-wrap in cellophane and the steaks will be good as new — ready to put back in the display case.

Fiat_Lux
Fiat_Lux 06/01/12 - 02:06 pm

Yuck!

Yuck!

Tots
Tots 06/01/12 - 03:28 pm

Yuck!

Is right Fiat...

Well this gives a whole new meaning to marked down meats ...

itsanotherday1
itsanotherday1 06/01/12 - 04:20 pm

It's all good.

"Oops, anotherday...I forgot to choose my sarcasm font."

That's OK, I thought for a minute you thought I was serious about not understanding it. It was a gentle poke at the AC writers who make these kinds of faux pas with some regularity. I make more than my share, but I don't write for a living.

rmwhitley
rmwhitley 06/01/12 - 06:45 pm

Resale

as trouser steaks.

Sweet son
Sweet son 06/01/12 - 07:59 pm

And Bianca did enough editing!

She was receptive to my email. Hats off to Bianca!!!!!

KSL
KSL 06/02/12 - 07:54 pm

Sharpest tool in the shed? I

Sharpest tool in the shed? I would have said the sharpest (steak) knife in the drawer.

kiwiinamerica
kiwiinamerica 06/02/12 - 10:39 pm

Overheard at the customer service counter

"I demand a refund! You see, I've got this meat in my pants........."

"Indeed, sir!!"

smokeysbandit
smokeysbandit 06/03/12 - 08:57 am

Little Lamb apparently

Little Lamb apparently remembers what got Food Lion into some serious hot water several years ago with the clorox remark. For those that don't know/remember that was exactly one of the things they were caught doing. Almost got'em put out of business.