Crime & Courts

Richmond Co. | Columbia Co. | Aiken Co. |

North Augusta man crashes car into porch, police say

Tuesday, May 22, 2012 7:31 AM
Last updated 2:34 PM

NORTH AUGUSTA — Police said a 20-year-old man drove his car into his porch after he became angry over a change in dinner plans.

According to an incident report, North Augusta Public Safety officers were called to the 900 block of Medie Avenue around 8:40 p.m. Sunday when Mitchell Rowan Davis got into his 1993 BMW, drove through his front yard and hit the porch where his mother and 17-year-old brother were standing. Authorities said the porch rails were splintered when they arrived.

Officers found Davis at the North Hills BP where he explained he was angry over a change in dinner plans and “was trying to scare” his mother and brother.

The family declined to prosecute.

Little Lamb
Little Lamb 05/22/12 - 08:07 am
Once Upon a Time

I was 20 years old once.

Iwannakno
Iwannakno 05/22/12 - 08:13 am
How about crashes into

How about crashes into porch or rams porch with car...unless he was driving a porch...headline is kind of dumb.

raul
raul 05/22/12 - 08:49 am
@LL. Me too, but I don't

@LL. Me too, but I don't remember being stupid angry.

pommom38
pommom38 05/22/12 - 10:02 am
We all were

At one time, we were all young. I don't think I need a poll to see how many did NOT ram porches due to dinner plans being changed.
This dude needs to grow the heck up.
Don't want to press charges, that's my son. Good grief, don't care, your kid needs serious help and fast lady!!

my.voice
my.voice 05/22/12 - 10:06 am
The family declined to

The family declined to prosecute.............BECAUSE HIS OTHER CAR IS A HUMMER!

Little Lamb
Little Lamb 05/22/12 - 10:15 am
LOL

:-)

Good one, my.voice!

Jake
Jake 05/22/12 - 10:53 am
Dinner Plans

He had his heart set on meat loaf and mashed potatoes and his mom said they were going to have rutabagas and liver instead, so he went nuts.

LLArms
LLArms 05/22/12 - 11:19 am
Family won't prosecute little

Family won't prosecute little Johnny (who is actually 20 years old and not a child) for his temper tantrum, so now little Johnny thinks this behavior is acceptable.

Regardless of it being his property, the family admitted they were standing on the porch and he crashed into it on purpose. The police should have arrested him based on that. Something tells me the responding officers didn't feel like dealing with it so ignored their options to pursue on their own.

tanbaby
tanbaby 05/22/12 - 12:34 pm
well i guess he showed them,

well i guess he showed them, huh????????

kiwiinamerica
kiwiinamerica 05/22/12 - 12:36 pm
"Change" we can't believe in.......

So....uh......what was the "change in dinner plans" that provoked this little tantrum, hmmmmm?

Home delivered pizza instead of a trip to his favorite grill? Momma put broccoli in his favorite soup?

Inquiring minds want to know............

Augusta resident
Augusta resident 05/22/12 - 01:40 pm
Did they change the dinner

Did they change the dinner plans back?

TrulyWorried
TrulyWorried 05/22/12 - 02:50 pm
Damaged porch

It may seem funny according to a lot of the comments and in a way one is inclined to look at it as "comical". This young man needs help,
psychiatric help - if he demolishes his family's porch with his mother and younger brother standing on it - what is he capable of doing next?
Has anyone given that a serious thought? Being out of control like this at the age of 20 points to a possible increase in violence in the future. Only my opinion - I raised 5 boys and they are all doing well, thank God.

my.voice
my.voice 05/22/12 - 03:48 pm
Damaged.......you are

Damaged.......you are correct. I just doubt that anyone who NEEDS the help is going to be reading these comments. Good point tho, and my hats off to anyone who raises five boys.

juantez
juantez 05/22/12 - 04:45 pm
A good [filtered word]

A good a** kicking would be on his menus

Georgia to monitor potential Ebola travelers

Georgia is one of six states that will soon begin active monitoring of all travelers from three Ebola-stricken countries in West Africa for the 21 days during which they could develop an infection ...